AFA labor discussion (Work related)

Did Mother Jones also resign from her position under less than ideal circumstances ?

Your comment is EXACTLY why the AFA at US will accomplish NOTHING. Leaders are flawed, check out some of the things MLK did, yet without him the movement would have likely failed.

But hey, someone pure as the driven snow will come along to lead you to the promised land. NOT

Nobody comes without flaws but C'mon already and let's get serious. I'm over the AFA bs and change happens on the local. It's up to every single member in every base to let their voices be heard. Take a stand and put people in office that will create change for YOU....not change for themselves. It's down to the wire and I don't want to mud sling but Rob and Lynn didn't vote NO and went with the flow. I'm sorry but now they are without a seat and want to shout from the rooftops that they "have your back"? It's a little late as we've been in negotiations way too long already. Sorry.

and PS.....nobody sees eye to eye on every subject but I'd give my eye teeth and left arm to have the likes of Teddy back. Regardless of opinion can we honestly give her props for not taking any BS? Those in the company that dealt with her feared her or certainly needed a dose Excedrin Migraine when done. :lol:

Reactions: 1 person
Who I vote for and who I support is not any of your business now is it ? How are you such an expert on everything that goes on here since you are not here anymore ? Probably because YOUR good buddies Lynn and Rob keep you up to date on what's going on.

You have a personal ax to grind with Mike and you hope to get those two into office to do your work for you. I always respected you for the most part but it's time to move on. I have said it before and will say it again.

It is time for you to move on.

Trust me, in the next few years when I leave this place I won't be on these boards stirring up trouble that is no longer mine to stir.

BTW...Mustang Sally should be making an appearance soon, shouldn't she ????

Who? ?? Am I suppose to know who that is? Some secret poster?

What are you, 12 years old? How absolutely niave to think that 5 years later Lynne and Rob would be grinding an axe for me???? Are you like nutttsss?? You've never walked the walk. I don't get even with folks. That's not my style. And today's environment has absolutely nothing to do with political pasts. That is not my agenda, my dear. I don't have one. But, you don't know me now do you? Indeed,there are many, many f/as across the bases that have kept in touch with me. Its an awesome site to see the f/as rally togther on the same path in an attempt to change their present circumstances and hope for a better working future. And obviously, this is how they are attempting to do just that. We did the same thing back 10 years ago. And it worked, unfortunately, the airline went into BK twice.
My issue with Mike is that he couldn't wait for me to leave. He may have started with the best intentions but ended up turning into a lousy MECP. I can say that because I walked the walk. And obviously most on the property agree that he needs to go along with all of the locals and probably most of the MEC Chairs. I don't feel the need to explain to you anything. What I write is none of your business now is it???? You don't like what I write, than block me.

.....nobody sees eye to eye on every subject but I'd give my eye teeth and left arm to have the likes of Teddy back. Regardless of opinion can we honestly give her props for not taking any BS? Those in the company that dealt with her feared her or certainly needed a dose Excedrin Migraine when done. :lol:
Teddy is not coming back but who among the real candidates resembles her the most?

You have to ask yourself, who are the actual, employed candidates capable of running and who are those just shouting from the outside. If you want someone who is like TX then you know who to vote for, if you take TX's choice of candidates (because of her personal axe to grind against TG) then you will not get someone like TX. I want someone like TX. I want someone who is accustomed to dealing with the problems of a 2500 f/a base vs. someone who dealt with a 300 f/a base (no offense intended).

You can't have it both ways.

Let's quit living in the past, put down the knives and move on.

The way this sounds it is going to be another who is the least of the evils. I hope that is not true, but is sure sounds like it.

Teddy is not coming back but who among the real candidates resembles her the most?

You have to ask yourself, who are the actual, employed candidates capable of running and who are those just shouting from the outside. If you want someone who is like TX then you know who to vote for, if you take TX's choice of candidates (because of her personal axe to grind against TG) then you will not get someone like TX. I want someone like TX. I want someone who is accustomed to dealing with the problems of a 2500 f/a base vs. someone who dealt with a 300 f/a base (no offense intended).

You can't have it both ways.

Let's quit living in the past, put down the knives and move on.

