AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.

Richard

Veteran
Dec 15, 2005
As indicated, we are trying to split things up--do NOT duplicate posts and let's see how it goes.

Agree or disagree --- those west F/A's can put out some nice looking communication pieces ....

Is anyone going to go to the union meeting in PHL on Oct 21st? Hector Adler is going to be there and supposedly he realizes that being anti employee is not working. I know alot of people have had enough of union meetings and/or don't even bother to go anymore but maybe this guy will be different. Complaining on the jumpseat or on this board won't get us anywhere so maybe have a show fo support at this meeting could help. Spread the word!! :up:

Even if I have to get rid of Barcelona I will be there. As far as putting together great screens Oh well I think Lisa did not take the High Road I am sure she was listening to her inner demons I have been there and I know how it works. So lets show Hector how involved we can be!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

So who bid on the Military Charters.............................USAirways is a full time job if its not sap,bidding rebidding the whole process is exhausting.................

So who bid on the Military Charters.............................USAirways is a full time job if its not sap,bidding rebidding the whole process is exhausting.................
oh my flipping gawd. i bid for the munich/kuwait charter this morning and it went junior to me. i've spent the whole morning sorting it out with the union, scheduling supervisors, claims, director of charters and my own supervisor. i'm exhausted. the union is poring over the contract language right now. for some reason, the computer does not show me as international-qualified, EXCUSE ME? I flew international in PHL as well as 3 months straight of CRAF! I'm not freaking qualified? HELLO!!!!!! ooooohhh....and talking to claims in PHX was a real treat. Kuwait? wheredat?

For a dumbie on East stuff, does that mean that you got what you wanted or that you didn't want it and you ended up with unwanted charter flights?

For a dumbie on East stuff, does that mean that you got what you wanted or that you didn't want it and you ended up with unwanted charter flights?
Hi Hp!

I bid the charter because I want to fly it. Military charters are the best flying we have IMO because you usually only work one flight and deadhead or ferry the rest. Sometimes, you get to fly to places that we would otherwise NEVER see, i.e., Ghana out of PIT and the Middle East out of PHL.

Plus, in case you didn't know, picking up a system charter allows you to drop one or all of your monthly trips, even if you are in the middle of a trip, you can split off for a charter. System charters go very senior during holiday months as you can imagine.

Hi Hp!

I bid the charter because I want to fly it. Military charters are the best flying we have IMO because you usually only work one flight and deadhead or ferry the rest. Sometimes, you get to fly to places that we would otherwise NEVER see, i.e., Ghana out of PIT and the Middle East out of PHL.

Plus, in case you didn't know, picking up a system charter allows you to drop one or all of your monthly trips, even if you are in the middle of a trip, you can split off for a charter. System charters go very senior during holiday months as you can imagine.

Wow, I'd love to fly some interesting, unusual Int flying. I'm an AA Mimai International F/a, but the ones that fly charter's and CRAF are the same ones that flew Viatnam-MAC, the Gulf and current CRAF, I think they also flew in the Korean War , but not sure. This type of flying is flown out of all our international bases, JFK,BOS,RDU, MIA, DFW, ORD, SFO, LAX and DC, so it's all split up and goes supper senior, and if you fly it from a military base to Europe it is profferd out to a make-up flyer or Reserve, then the Charter beyond is the special senior group.

Have fun

Wow, I'd love to fly some interesting, unusual Int flying. I'm an AA Mimai International F/a, but the ones that fly charter's and CRAF are the same ones that flew Viatnam-MAC, the Gulf and current CRAF, I think they also flew in the Korean War , but not sure. This type of flying is flown out of all our international bases, JFK,BOS,RDU, MIA, DFW, ORD, SFO, LAX and DC, so it's all split up and goes supper senior, and if you fly it from a military base to Europe it is profferd out to a make-up flyer or Reserve, then the Charter beyond is the special senior group.

Have fun
I flew CRAF for the Gulf War and some of the F/As were talking about, 'back when they flew Viet-Nam' charters. hehe...Well, hopefully, the union will straighten this mess out for me. I've met crews in Europe who were doing military charters to Korea and other places in Asia. That would be really fun! I'm excited that they're back! :up:

Those MUC charters were thrown out at THE LAST second like a hot potato. They are suppose to go on Side Letter L19 but were treated as a regular System Bid Charter. Hello USAIRWAYS please read the contact:

"WHEREAS the Company and the Union desire to provide for rates of pay, rules and
working conditions for flight attendants involved in Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) Operations and related military charters, and...."

They are now saying those flying this are not entitled to the extra $10.00 per hour. They simply fly in the face of stupidity. Oh well, the one on the 9th went jr but the one on the 10th is going to be 30 plus years.

HELLO no one home in scheduling! How many of us have nawed at our own tail? I understand the Phl Saftey Chair will be on one of the trips. Let me tell you ms pwh, do not harass the soldiers like you do the passengers and crew with how to unfold a inflight wheelchair................you are quite the pest. On these flights the military runs the show. Fussing over $10.00? OMG the goverment pays this bill not USAirways. Disgusting

Those MUC charters were thrown out at THE LAST second like a hot potato. They are suppose to go on Side Letter L19 but were treated as a regular System Bid Charter. Hello USAIRWAYS please read the contact:

"WHEREAS the Company and the Union desire to provide for rates of pay, rules and
working conditions for flight attendants involved in Civil Reserve Air Fleet (CRAF) Operations and related military charters, and...."

They are now saying those flying this are not entitled to the extra $10.00 per hour. They simply fly in the face of stupidity. Oh well, the one on the 9th went jr but the one on the 10th is going to be 30 plus years.
I was told that these charters are considered non-CRAF because they were not mandated by the government. Oh Really? :blink:

Really? :lol: :rolleyes: How interesting. Who do they think called USAirways and requested the charter? Mork from Mork and Mindy? Good grief this place is hysterical! They make everything so difficult and then blame it on our "rules". Hit em hard. Knock there lights OUT! We will make T-shirts. " I fought USAirways stupidity and won" They will be a hit! Na-Nu Na-Nu"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back