10 CEOs Who Got Rich By Squeezing Workers

Mother Jones? Seriously? How sad one has to resort to leftist propaganda from Mother Jones.

Mother Jones (The Magazine, not the woman) doesn't have a ton of credibility outside of their subscription base. HOWEVER, some of what this article has to say is accurate as far as it goes. Of the top ten, Winn-Dixie has struggled for years as has Gannett. Harley Davidson has also struggled mightily as well.

It should also be noted that Mr Immelt spends a great deal of time with our POTUS who is supposed to be a "friend" of Labor. Well with friends like Obama I'd argue that Labor has about all the help it can stand.

Finally we live in a capitalist country and sadly there are winners and loser regardless who the POTUS is. A better stat to consider is that for the first time since right before the Great Depression we hav approximately 6% of the wealth in the hands of 1% of the population. The monetary system and its manipulation is the real issue, one that Ron Paul addresses head on. What the list really shows us is that the average citizen suffer most when the wealth is concentrated in a few strong hands.

How about we discuss the top 10 Union leaders that make millions off the backs of the workers?

I thought the class warfare pity party stopped in 2008 when a black man was elected president. If one can surpass the over whelming odds (as trumpeted by the leftists) and achieve at a higher level and become president then surely one can no longer blame others for their inability to achieve as well. If you blame others for you having less then the loser is you.

How about we discuss the top 10 Union leaders that make millions off the backs of the workers?

I thought the class warfare pity party stopped in 2008 when a black man was elected president. If one can surpass the over whelming odds (as trumpeted by the leftists) and achieve at a higher level and become president then surely one can no longer blame others for their inability to achieve as well. If you blame others for you having less then the loser is you.

There are no Union Leaders to my knowledge who make anywhere near millions annually. That's unfair and inaccurate. If you have actual facts I'd like to see them. Not hard to find as they are public record.

Frankly I don't see a class warfare issue here. What I do see is that when you concentrate large percentage of wealth in a few strong hands you place every single job in the USA at risk, union or not. The last time we had this level of wealth in a few hands we fell in the Great Depression.

I'm certainly no dyed in the wool union man as they cause as many problems as they solve. Some of that is their rigid view of the workplace. It's a different world now and they have largely failed to adapt, becoming Dinosaurs.

OTOH when you have a CEO hob nobbing with an allegedly labor friendly POTUS who has dumped workers at an alarming rate it does give one pause. I haven't heard big business doing much howling over the Boeing Decision in SC and there is a reason for that.

The single best answer for Labor is a POTUS that will not tank the economy like Bush & Obama did. Ending the tyranny of the Fed & IRS and bringing our military home, along with allowing the oil and gas industry to open new resources with create an environment where the individual can prosper and decide to be a union member or not. This is why if you draw a paycheck, Ron Paul is your only choice.

There are no Union Leaders to my knowledge who make anywhere near millions annually. That's unfair and inaccurate. If you have actual facts I'd like to see them. Not hard to find as they are public record.

Frankly I don't see a class warfare issue here. What I do see is that when you concentrate large percentage of wealth in a few strong hands you place every single job in the USA at risk, union or not. The last time we had this level of wealth in a few hands we fell in the Great Depression.

I'm certainly no dyed in the wool union man as they cause as many problems as they solve. Some of that is their rigid view of the workplace. It's a different world now and they have largely failed to adapt, becoming Dinosaurs.

OTOH when you have a CEO hob nobbing with an allegedly labor friendly POTUS who has dumped workers at an alarming rate it does give one pause. I haven't heard big business doing much howling over the Boeing Decision in SC and there is a reason for that.

The single best answer for Labor is a POTUS that will not tank the economy like Bush & Obama did. Ending the tyranny of the Fed & IRS and bringing our military home, along with allowing the oil and gas industry to open new resources with create an environment where the individual can prosper and decide to be a union member or not. This is why if you draw a paycheck, Ron Paul is your only choice.

