74% mechanics resigned

Count me in the greater number. I said I would be first in line if the POS contract passed and I was close to it. When I made the final click on RADAR it was actually liberating. It took over a year but I'm finally back where I was financially and I didn't have to crawl back to Dougie and his management "team" to beg for a job. I know he could give a flip about me and the other mechanics who called it quits with nwa but my pride and honor are intact.
Congradulations and God's blessings to the honorable mechanics who stayed in there and didn't give up. You are a part of labor history...the honorable part.

<----------- (the dude there) thought it was quite liberating to be able to "resign" on-line. He told me that it was great that technology advanced so much he can quit in his BVD's.

Really pathetic and sad. Lots of people don't know that mx have the option to resign on line. I kind of feel that is a slap in the face. My hunny had his letter made out all pretty and neat.

To all the brave men and women that fought this fight I must express my admiration I know only a few of you personally but I am proud of all of you. May the good Lord bless you and yours in this season and for years to come I for one would be proud to work with you any day!!!
Don

Further breakdown of the numbers:

29% of the AMT's took recall, 71% resigned
17% of the cleaners took recall, 83% resigned
19% of plant maintenance took recall, 81% resigned

Granted the cleaners didn't have jobs to come back to, but that's a little more divided than I expected it to be between the three main subgroups.

Further breakdown of the numbers:

29% of the AMT's took recall, 71% resigned
17% of the cleaners took recall, 83% resigned
19% of plant maintenance took recall, 81% resigned

Granted the cleaners didn't have jobs to come back to, but that's a little more divided than I expected it to be between the three main subgroups.

I wonder what the average age of those who opted for recall was. It will be interesting to see what happens to NWA if the majority of those who went back were approaching retirement.

I wonder what the average age of those who opted for recall was. It will be interesting to see what happens to NWA if the majority of those who went back were approaching retirement.

What I'm curious about is what would poses someone to want a recall to a company that treats it's employes in the manner NWA does. Or end up working with strangers that replaced you along with former co-workers that crossed the picket line. Talk about a hostile work enviornment.

My admiration to all thos HONORABLE FOLKS who never scabbed after the strike. Happy Holidays to all. It is only honorable when they dont cross the line.

What I'm curious about is what would poses someone to want a recall to a company that treats it's employes in the manner NWA does. Or end up working with strangers that replaced you along with former co-workers that crossed the picket line. Talk about a hostile work enviornment.

...maybe you should ask our AMFA leaders, all of whom placed their names on the recall list, figure that one out. Hmmm, maybe their response would be that they're trying to get back on the property to represent the needs of the "honorable" members. HA, what a bunch of crap! Not only are they hypocritical, they're two face liars.

...maybe you should ask our AMFA leaders, all of whom placed their names on the recall list, figure that one out. Hmmm, maybe their response would be that they're trying to get back on the property to represent the needs of the "honorable" members. HA, what a bunch of crap! Not only are they hypocritical, they're two face liars.
Maybe they are hoping to have tea and cookies with the IAM folks that crossed.

Did you ever get involved with your union and see what it's like from that side?

My admiration to all thos HONORABLE FOLKS who never scabbed after the strike. Happy Holidays to all. It is only honorable when they dont cross the line.
Robbed I'd like to say Happy Holidays to you and yours also.

I commend you for supporting us all through this strike.
Don't think I don't notice that you are the absolute least judgmental poster on this board.
You never criticize anyone’s choice, unless of course it’s the choice to become a SCAB, and you sure don’t hold back your opinion on them. LOL

Thank you, hope your Holidays are all that.

thank you GC My goes out to you and yours as well. I try not to judge anyone except the scabs. I grew up that way and now met a girl of my dream and she feels the same as i do! Thank you again for your kind thoughts and words. May the Best Wishes during your Holiday Season as that of all the Hard Striking AMFA workers who stayed straight thru to the bitter end of the strike without crossing the line or scabbin as i would say.

All NW employees and Union leaders must bare the burden of this tragedy. It is we whom allowed the same incompetent group to ruin this airline since taking control in 1989.

How many times does it take for "Talent" to fail and threaten BK?

And they are STILL running NW! Not one Union leader at NW has demanded the removal of Wilson or Steenland. So much for fighting spirit. You can't take advantage of the willing.

All NW employees and Union leaders must bare the burden of this tragedy. It is we whom allowed the same incompetent group to ruin this airline since taking control in 1989.

How many times does it take for "Talent" to fail and threaten BK?

And they are STILL running NW! Not one Union leader at NW has demanded the removal of Wilson or Steenland. So much for fighting spirit. You can't take advantage of the willing.
While I agree with your first statement totally, the second statement pretty much sums up where NW is today, bankrupt.

I'm also certain that no Union leader in ANY company, corporation etc, would have the right to demand the removal of the people running such company, corporation etc.

Also in bankruptcy, the top leaders are bound by the courts to not beat feet.

So basically, I don't know what your post is all about. But thanks for posting.