AA extends 737MAX-related cancellations to Sept.3rd

Read this morning on WSJ that Boeing is looking at the year 2020 before the MAX will fly again. With all the pushback dates since the grounding I believe it's a bigger problem than initially anticipated and again someone is not being honest to the aviation community.
And when industry people begin to suggest that "someone is not being honest to the aviation community" (that someone being Boeing), the public relations also will go south. I've never been afraid to fly, but I'm not getting on a MAX any time soon. One way to be sure is to fly Delta. They don't have even one MAX at this point. I won't miss non-rev travel because I usually can't get on the airplane anyway as a D2R.

At what point Swampy does Gary Kelly and SWA BOD throw in the towel and tell Boeing , we no longer trust your piece of **** Airplane, build us some 800 NG. ,and we go buy an Airline with Airbus on order, just like we bought Airtran for their 800s on order. I am sure SWA has plan B, when this goes South.
If it goes any further south, the time would be now IMO. They better get something to sub for the Max. Losing too much revenue and now soon to be going into 2020.

Now, you know there's not a cynical bone in my body, but...even if you call a pile of dog poop lunch, it's still a pile of dog poop.

Now, you know there's not a cynical bone in my body, but...even if you call a pile of dog poop lunch, it's still a pile of dog poop.
Yes sir. Sure is.
Jim, we just followed AA's lead and canceled all Max flights thru Nov 2nd too. Along with stopping all Pilot training, Captain advancement trainings, and can not expand as much as we were gonna in Oct where we always add new cities and/or flights. The Max is putting a huge dent on Hawaii additional flights from being added as well. This just sucks for SWA and now it really does look more and more like 2020 and now I'm not even sure if it will be the first Q or 2nd...

Southwest removes Boeing 737 MAX from schedule until November 2, freezes pilot hiring

Well, we are reaching the point where it will happen (Maxes return to the air) or it won't. In either case, we have to assume that WN and AA management have prepared for that eventuality. We have no choice because the outcome is not in our power to alter. Philosophy 101. Class over.

Boeing tried to cheap out, and built a turd. They eliminated their competition by buying McDonnell Douglas for the military contracts, killed the MD11 and the B717. Now they are losing orders to Airbus. SWA will make a decision and it might be Boeing's loss!

Reactions: 787nightmare
Well, we are reaching the point where it will happen (Maxes return to the air) or it won't. In either case, we have to assume that WN and AA management have prepared for that eventuality. We have no choice because the outcome is not in our power to alter. Philosophy 101. Class over.
They better have.

Sorry, but it's all politics. Given all the questions over initial certification, FAA doesn't want to give the impression they're being soft on oversight, Boeing can't make waves, and the airlines don't want to be perceived as putting profits ahead of safety.

United also pushed their cancellations out to early November.

A lot of truth in that statement....

Swamt-Boeing mgt keeps stating late 4th qtr of 2019. We shall see.
They currently attempting to recall retirees(not many takers, just LAUGHS)and hiring temporary mechs to staff up Moses Lake, WA as another delivery center(along with Seattle and Everett)....

Amazes me how Boeing is trying to correct an aerodynamically structural flying characteristic change by re-writing computer software.

Swamt-Boeing mgt keeps stating late 4th qtr of 2019. We shall see.
They currently attempting to recall retirees(not many takers, just LAUGHS)and hiring temporary mechs to staff up Moses Lake, WA as another delivery center(along with Seattle and Everett)....
Yes, and now Boeing is saying they are ramping production back up with a total of 57 per month by 6-2020.
Now I am reading by some time next month and hopefully a blessing from the FAA by Oct--early. It does appear that Boeing and SWA are betting on good news coming soon...
Hey like he new avatar.

Boeing Rises on 737 MAX Production Ramp-Up News

Yes, and now Boeing is saying they are ramping production back up with a total of 57 per month by 6-2020.
Now I am reading by some time next month and hopefully a blessing from the FAA by Oct--early. It does appear that Boeing and SWA are betting on good news coming soon...
Hey like he new avatar.

Boeing Rises on 737 MAX Production Ramp-Up News

Yep, they’re like heroin addicts.
We don’t even have customers flying the aircraft yet and they’re eyeing restoration of the 57 rate.

They can’t even get one built right out of the factory yet! We’re still! doing a lot rework out on the flight line, where we should be doing what we’re supposed to be doing, prepping them for C1(Cust first flight after build).

Gotta love executive mgt here.
Run your experience off with a buy out, take existing emp pensions away, essentially freeze their pay, cut healthcare benes......then come back to ask them to return to help bail their political asses out.
CLASSIC.

There is one thing the IAM said here at BCA that I ageee with. “From time to time someone has to step in to protect Boeing from themselves”.

AND IT ALL STARTED AFTER THE MERGER.

Yep, they’re like heroin addicts.
We don’t even have customers flying the aircraft yet and they’re eyeing restoration of the 57 rate.

They can’t even get one built right out of the factory yet! We’re still! doing a lot rework out on the flight line, where we should be doing what we’re supposed to be doing, prepping them for C1(Cust first flight after build).

Gotta love executive mgt here.
Run your experience off with a buy out, take existing emp pensions away, essentially freeze their pay, cut healthcare benes......then come back to ask them to return to help bail their political asses out.
CLASSIC.

There is one thing the IAM said here at BCA that I ageee with. “From time to time someone has to step in to protect Boeing from themselves”.

AND IT ALL STARTED AFTER THE MERGER.
sounds very similar to things at AA..... and it started after the merger.....

Latest posts