AAL Stock

Status
Not open for further replies.
holy Moses, E.

for someone that supposedly isn't worried about what other people do, you are absolutely fixated with my reputation score.

I don't know and could care less about graphing the numbers.

You obviously do know, have it well recorded, and have done it because you have resorted to every means possible to try to eliminate me from the conversation - one in which I point out the strategic failures and successes of airlines.

There are dozens of posts when you referred to my reputation score - you have started threads on the issue.

It not only is FACTUAL that you have been fixated with my reputation score.

Acting like you are clean now hardly undoes what you have done over a long number of years.

Your problem is that you and so many other AA fans don't want to hear many of the things I say including about AA's performance.

Take your meds and return to the discussion about AAL stock... that is the discussion and not me.

All you have done with your latest post is to highlight that I am in control because you can't participate in the discussion without talking about me.

the topic is about AAL's stock price - which so far isn't rising any faster than other airlines.

AAL has likely had its runup and is where it will be - in large part because AAL"s underlying finances are not better than other carriers and given that AA is a larger airline, the fact that any other carrier has a higher market cap says that the market doesn't proportionately value AA as high.

WT, when most are against you , don't you even wonder if it may infact be YOU? If you cant see this you are physcotic. You continually stir the pot on purpose ! Discussion is just that, however you take it to a new level. Considering how you spend your time on Sundays you would think you would promote peace! You don't , which speaks volumes to your day job!!!

Reactions: 7 people
diamondcutter said:
WT, when most are against you , don't you even wonder if it may infact be YOU? If you cant see this you are physcotic. You continually stir the pot on purpose ! Discussion is just that, however you take it to a new level. Considering how you spend your time on Sundays you would think you would promote peace! You don't , which speaks volumes to your day job!!!
It wouldn't surprise me if he's on a Monday thru Friday schedule... Down-voting by a congregation tends to be reflected at the offering plate and in attendance.

WT, you can continue to think I care about your score. My "hours of research" was a quick keyword search on "reputation" and seeing what others have said. Maybe 5 minutes of work in total. Certainly, it involved a lot less effort than what you spent trying to correct the vote-down campaign that others were apparently engaged in.

What value is there to continue talking about on the stock price? Only day traders and mutual fund managers need to worry about anything in the short term...

Reactions: 5 people

I discuss the subject and bring details.

If you and others can't keep up or don't want to, that hardly obligates me to sit on the sidelines.

The topic is AAL's stock price, not me.

as of this hour, AAL's stock is down about 5% over the past month while the other 3 of the big 4 are up from 5 to10%.

Feel free to keep tracking it but it certainly appears that the heyday of AAL's runup has ended and they are being valued in comparison to other airline stocks which means there are other carriers that have stronger fundamentals and are reporting more promising news that are pushing those stocks up higher than AA.

Reactions: 1 person

What value is there to continue talking about on the stock price? Only day traders and mutual fund managers need to worry about anything in the short term...
Agreed.

I think AAL will "find it's level" soon enough, and barring any external catastrophes should hold (more or less) steady for the long haul.

yet, a non-AA, current non airline employee started the thread and there have been 22 pages in the thread already.

The topic DOES matter to a lot of people, including AA employees who received AAL stock as part of AA's BK process and others who need to have some sense of where AAL stock is going.

AAL has a bright future but with respect to the stock price - which does not receive recommendations for prices other than right now - there are other airline stocks that have stronger recommendations by industry analysts.

I agree, Q.

Maybe in a few months, the stock price will be worth revisiting but there is nothing unique to AAL that is likely to happen that will change its valuation relative to other carriers.

Of course, any news that could affect stock price might merit a review.

right now all carriers are benefitting from fuel prices which are at 6 month lows.

Good thread, Q.

thanks for opening it.

Status
Not open for further replies.