AA and Labor Negotiations-2020

Someone care to explain the sunset clause with the IAM medical that will give the company the unilateral right to cancel the remaining plans (some go date of signing no?) Also with every new hire IAM member coming on board forced to the LAA plan, will that not expedite the sunset clause based mainly on how many are left on the plan?
spin,spin,spin. and the cards keep coming.

Reactions: swamt
Yes, the perspective that we were to vote on representation for the union of our choice. Yes, the perspective that the association promised an ILC. Yes, the perspective that we as members pay a fee to be legally represented by the association to look out for our best interest and not the associations interest. When one party be it an individual or group agree to pay a monetary fee for a service to be rendered and that service is not in the best interest of that individual or party then you have a legal avenue to take some kind of legal direction to rectify the issue. Leave, remove them, a lawsuit for misrepresentation or in our case bend over backwards and say just take it.

Just ask DL how well the union thing has worked for them oh right they don’t have one but yet they are at the top.
So don’t sell me that any union has my best interest in mind when it comes to representing me, they don’t and they never will

aa fleet is still under the 2011 BK contract. so, no more double time after 4 hrs. OT. holdover.

the company has took advantage and offers up to 7 hrs. OT holdover to cover holes for 8 hr shifts. anything more than that is considered 'unsafe' - as if they care about our welfare.

when we get a normal contract, all those that loved 7 hrs. holdover OT will get stuck with only 4...because no way the company will pay double time - unless in a severe pinch.

so, to some people that's a concession.

like the CS scammers. they hate VC, they hate more VC weeks because THEY HAVE TO BE OFF. i see guys walking around with their eyes closed, they are so tired.

more VC is a concession to them. they will lose money.

AA already pays double time to the LUS side, still cheaper then hiring more people.

Just ask DL how well the union thing has worked for them oh right they don’t have one but yet they are at the top.
So don’t sell me that any union has my best interest in mind when it comes to representing me, they don’t and they never will
Delta has been a NON-UNION culture for the AMT'S, Flight attendants and Ramp. We have been a union culture since the 1940's. The approach in conducting business with your employees have to be within contractual agreement. Many businesses have no union and do well. Some do not. After all these years between Non-union Delta and Union American you can not compare the work culture. You can't say let's go non-union like Delta so we can do better. That will let American management do as they please in many aspects of conducting business. If Delta went union with the AMT'S you would not see the same work culture you have today. In my opinion I believe Delta would still do better with a union than we do at American just not as good with no union as they have now.

Is it your management job to come on here and troll. Your line of we should be happy with anything the company offers us is pure garbage. If you are happy with a so called equal but separate contract then vote what makes you happy. Maybe you should take your own advice and move on from a bunch of haters.

Dont forget DL has a ton of RR who may or may not get benes n are paid significantly less than mainline folks. Kev can chime w more but this cld explain partial why theyre higher paid

Maybe it’s because some of us live in the real world and you can’t always get what you want or promised.
I don’t think anyone is going to be living on the streets with what we will be making.
It’s all about perspective
Perspective!? Are you kidding me?? The real world??? Man up! Put your big boy pants on for God sake. What does it take????

aa fleet is still under the 2011 BK contract. so, no more double time after 4 hrs. OT. holdover.

the company has took advantage and offers up to 7 hrs. OT holdover to cover holes for 8 hr shifts. anything more than that is considered 'unsafe' - as if they care about our welfare.

when we get a normal contract, all those that loved 7 hrs. holdover OT will get stuck with only 4...because no way the company will pay double time - unless in a severe pinch.

so, to some people that's a concession.

like the CS scammers. they hate VC, they hate more VC weeks because THEY HAVE TO BE OFF. i see guys walking around with their eyes closed, they are so tired.

more VC is a concession to them. they will lose money.
Oh, WOW, thx for that info. Did not realize that.

It must be so awkward when you two accidentally meet at the urinals
Indeed. Isn't that where all the "pricks" hang out?

you're lus and you are saying this??

True i never remembered them hesitating even if double time had to be offered.Maybe its sn AA thing

was this at lus $20 per hour, prior to the merger?

i remember getting 2 hrs. ot for starting 22 minutes or 11 minutes or 6 minutes early - many, many times in the early 1990s. i didn't see any of that in the bullet points. it's iam language, not twu.

Perspective!? Are you kidding me?? The real world??? Man up! Put your big boy pants on for God sake. What does it take????

Oh, WOW, thx for that info. Did not realize that.

Indeed. Isn't that where all the "pricks" hang out?
So you think we should the ASS back to the table? I think you aren’t seeing reality

Latest posts