AFA labor discussion (Work related)

With a victory of 25 votes determining the recall of JM, after the effort expended, would this be classified as a "spanking"?

I think not.. When someone brings home the money I would be happy to listen.

You would have thought that the "spanking" would have brought a better result.

Show me the money.

Those of you who were looking for a mandate may want to keep looking.

Naaaaah it's just that the club of stupid people has more than one member. ;) Taking applications? :lol:

We are going to have new people for the meat grinder but the agenda may not be that different.

The "club of stupid people" seems to be about the same size as your club.

Can closed sections be re-opened? Is all this for a moot point?

Will any sections be reopened once the company has accepted them?

Show me the money.

If you can't deliver the money then you can't deliver anything.

Look at the survey numbers here. 5 have voted YES and 39 have voted NO.

Enjoy the 25 vote victory for a guy who wasn't going to run again anyway.

Now that this is out of the way - Show Me The Money!

But maybe with a 25 vote victory you may not want the money?

You may have problems if you don't want the money.

It's your turn now. You know what they say...

Best use of my union dues I have ever spent to get rid the the council 70. Finally!

Here's the thing though...JM never should have been voted in for a 2nd term in the first place. It was the apathy of the PHL F/As who put him there by him using his ability to get a few hundred to vote for himself. Anyone remember the % of F/As who voted him in last time because I believe voter turn out was still only in the 30-40 percentile. The same small percentage of people complain and try to make changes but the majority complains on the jumpseat and then they don't even vote. Very Sad :-(

The last election in PHL had a pathetic turnout as well so let's hope it changes. Grace was recalled as VP yet is running in the upcoming election as LECP and Omar who was recalled as SEC is now running for VP. You have two members RECALLED from their office regardless of how many voted or didn't vote and are now running for office for the VERY local they were recalled from. Really? No REALLY? If they make it back in the base has nobody to blame but itself. If the membership didn't want you in your current capacity WHY would you believe the members would want you in a higher capacity? If anyone knows these two PLEASE post that question to them. Nevermind, I'm sure they are here as most others are. Good day. :rolleyes:

The last election in PHL had a pathetic turnout as well so let's hope it changes. Grace was recalled as VP yet is running in the upcoming election as LECP and Omar who was recalled as SEC is now running for VP. You have two members RECALLED from their office regardless of how many voted or didn't vote and are now running for office for the VERY local they were recalled from. Really? No REALLY? If they make it back in the base has nobody to blame but itself. If the membership didn't want you in your current capacity WHY would you believe the members would want you in a higher capacity? If anyone knows these two PLEASE post that question to them. Nevermind, I'm sure they are here as most others are. Good day. :rolleyes:
Travel, If your members even give a second thought to electing these people in again you guys have bigger troubles than could ever be fixed by a new election. Let's give your members a bit more credit than that. I believe they will do the right thing and not give consideration to these irresponsible officers. Of course, there are those members who will cast a vote for a "friend" regardless if they are qualified in a position. The problem we have today is the members elect their friends or " friends of Mike and Carol club". The members need to wake up and start looking at credentials and who is going to best represent their interests. MF with the help of that DCA short timer have managed to appoint another "friend of Mike " who has close ties with USAPA. Fortunately they shouldnt be able to do much damage in temporary roles. This does however give MF continued control of the Phl base for another month or so. That should give them enough time to shred the paper trail of the budget deficit and the abuse of their 175,000.00 budget.

As far as the recalled officers running, they should pull out of the election and not further shame this UNION. They arent Union people at all. They are all about themselves. Its like going into the refrigerator and tasting sour milk then saying lets put it back t might be better in a couple weeks.

Travel, If your members even give a second thought to electing these people in again you guys have bigger troubles than could ever be fixed by a new election. Let's give your members a bit more credit than that. I believe they will do the right thing and not give consideration to these irresponsible officers.

When you look at the fact that only 33% even voted in the recall election and it was ALMOST split evenly (though the recall did go through) when I do the math that means that 1/2 of the 33% is about 17-18% that cared enough to recall them.

I'd like to give our members more credit than to think they would vote for one of them again but who knows.....apathy is running rampant and the company is grinning away :-D

In addition, why is Grace Jones now running under a different last name??? We need to change the bylaws to read that if you are recalled you cannot run again or at least not for the next term......

Since the rousing victory over a guy who didn't put up a fight and the resulting, deafening sound of crickets, it's time to turn to who should be elected.

TG has the experience and the attitude to face down management and any others ( ala TX ) who stand in the way of a industry standard, at least, contract.

Who I'm unfamiliar with are some who are running for VP.

TG, can kick some serious a**, as I have had the pleasure of witnessing when called into the office.

RC always the best.

DS the same.

PH also.

Since OB is out who are the 2 others for VP?

Since the rousing victory over a guy who didn't put up a fight and the resulting, deafening sound of crickets, it's time to turn to who should be elected.

TG has the experience and the attitude to face down management and any others ( ala TX ) who stand in the way of a industry standard, at least, contract.

Who I'm unfamiliar with are some who are running for VP.

TG, can kick some serious a**, as I have had the pleasure of witnessing when called into the office.

RC always the best.

DS the same.

PH also.

Since OB is out who are the 2 others for VP?

Just please vote.

This is the most important post in a long time!

Regardless of anything we whine about on here if you don't vote it won't matter! 33% is an invitation for status quo. If you want change you have to be a part of it. That means to vote! Ask questions of the candidates before you vote and make an informed decision. Don't just listen to what people say on the Internet!

I think the voter turnout for the upcoming election in PHL Local 70 will be a bit higher. The reason the voter turnout was so small for the last Local 70 recall was due to confusion and f/a's feeling sick and tired of being hounded over and over and over. Flight attendants are more aware than ever of who is running and I'm quite certain the percentage of f/a's that actually take the time to vote will be higher. You still have f/a's out there that have no faith in ANYONE running or elected to office. It's a shame really but looking back at history can you blame them? They need to rise up and let their voice be heard though and FIGHT to strengthen THEIR union. VOTE EVERBODY! ! ! ! ! ! !

Just took a look at the ballot for you guys. Great line up with TG and RC. Don't know much about the VP people running. I will say, I had a issue that I wanted a union rep for. DS shows up and sat there not saying a word and didn't even take notes. After the meeting he ran around the inflight office gossiping with supervisors like it was an ice cream social. He was useless. With reps like him I will take a chance on my own. Do yourself a favor and get someone that will speak up for you.

This is the most important post in a long time!

Regardless of anything we whine about on here if you don't vote it won't matter! 33% is an invitation for status quo. If you want change you have to be a part of it. That means to vote! Ask questions of the candidates before you vote and make an informed decision. Don't just listen to what people say on the Internet!
Onetep2flt Awesome post !! This is the most sensible post I have seen on here in a while. I think you will find as we did in our rerun of the last election here in clt that most of the posts patting candidates on the back are actually the candidates themselves coming on here under a pseudo name. They think they are pulling the wool over our eyes. They really should not underestimate the level of intelligence of the flight attendants who are much more savvy today. The best source is to go right to the source as you have pointed out. Ask the candidates questions and see where they stand on the issues. Don't just vote for your friends unless they are qualified to represent you. Dont just vote for someone who is going to protect the MEC officers. The MEC officers should be standing on their own merits or pay the consequences. Great post onestep!

Latest posts

Back