Hey, I appreciate that. But here is the deal with what goes on at the MEC level, which I've sat and have seen for myself how difficult it is for the smaller bases to get any support on what they believe in. And they argued and argued and argued.
the two smallest bases.....had no leg to stand on and had to beg..CLT to stand with them. Specifically when PIT closed. Annie wouldn't support them as she was so intimidated by Mike F. and his wife, who are in her base as members. This is why Annie is no longer there.....Boswell and MCcorky never challenged anything.....They (Lynne and Rob) were the only ones that spoke up on conference calls and in meetings...please...

Here is what you have to ask these folks... have they ever attended a MEC meeting when they were in office...or how about local meetings....?Have they read their local e-lines? I have and I would get them all the time.

I know Lynne and Rob very well during my term. they were exceptional and it was so great to have them at the table, even though they were such a small base and couldn't use their rollcall votes to get their agendas out there. They were smothered by the likes of Laura and Annie, as well as Boswell. With PIT LGA AND BOS, couldn't get anything through. Not enough votes. But they were extremely vocal, thoughts were organized, stayed on point, did their homework/research and presented their argument. I so respect that. They had no weight behind them, just pure driven gusto. Bold spirits, no arrogance. While PHL, DCA band together cause they could and just would squash them only because when Mike presents, McCorky supported him along with Boswell. Well, they are out now, and there is newness in the air. And its all good.

When McCorky got in with his arrogance, he made a mockery of AFA. He learned real quick that he could take advantage and that the f/as were bifercated in all kinds of directions, so he knew he could take everyone for a ride and buddied himself with the same kind of representatives. He used the f/as, and rode it for 5 years. Sad state. He was just of that caliber. It's a shame all this time wasted and there has been no movement forward since I left for cry'in out loud.

I feel very bad for the group. But, what has been transpiring is that the f/as got organized by someone or something, and real bold and saavy, and I believe they will vote the right leadership in to take them forward. Management is watching and is probably very very concerned on how this will go down.

You guys are the greatest and really deserve the best leadership this go-around.

Hey, I appreciate that. But here is the deal with what goes on at the MEC level, which I've sat and have seen for myself how difficult it is for the smaller bases to get any support on what they believe in. And they argued and argued and argued.
the two smallest bases.....had no leg to stand on and had to beg..CLT to stand with them. Specifically when PIT closed. Annie wouldn't support them as she was so intimidated by Mike F. and his wife, who are in her base as members. This is why Annie is no longer there.....Boswell and MCcorky never challenged anything.....They (Lynne and Rob) were the only ones that spoke up on conference calls and in meetings...please...

Here is what you have to ask these folks... have they ever attended a MEC meeting when they were in office...or how about local meetings....?Have they read their local e-lines? I have and I would get them all the time.

I know Lynne and Rob very well during my term. they were exceptional and it was so great to have them at the table, even though they were such a small base and couldn't use their rollcall votes to get their agendas out there. They were smothered by the likes of Laura and Annie, as well as Boswell. With PIT LGA AND BOS, couldn't get anything through. Not enough votes. But they were extremely vocal, thoughts were organized, stayed on point, did their homework/research and presented their argument. I so respect that. They had no weight behind them, just pure driven gusto. Bold spirits, no arrogance. While PHL, DCA band together cause they could and just would squash them only because when Mike presents, McCorky supported him along with Boswell. Well, they are out now, and there is newness in the air. And its all good.

When McCorky got in with his arrogance, he made a mockery of AFA. He learned real quick that he could take advantage and that the f/as were bifercated in all kinds of directions, so he knew he could take everyone for a ride and buddied himself with the same kind of representatives. He used the f/as, and rode it for 5 years. Sad state. He was just of that caliber. It's a shame all this time wasted and there has been no movement forward since I left for cry'in out loud.

I feel very bad for the group. But, what has been transpiring is that the f/as got organized by someone or something, and real bold and saavy, and I believe they will vote the right leadership in to take them forward. Management is watching and is probably very very concerned on how this will go down.

You guys are the greatest and really deserve the best leadership this go-around.
You're right, we do deserve the best leadership and I myself would not vote for anyone that you endorse. Believe it or not, not all F/As think you were the best union leader there ever was. I agree with other posters here. If you left 5 years ago then why do you care ? You might call it your passion but you didn't choose to come back when the opportunity was there. So if you no longer work here your opinion really doesn't matter. Don't go away mad, just go away.