My reply wasn't directed at you. Rather the resident union hugger. Fact still remains that the labor landscape is filled with unions that over pay their leaders and steal millions in union dues thru fraud, etc.

So when some union dolt throws around the class warfare garbage I shove it back their face, ever so graciously of course.

My reply wasn't directed at you. Rather the resident union hugger. Fact still remains that the labor landscape is filled with unions that over pay their leaders and steal millions in union dues thru fraud, etc.

So when some union dolt throws around the class warfare garbage I shove it back their face, ever so graciously of course.

Oh it's OK if it was, I know the OP and he's a decent hard working guy. Union leaders are essentially Politicians and most politicians are thieves, so it stands to reason that there would be corruption. You can't hold them to a higher standard

Thanks Bob,

And all I have to say is prove dapoes that union leaders make millions and steal dues.

I dont see them in a cell next to Madoff, the Rigas', leaders of Enron, WorldCom, Tyco and others.

Thanks Bob,

And all I have to say is prove dapoes that union leaders make millions and steal dues.

I dont see them in a cell next to Madoff, the Rigas', leaders of Enron, WorldCom, Tyco and others.

Hmm....lets just grab the low hanging fruit for starters: Jimmy Hoffa was sentenced to eight years in prison. In 1964 Hoffa was convicted of misappropriating $1.7 million in union pension funds.

Union Faceplant....Doink-Click-Next! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Hmm....lets just grab the low hanging fruit for starters: Jimmy Hoffa was sentenced to eight years in prison. In 1964 Hoffa was convicted of misappropriating $1.7 million in union pension funds.

Union Faceplant....Doink-Click-Next! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Jeesus you had to go back 47 years to come up with a union guy convicted of misappropriating $1.7 Million Dollars. Hell $1.7 million wouldn't even cover Ken Lay's legal bills. Is there corruption? Of course but it's very small time compared to the likes of Enron, et al.

Jeesus you had to go back 47 years to come up with a union guy convicted of misappropriating $1.7 Million Dollars. Hell $1.7 million wouldn't even cover Ken Lay's legal bills. Is there corruption? Of course but it's very small time compared to the likes of Enron, et al.

Please don't tell me your going to try and play the moral equivalency card. That never works.

Please don't tell me your going to try and play the moral equivalency card. That never works.

I don't play cards. I deal in facts.

Fact - Hoffa was tried and convicted on the pension plan misappropriation, Union members lost 1.7 million

Fact - Enron bilked thousands of investors and employees of Hundreds of Millions of Dollars

Fact - The number of CEO's getting the perp walk far out numbers the union shenanigans that go on especially in dollar terms. A criminal is a criminal, is a criminal. Just because they are Union Leaders doesn't make them bigger or smaller criminals. Same for Corporate America.

Union IMO do make themselves easy targets of ridicule far to often, for myriad reasons. In some way they are there own worst enemy.

We are where we are because of Globalist/Corporatist's, not from the activities of less than 12% of the workforce. Eisenhower was right.

Well, everyone can make their own judgment.
The 'fact' is that CEO/Executive/Robber Baron compensation has risen and 'every one else' has fallen.
Our tax payer bailout of the banking industry proves that as the top brass continues to receive bonuses and increasing income. The same crap happened with the S&L bailout.

Everyone cries about how the 'free market' should work but that's a load of crap as we subsidize the 'free market'. They raped us, took our money, then blame us.

At some point, the public will not tolerate being raped and break out the old guillotine for some rough justice.
:eek:

Well, everyone can make their own judgment.
The 'fact' is that CEO/Executive/Robber Baron compensation has risen and 'every one else' has fallen.
Our tax payer bailout of the banking industry proves that as the top brass continues to receive bonuses and increasing income. The same crap happened with the S&L bailout.

Everyone cries about how the 'free market' should work but that's a load of crap as we subsidize the 'free market'. They raped us, took our money, then blame us.

At some point, the public will not tolerate being raped and break out the old guillotine for some rough justice.
:eek:

So have you joined the Ron Paul Revolution? sounds like you should.

Latest posts

Back