AAL Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
“In my opinion, American Airlines is the leader in the category of U.S. owned airlines with international travel flights, and it has a virtual monopoly. It is a well-positioned, large-cap name that several of my portfolios call for, but it is the economy of scale of the international travel that makes it very attractive. The merger has worked quite well, and will continue to do so, especially in the near future."

http://www.forbes.com/sites/kenkam/2014/06/20/can-american-airlines-double/?partner=yahootix

700UW said:
Oh no, you know who is gonna write a new manifesto, watch out for Whiskey Tango.
Another reason that I'm grinnin like ol David Lee Roth there.

This was easy to be expected money. Wish I would have bought some post BK AA stock for pennies, but nevertheless my US stock that I had & AA stock I bought on day 1 out of BK have been extremely profitable.

The best performing stock in my portfolio in 2013 was TSLA.,,, (6 figures). The performer in my portfolio this year is Netflix.

If Space X ever goes public, I'm in.

Remember the name Elon Musk. He's the Bill Gates of transportation, both terrestrial and extra-T.

snapthis said:
The best performing stock in my portfolio in 2013 was TSLA.,,, (6 figures). The performer in my portfolio this year is Netflix.

If Space X ever goes public, I'm in.

Remember the name Elon Musk. He's the Bill Gates of transportation, both terrestrial and extra-T.
Right now I'm riding the AAL wave at least till next fall.

You might want to watch those 3D printing stocks? They just made a bust of Obama to put in the Smithsonian.

WeAAsles said:
I think he meant when it was AAMRQ?
I get that, but he doesnt understand that AAMRQ was wiped out in Chapter 11 when AA exited and became worthless.

Reactions: 1 person
AMR shareholders were guaranteed to own only 3.5 percent of the merged airline and initially received just 0.067 share of AAL for each AMR share owned. Many people were confused about how their shares, which were worth $11.39 the day before the merger closed, were worth only $1.60 once the airlines combined.
But the equity distribution formula included additional shares for creditors, labor unions and old AMR shareholders at 30, 60, 90 and then 120 days after the merger, based on the current value of the stock. Since AAL shares have continued to rise, more shares were distributed. To date, AMR shareholders have received 0.54 share of AAL stock for each AMR share.
During bankruptcy, American’s old stock dropped to as low as 26 cents after the company filed for bankruptcy in November 2011. By the time the merger closed in December, the price had reached as high as $13.50.
Shares of the combined American Airlines and US Airways are up more than 50 percent since the merger closed. American’s stock closed down 37 cents Thursday at $37.34 a share.
On Wednesday, JPMorgan Chase analyst Jamie Baker estimated that the final value of old AMR shares, which last traded Dec. 6 at $11.39, could be $28.19 once the final stock distribution occurs.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04/03/5707638/amr-shares-pay-off-for-investors.html

Read more here: http://www.star-telegram.com/2014/04/03/5707638/amr-shares-pay-off-for-investors.html#storylink=cpy

700UW said:
So those that owned AAMRQ  basically lost $10 a share.
Everything depends on when they bought their shares for how much they made or lost on the final distribution date? On the final distribution date April 9 the stock opened at $36.09. Yesterdays close was $44.55.

Your real value of course only comes when you sell. But think about those that bought AMR when it was under a Dollar. Depending on how much someone bought and if they're still holding it that's one very nice return on their investment.

700UW said:
I get that, but he doesnt understand that AAMRQ was wiped out in Chapter 11 when AA exited and became worthless.
No, it was not "wiped out."   It was exchanged for new American stock.

700UW said:
So those that owned AAMRQ  basically lost $10 a share.
No, holders of AAMRQ have made a killing.   The creditors were paid, the employees got their pittance, and the rest went to the holders of old AAMRQ.

Reactions: 2 people
Status
Not open for further replies.