AFA Labor Relations Thread 10/6---

Status
Not open for further replies.
They are not CRAF flights, they are military charters.

CRAF flights is when the Government takes the plane for an extended period of time with our crews and mechanics with it.

Three stages of incremental activation allow for tailoring an airlift force suitable for the contingency at hand. Stage I is for minor regional crises, Stage II would be used for major theater war and Stage III for periods of national mobilization.

The commander, U.S. Transportation Command, with approval of the secretary of defense, is the activation authority for all three stages of Civil Reserve Air Fleet. During a crisis, if AMC has a need for additional aircraft, it would request the commander of USTRANSCOM to take steps to activate the appropriate Civil Reserve Air Fleet stage.

Each stage of the Civil Reserve Air Fleet activation is only used to the extent necessary to provide the amount of civil augmentation airlift needed by Department of Defense. When notified of call-up, the carrier response time to have its aircraft ready for a Civil Reserve Air Fleet mission is 24 to 48 hours after the mission is assigned by AMC. The air carriers continue to operate and maintain the aircraft with their resources; however, AMC controls the aircraft missions.

CRAF has been activated once as part of Operation Desert Shield and once as part of Operation Iraqi Freedom.

I do not hate to say this but when has USAirways stepped up to plate................Are we all so senile not to understand that ypu HAVE to give to get,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,NO ONE GOES UN-NOTICE'D

They are not CRAF flights, they are military charters.

CRAF flights is when the Government takes the plane for an extended period of time with our crews and mechanics with it.

700 did you read our Side Letter? Read the post and then comment again. " and related military charters"

Sorry didnt see that part, and what plane type are they using?

I remember when we equipped 647 a 767 as a hospital ship.

Not to change the subject but this just came out on AFA66 ... Good to hear the West one this arbitration. However, why wasn't this filed on behalf of ALL FAs systemwide? I didn't know they had a grievance on this, again Kudos!

Brinks Grievance Settlement

On September 26, 2008 a contractual grievance was filed on behalf of all USAirways West Flight Attendants with regards to the Brinks safe. Specifically, the Company’s refusal to compensate flight attendants for the additional time required to deposit money, due to the machines being unreliable. On June 11, 2009 at a Settlement Conference with USAirways Labor Management, the grievance was presented and Management offered a settlement. This settlement was accepted with specific conditions. Of these are:

v management issuing instructions for submitting future pay exception forms with regards to time spent past trip release on Brinks deposits.

v management offering viable alternatives for depositing when the Brinks machines are inoperable

v management assurance that no discipline would be given to flight attendants who make their deposits at the beginning of their next trip, or by dropping it in the Brinks slot, as long as they follow the company directed notification process.

Should a flight attendant work past their release time to deposit funds into the Brinks machine they will be given the time of the extension of their duty day, with the submission of a pay exception form including attachments. The attachments will include:

1) a copy of the flight attendants pairing

2) a copy of the Brinks deposit receipt , verifying the additional time needed to complete the deposit

Those flight attendants who submitted pay exception forms for this grievance will be receiving their additional pay shortly, if not already.

The agreement was officially signed, after review by our AFA Staff Attorney, on September 16, 2009.

It's no secret I can't stand the three amigos in our MEC. What I want to know is why did it take an AFA attorney 3 months to review a simple settlement and then another month for the union to notify us after the lawyer signed it? Hmmmm. Great communitcation. Nice long hotlines comin out now. Worred about the recall now???? Losers.

Nice link to the hearing board appeal. Just another example of how fcuked up those three are. International drops the ball so all you NRA union members, it's okay for you to bring your sidearm to office. Can I get a hip-hip-hooray? Maybe I should be glad I'm furloughed. :rolleyes:

It's no secret I can't stand the three amigos in our MEC. What I want to know is why did it take an AFA attorney 3 months to review a simple settlement and then another month for the union to notify us after the lawyer signed it? Hmmmm. Great communitcation. Nice long hotlines comin out now. Worred about the recall now???? Losers.

Nice link to the hearing board appeal. Just another example of how fcuked up those three are. International drops the ball so all you NRA union members, it's okay for you to bring your sidearm to office. Can I get a hip-hip-hooray? Maybe I should be glad I'm furloughed. :rolleyes:

I dunno, the East is paid 15 minutes after arrival and then we are not required to make the deposit until the next time we come to the airport. For commuters this is very valuable because they have flights to catch and a mandatory deposit upon arrival would have the potential to complicate their commute. As for me, when the trip is over and I arrive at the end of C, I really am not interested in walking to the end of B to make a deposit and I don't because it would be beyond 15 minutes. Anyway just another reason I love the cashless idea.

I dunno, the East is paid 15 minutes after arrival and then we are not required to make the deposit until the next time we come to the airport. For commuters this is very valuable because they have flights to catch and a mandatory deposit upon arrival would have the potential to complicate their commute. As for me, when the trip is over and I arrive at the end of C, I really am not interested in walking to the end of B to make a deposit and I don't because it would be beyond 15 minutes. Anyway just another reason I love the cashless idea.
Also being a multi council airline we have Brinks safe's in more then one city. If you commute to PHL from CLT you can drop your liquior money in the safe in CLT when you arrive home. We also have the ability to drop off during the course of your trip in any safe if you choose not to carry all that cash. I believe they have also put a safe in PIT, for the 100's of commuters but I also think Republic uses it and they have a crew base there. Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this managment tried to strong arm the East into the concept of you WILL now be required to deposit at the end of each trip, etc etc....they have realized we stand firm on our contract and past practice, so they backed off of that pretty quickly.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong but I believe this managment tried to strong arm the East into the concept of you WILL now be required to deposit at the end of each trip, etc etc....they have realized we stand firm on our contract and past practice, so they backed off of that pretty quickly.

You are right. Mike Flo put out an e-line some months back regarding this situation with management. The union's positions is if you want us to drop the money right after the trip, you can pay us for the time spent doing it. Don't forget the 15 minutes after we crack that door is, of course, without block pay.
Going cashless in January will stop all this madness.

:shock: Great sandstorms Batman! CRAF has been activated. To the Bat Poles! No worries my fine Robin, Batwoman's grandmother will be handling it. She always loved her Go Go Boots and Troops. I hope no one alerted Charter Connie. :lol:
View attachment 8576

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back