AFA labor discussion (Work related)

You're right, we do deserve the best leadership and I myself would not vote for anyone that you endorse. Believe it or not, not all F/As think you were the best union leader there ever was.

.............Name a better AFA (labor) representative who worked through the bankruptcy process???
And, while we're at it, name a time when (TX) she didnt have the best interest of this labor group on or off the property???
And, that's just it. She's highlighted the constant mistakes made by AFA, reminded us to take control of our future and it's finally happening...........so I ask, name a better Unionist in the history of this company for the flight attendant group. And, I'll tell you about one who can evoke change without even working here anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's brilliant.

... name a time when (TX) she didnt have the best interest of this labor group on or off the property???
When TX has a personal axe to grind. (I hope you will spare us any claim of ignorance of what I'm referring to.)

Who is most like TX in this election. I want someone like TX.

You can run a small base where everyone knows everyone and it's cozy w/ the office. It's another thing to deal with an ever changing management in PHL.

I prefer someone who has dealt with PHL for over a decade.

Good luck to everyone.

Which candidate are you " Be careful what you wish for"? Are you one of the group who Flores sold his sole to protect his job? Or perhaps you are Flores. He does frequent this site under various names. He is used to hiding behind skirts. Sounds like someone who has an inside track with the AFA International office to know how many have voted. That should be privileged information.
You are so out of the loop it makes me look like an insider - not!

I want someone who knows PHL. Not someone who wants to maintain their position in the union.

.............Name a better AFA (labor) representative who worked through the bankruptcy process???
And, while we're at it, name a time when (TX) she didnt have the best interest of this labor group on or off the property???
And, that's just it. She's highlighted the constant mistakes made by AFA, reminded us to take control of our future and it's finally happening...........so I ask, name a better Unionist in the history of this company for the flight attendant group. And, I'll tell you about one who can evoke change without even working here anymore!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

She's brilliant.
I will agree with you that Teddy fought like a cat with its tail on fire when she was here. I admired her for that. My issue with her is that she has been gone for what ? 5 years now ? Yet she comes on here and says that Lynn and Rob are the best people for the job ? Keep in mind that she does NOT know all the candidates and even if she's aquainted with them, they may have changed their position in the last 5 years. She did not even deal with this present management yet people here act as if she's an authority on it. I will say it again, yes, I respect her for the work she did while here but I agree with whoever said she is just stirring the pot. If she was still here and knew those running that would be one thing...but she doesn't.
As far as evoking change while not working here anymore...huh??? Please tell me what THAT is supposed to mean. What has she done from the comfort of her own home since she left here ???

She did not even deal with this present management yet people here act as if she's an authority on it. I will say it again, yes, I respect her for the work she did while here but I agree with whoever said she is just stirring the pot. If she was still here and knew those running that would be one thing...but she doesn't.
As far as evoking change while not working here anymore...huh??? Please tell me what THAT is supposed to mean. What has she done from the comfort of her own home since she left here ???

While Election voting is pathetic, I still think alot of F/A's keep informed via the internet. This site is common knowledge. She has always reminded us of "ACCOUNTABILITY" for the elected members of AFA via this site. You call it stirring the pot, I call it a wake up call.
Interesting how YOU say she's "out of the loop" because she doesnt work here anymore, YET elected members can work from HOME and/or make infrequent appearances in the OFFICE! (The latter should be in BASE for availiability issues to the membership).
Her conviction has always been to the people she represented. And, from the comfort of her home she's reminded us of the weak leadership that is currently in place. She's tirelessly been telling us to CHANGE IT. And, it's finally happening.

I just hope this is not becoming a popularity contest. There are like five candidates alone for president if I understand correctly, yet the arguments here have come down two with zero discussion of any other candidates. From what I know some have or are in a union office now, and I heard was was some type of attorney. That is all I know about any of them.

Can anyone shed light to any other candidates?

Below are the 2010 e-lines from BOS president Lynne c.