I believe everyone is entitled to their opinion. Being able to openly discuss your opinions that differ from others can be a healthy exercise. We are discussing your union and it's leadership. To our relief, we are allowed to discuss things without fear of anyone trying to silence us. I think asking someone to go away because they no longer work at US Airways is unfair. This is not a dictatorship that I know of. This is a public web board and all should be welcome. There is no rule here that states current US employees only.

I think it rather refreshing to see a former union leader share their insider views of what may or may not be taking place. You are right that she may not be liked by all. That is life. I don't think it is suppose to be a popularity contest though. What is very clear is that since she left it has been politics as usual and not much has changed. Still the same old people with the same old agenda. That is why I disagree with PITBULL on her recommendations for union leadership. I don't dismiss her argument that they did not have the votes due to base size, but there are other questions that need answers from these candidates. But this is only my opinion. Just because I disagree on this one thing does not mean I have to dismiss everything else she says and that she should go away. Nobody will agree with someone else 100% of the time.

It is coming down to the wire for your vote. You will hear all sorts of things from all sorts of people. The only people you should worry about is the people that are running. Don't just listen to what they tell you. What is their reaction when they are asked questions.

Now, go take the time to vote! Make it a majority vote. Don't let 33% of eligible voters speak for you.

You're right, we do deserve the best leadership and I myself would not vote for anyone that you endorse. Believe it or not, not all F/As think you were the best union leader there ever was. I agree with other posters here. If you left 5 years ago then why do you care ? You might call it your passion but you didn't choose to come back when the opportunity was there. So if you no longer work here your opinion really doesn't matter. Don't go away mad, just go away.

Must be tough losing your position. B)

While it is most important for members to educate themselves on candidates it's even more imperative that they VOTE! ! ! A low voter turnout shows signs of a weak union. How do you think that looks to the company? While on one hand I hope members vote for the right person for the job just VOTE! As for Pitbull posting here, she has every right to post here as we all do. Whether she decided to return to this mess is her business. I can tell you.....I WOULDN'T! ! I will always value her opinion and knowledge. Hell, half the candidates running won't every know half of what Teddy forgot. :lol:

While it is most important for members to educate themselves on candidates it's even more imperative that they VOTE! ! ! A low voter turnout shows signs of a weak union. How do you think that looks to the company? While on one hand I hope members vote for the right person for the job just VOTE! As for Pitbull posting here, she has every right to post here as we all do. Whether she decided to return to this mess is her business. I can tell you.....I WOULDN'T! ! I will always value her opinion and knowledge. Hell, half the candidates running won't every know half of what Teddy forgot. :lol:

Not shooting you in the foot travel. However what you said was already taken care of. You already have a weak union. Voting percentages have been bad for quite a few years. That is why you have seen the rise to power the likes of Mr. Flores and Miss Austin. Nobody feels like they are been listened to. This is all the better it gets. They have given up because their union leaders have left them behind. No one was listening, and no one cared.

That is why you need to vote. Change will come slowly but it will come! Voting will show the company that you have woken up and you will not continue on their path to the bottom with them. Voting in numbers also will let the candidates know you will be watching and will be involved for now on. They better guide you down the right path or there will be yet another uprising against them.

Go vote.

That is why you need to vote. Change will come slowly but it will come! Voting will show the company that you have woken up and you will not continue on their path to the bottom with them. Voting in numbers also will let the candidates know you will be watching and will be involved for now on. They better guide you down the right path or there will be yet another uprising against them.
Go vote.

I didn't take it that way at all. We still have room for improvement but what we have seen recently is a clear sign of fed up flight attendants that have had enough. Let's see:

1. Cathy Cambell winning in CLT due to DOL issues. She won fair and square (unprecedented and almost unheard of)
2. Alin Boswell losing his seat previously won uncontested for YEARS.
3. The recall of the local 70 officers. Regardless of low turnout the voice was heard.

We have a real opportunity here people. Do the right thing and vote. If you have friends on here that don't vote, please tell them to do so.

Latest posts