AA to go back to "banked" hubs

Crash Pad DCA said:

2wmmjph.jpg

This chart i a prime example of the quote popularized by Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Taken as pure aithmetic (as opposed to a graphic clearly intended to deceive) the actual dollar increase over $437,364 is just shy of 1.7%.  Does that graph look like a 1.7% change to anyone?

Reactions: 3 people
This chart i a prime example of the quote popularized by Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."[/size]

Taken as pure aithmetic (as opposed to a graphic clearly intended to deceive) the actual dollar increase over $437,364 is just shy of 1.7%.  Does that graph look like a 1.7% change to anyone?[/size]
You beat me to the punch! If you look at the increase on the chart it looks huge but as a pure percentage it doesn't look so great. This is the sort of thing that gets the management the big bonus and the rank and file the bone. Just a wag but on the chart it looks like 25 to 30 percent. I guess if they were showing a 1% raise to employees they would skew the chart to make it look like a 99 % raise!

All the best,

Bob

Reactions: 1 person

nycbusdriver said:

This chart i a prime example of the quote popularized by Mark Twain: "There are three kinds of lies: lies, damned lies, and statistics."

Taken as pure aithmetic (as opposed to a graphic clearly intended to deceive) the actual dollar increase over $437,364 is just shy of 1.7%.  Does that graph look like a 1.7% change to anyone?

The only point of the graph and the paragraph was to point out that the $444,509 revenue PER EMPLOYEE in the airline industry is a record high. Airline employees are driving record revenues and record profits at airlines while they are increasingly receiving and negotiating lower and lower wages. I think the facts out there will bear out that reality..and that's no lie.

Reactions: 1 person