Yooo hooo Mr. Pilot Man

A decent captain would pay for it - going over schedule a couple of minutes here and there covers that.....

Jim
Well, now, you said it, not me! ;)

Seriously, That has got to be my #1 pet peeve, seeing a pilot come back onboard with a bag of food, and he/she did not even MENTION that they were going to the food court, let alone offer to pick us up something!
Trust me, I let them know!

Not too long ago, our captain came back w/3 frozen yogurts for us, one of each flavor.
He never even mentioned he was going for anything!
I tell ya, it was like friggin CHRISTMAS!

This thread reminds me of an argument with my wife.

"Why are you mad?"
"Because you didn't get me _____ while you were out."
"You didn't tell me you WANTED _____!"
"You should have KNOWN!"

If you WANT: a better briefing, some food, the seat-belt sign on, etc. -- COMMUNICATE. Mind-reading is not a part of the Boeing 737 initial training program.

That being said, as a furloughed guy whose current airplane does not have: an APU, a lav, OR a flight attendant I do miss having someone to take care of the pax and to open the door.

<yawn>

I have fond memories of the Airport Motel in TOL.

If it was available, you could get the waterbed room. Shooting some pool on the table in the lobby with the red felt. Borrowing the front desk guy’s car to go up to Loma Linda’s for the best Mexican food east of the Mississippi.

That was the life.

Oh, and no arguing about the van time; you hoofed it to the terminal!
Oh yes, I forgot about the very fine TOL. You got to do all that while on a 9+15 RON?

Oh yes, I forgot about the very fine TOL. You got to do all that while on a 9+15 RON?

Oh, short stupid RON's. I clearly remember 9+23 RON's at ORD. Hope you are on time, get everyone off, tidy the aircraft, get to the hotel's bus, drive to every terminal, head for the hotal and consider yourself lucky if you were in the room in 1:15. Then think about do I really need to eat before trying to sleep and be ready to go 1:30 to 1:45 before push. If you got 5 hours of sleep you were lucky.

Well, now, you said it, not me! ;)

Seriously, That has got to be my #1 pet peeve, seeing a pilot come back onboard with a bag of food, and he/she did not even MENTION that they were going to the food court, let alone offer to pick us up something!
Trust me, I let them know!

Not too long ago, our captain came back w/3 frozen yogurts for us, one of each flavor.
He never even mentioned he was going for anything!
I tell ya, it was like friggin CHRISTMAS!

Once the Krispy Kreme opend in CLT, I used to get a dozen donuts for the crew at the beginning of the trip. It was a great way to start the trip, and the F/A's always appreciated it. It's amazing how a couple of bucks can set the tone for a great 4 day.

Back