1549 LGA-CLT

From the inbox... First word from Tempe

Title: US Airways Flight 1549 Initial Report
Date: 1/15/2009 4:23:00 PM

TEMPE, Ariz.--(BUSINESS WIRE)--Jan. 15, 2009--US Airways (NYSE: LCC) flight 1549, an Airbus A320 en route to Charlotte
from LaGuardia, has been involved in an accident in New York at
approximately 3:03 pm Eastern Time.

Airline officials are in direct contact with local, state and national
authorities and are cooperating fully with emergency response efforts.
US Airways' primary concern at this time is for those on board the
airplane and their families.

US Airways is confirming passenger and crew on board the aircraft and
will issue additional information as soon as possible. At this point, no
additional details can be confirmed.

Individuals who believe they may have family members on board flight
1549 may call US Airways at 1-800-679-8215 within the United
States. This number can be reached toll-free from international
locations through AT&T's USADirect®. To contact an AT&T
operator, please visit http://www.usa.att.com/traveler
for USADirect® access codes.

US Airways will provide additional information as it becomes available.
Please monitor usairways.com for the latest information. (LCCG)

- LCC -

Amazing response by the NY ferries and rescue. When all is said and done a lot of accolades are going to go out to the crew and rescuers. Also, it sounds like the passengers were exceptionally well-behaved, which says a lot. Again, job well done.

Congratulations to the crew of US Airways 1549 for an outstanding endeavor to save all passengers and crew. You deserve special praise.

Bra-vo! What a great job getting that plane down safely. I'm glad everyone is safe. It's FREEEZING here in NY today. Excellent work by the pilot and great response time for all the rescue workers. All of the eye witnesses says the pilot landed like he was landing on a runway.

I'm sorry it had to happen but it is amazing watching a ditching in action. What things we're going to learn from this.

This is just amazing...Kudos to the Crew for doing their jobs! Everyone's alive...

Usairways.com has a press release out and the website is loading slowly.

Amazing !! Well done.
USAIRHUDSON.png

From the inbox... First word from Tempe

This is a great response. Very well written.

I'm very impressed with what I've seen and heard so far about the handling of this crash. The pilot, crew and rescue workers deserve kudos for saving 150 lives today.

My prayers are with the passengers, crew and everyone at US.

1.5 years after leaving the company and the airline industry, my heart still drops when I hear this kind of news. I worked in the Family Support Center for five accidents during my East career, and it's grueling work -- assisting victims, families, etc. with post-accident humanitarian needs. I was assigned the family of BA non-revs (I'll leave out their last name) after US427 and the grandparents were so nice it about tore my heart out.

While everyone is saying prayers, please don't forget to include the employees in that role too. Well beyond the immediate rush of the accident, they'll be working around the clock through some very, very emotional situations, even if all the passengers survived. I still think about some of the stuff I had to handle all the way back to US1493, not to mention US405, US1016, US427 and USE5481. US1493 was in 1991 and some of the stuff I had to do, hear or say way back then still haunts me.

I hope the reports are true that everyone got out safely.

This is just amazing...Kudos to the Crew for doing their jobs! Everyone's alive...

I think there will be at least one passenger that will try the "disappearing act". Probably someone deeeeply in debt or facing serious criminal prosecution.

Amazing response by the NY ferries and rescue. When all is said and done a lot of accolades are going to go out to the crew and rescuers. Also, it sounds like the passengers were exceptionally well-behaved, which says a lot. Again, job well done.

New York knows how to do this. When something happens that affects our fellow man, woman and child, everybody drops everything and goes to aid those distressed.

Back