Thought some of you folks who never saw or got her e-line might want to view it. She and Rob have been relentless in their fight. They kept their members abreast of what was going on on the MEC and negotiation level for their entire term:

http://www.afausairways.org/BOS/bosarchive.htm

Also, check out Michael Elias video campaign absolutely awesome and creative!

http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D2grTzaiz-f8

Just ensure you vote this time. Study the candidates and even call them. This is THE window of opportunity to really move the USAirways f/as forward. And you guys so deserve to have some major improvements.

P.S. and those who aren't in the know..."YES" I did work with this current management, went into meetings and discussions the entire year of 2005. Some from the past are still there with the same mantra, they just moved up in the company...oh yes, I know them well. B)

Below are the 2010 e-lines from BOS president Lynne c.

Thought some of you folks who never saw or got her e-line might want to view it. She and Rob have been relentless in their fight. They kept their members abreast of what was going on on the MEC and negotiation level for their entire term:

http://www.afausairways.org/BOS/bosarchive.htm

Also, check out Michael Elias video campaign absolutely awesome and creative!

http://afl.salsalabs.com/dia/track.jsp?key=-1&url_num=1&url=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v%3D2grTzaiz-f8

Just ensure you vote this time. Study the candidates and even call them. This is THE window of opportunity to really move the USAirways f/as forward. And you guys so deserve to have some major improvements.

P.S. and those who aren't in the know..."YES" I did work with this current management, went into meetings and discussions the entire year of 2005. Some from the past are still there with the same mantra, they just moved up in the company...oh yes, I know them well. B)
Thanks for endorsing Mike Elias...now that I know he is also in your camp, he just lost my vote.

Thanks for endorsing Mike Elias...now that I know he is also in your camp, he just lost my vote.

You are voting by who is saying what about whom? Why don't you contact Michael directly and speak with him, instead of 'NOT' voting for him because 'someone' endorsed him.

Think and research for yourself. You can do it.

The same goes for Terry, she had her chance. She already was in office. Let's get someone in there who is new because the above folks have already had their shot and didn't do a very good job in my opinion. next.

And who would you recommend for someone new as LECP? Looking at the list, there is no one 'new'.

My vote lies with TG. She has the compassion, and the level of caring that I see in no other candidate. She will defend a FA with everything she's got, and she's absolutely not afraid to stand up to management and defend the contract, or our future going forward. And she does it in a way that garners respect.

You are voting by who is saying what about whom? Why don't you contact Michael directly and speak with him, instead of 'NOT' voting for him because 'someone' endorsed him.

Think and research for yourself. You can do it.

Right, Itestwell.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2grTzaiz-f8&feature=share

When TX has a personal axe to grind. (I hope you will spare us any claim of ignorance of what I'm referring to.)

Who is most like TX in this election. I want someone like TX.

You can run a small base where everyone knows everyone and it's cozy w/ the office. It's another thing to deal with an ever changing management in PHL.

I prefer someone who has dealt with PHL for over a decade.

Good luck to everyone.

The bottom line is that our work group has to be involved and not just the usual complaining and whining, yet when asked to step up and run for a position.....oh no that would take up too much of my time. We have thousands of f/as who just show up at work everyday and whine and whine and whine. Then we have a group of f/as that truely care and will work effortlessly for better working conditions. Wake up people......................if you don't vote, don't support union activities and voice your opinion, then you deserve what you get. I'm tired of hearing the complaining and its become a joke! There are so many intelligent people in our work group that have great ideas and input..................stop complaining and make a difference!!!!!

LATEST FROM AFA ELECTION INFORMATION
Due to a power failure in Portland Oregon and a computer update malfunction, the BallotPoint activation code system was down from Saturday 4-23-11 1200 PDT to today 4-25-11 at approximately 0730 PDT.

These circumstances were beyond our control and therefore we have extended the voting period to accommodate those who were unable to obtain their Voting Credentials.

The polls will now close on Monday May 2, 2011 at 1500 EDT.

AFA-CWA Ballot Certification Committee

Back