AA extends 737MAX-related cancellations to Sept.3rd

Discussion in 'American Airlines' started by jimntx, Jun 10, 2019.

1. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

And when industry people begin to suggest that "someone is not being honest to the aviation community" (that someone being Boeing), the public relations also will go south. I've never been afraid to fly, but I'm not getting on a MAX any time soon. One way to be sure is to fly Delta. They don't have even one MAX at this point. I won't miss non-rev travel because I usually can't get on the airplane anyway as a D2R.

• Winner Winner x 2
  2. swamt

swamt Veteran

If it goes any further south, the time would be now IMO. They better get something to sub for the Max. Losing too much revenue and now soon to be going into 2020.

• Winner Winner x 1
  3. swamt

swamt Veteran

4. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Now, you know there's not a cynical bone in my body, but...even if you call a pile of dog poop lunch, it's still a pile of dog poop.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. swamt

swamt Veteran

Yes sir. Sure is.
    Jim, we just followed AA's lead and canceled all Max flights thru Nov 2nd too. Along with stopping all Pilot training, Captain advancement trainings, and can not expand as much as we were gonna in Oct where we always add new cities and/or flights. The Max is putting a huge dent on Hawaii additional flights from being added as well. This just sucks for SWA and now it really does look more and more like 2020 and now I'm not even sure if it will be the first Q or 2nd...

Southwest removes Boeing 737 MAX from schedule until November 2, freezes pilot hiring

6. jimntx

jimntx Veteran

Well, we are reaching the point where it will happen (Maxes return to the air) or it won't. In either case, we have to assume that WN and AA management have prepared for that eventuality. We have no choice because the outcome is not in our power to alter. Philosophy 101. Class over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. B737 driver

B737 driver Veteran

Boeing tried to cheap out, and built a turd. They eliminated their competition by buying McDonnell Douglas for the military contracts, killed the MD11 and the B717. Now they are losing orders to Airbus. SWA will make a decision and it might be Boeing's loss!

• Agree Agree x 2
  8. swamt

swamt Veteran

They better have.

• Winner Winner x 1