AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Yeah. Because voting against yourself fixes the disparity. Right? It'll be fixed?

Then the 7,000 IAM will help vote it in. That's the plan?

There are so many other reasons to not like the agreement but everyone focuses on what others have. Voting on a contract with envy is corrosive.

I truly do not wish for IAM members to loose their valuable and desirable medical insurance. It is obviously a very important benefit for them. But to properly prepare us for our next round of negotiations, all members must be on an even level.

If the company refuses to offer IAM medical to TWU members, it obviously means that it is very costly and valuable. The company has a number for that value and the association knows it as well but we are kept in the dark by design. I suspect that IAM medical is costly enough that it puts the IAM total compensation at the top of the industry.

The IAM portion of our association has had very little to gain considering all the benefits those members have above what the TWU has. Vacation, holidays, holiday pay, overtime pay, sick time pay, sick time accrual, low medical insurance costs, low deductibles. This has been a major contributing factor in the lack of progress in negotiations.

The association has been delinquent in their duty by bringing back an AIP that compensates TWU and IAM members unequally. There is no justifiable reason for it. Why would an IAM members want TWU member to be compensated less.

I truly do not wish for IAM members to loose their valuable and desirable medical insurance. It is obviously a very important benefit for them. But to properly prepare us for our next round of negotiations, all members must be on an even level.

If the company refuses to offer IAM medical to TWU members, it obviously means that it is very costly and valuable. The company has a number for that value and the association knows it as well but we are kept in the dark by design. I suspect that IAM medical is costly enough that it puts the IAM total compensation at the top of the industry.

The IAM portion of our association has had very little to gain considering all the benefits those members have above what the TWU has. Vacation, holidays, holiday pay, overtime pay, sick time pay, sick time accrual, low medical insurance costs, low deductibles. This has been a major contributing factor in the lack of progress in negotiations.

The association has been delinquent in their duty by bringing back an AIP that compensates TWU and IAM members unequally. There is no justifiable reason for it. Why would an IAM members want TWU member to be compensated less.

Why don't you propose we give up the jobs the IAM won't gain but the TWU has in exchange for them giving up their medical. You know, if we want to make things even.

I hear the weez is back as MIA steward and educating the masses kicking ass and taking names....will there be another run for office in his future ..is ford bringing back the edsel? Stay tuned

Good for him. Hopefully, he’s ditched 700 and the other goons harming the rank and file.

mail

As previously announced, the TWU-IAM Association reached Agreements in Principle (AIP) last week with American Airlines on five new Joint Collective Bargaining Agreements (JCBAs). The five-year accords run through 2025.

This week, Association negotiating committee members met with company representatives in Fort Lauderdale, FL to begin finalizing contract language to bring our Agreements in Principle back to you as complete Tentative Agreements for your consideration. This time-consuming work is necessary for accurate full text documents to be presented to the membership before ratification voting begins. We expect this process to take a few weeks.

The parties this week finalized the proposed base wage scales and associated premiums going forward, and those rates for each group accompanies this update.

We ask for your continued patience as we continue the work to bring you complete details on the premier collective bargaining agreements in the industry.

PDF: TWU-IAM American Airlines Base Wage Rates and Hourly PremiumsDownload

So, is "Premier" and ILC the same thing. I'd also like to ask NYer if the Association secured it's members, either the IAM or TWU an industry leading contract...

Last edited:
Why don't you propose we give up the jobs the IAM won't gain but the TWU has in exchange for them giving up their medical. You know, if we want to make things even.

So you are saying the reason for the lack of parity is due to the two unions deviding up their shares of the dues? I thought we all worked for the same man now and everyone was moving forward and the past was behind us.

Are you saying the TWU has not sacrificed enough to be worthy of IAM level compensation?

Built in disparity for the company to use to divide and conquer.

Association fail.

The company and the association and the IAM have had a baseball bat shoved all the way up our TWU a$$e$ for years. Now they propose to pull the bat out about halfway and expect TWU members to be pleased with that.

Frickin hilarious

Average of six weeks pay for SWA employees. Good for them.
What will AA get? We all know that one. 1.4% yuppie, yuppie, yuppie.

https://simpleflying.com/southwest-airlines-profit-share/
Oh crap. Just realized I forgot to post our PS with you guys. Sorry bout that.
Yes 1AA, we are getting an average of 6 weeks pay for PS. The breakdown is as follows: 12.2% of yearly will be awarded with 10% going into PS retirement accounts as the employees directed to their choices of investments. 2.2% will be distributed out as cash payments to the employees. So a combination of PS account payments, as well as cash in hand payments, if you will.
Although very happy to get the PS news, it was a bit lower than expected because of the Max groundings and other fiascos from the year 2019. We should have been around 16-18% should everything gone as planned. But, shite happens in life.
Delta the big winner this time around with, I think, 16% plus going to their employees, which should be around 2 months pay once again for them.