Aircraft maint issues

I want to make it perfectly clear that I support my union brothers and sisters. I am willing to carry a sign or whatever is needed to make the company aware of my displeasure of current negotiations. All I was saying is I don't feel I should give away my current holidays or vacation to bring the TWU side up. The company should have given my TWU brothers and sisters the same holidays and vacation time at the merger. TWU is working under a bankruptcy contract. I as a IAM member went through bankruptcies also. We gave retro pay give backs! First time in aviation history. Please understand that I want a fair contract for both sides. I'm just saying I rather keep what I have currently and be patient for a leading industry contract.

I want to make it perfectly clear that I support my union brothers and sisters. I am willing to carry a sign or whatever is needed to make the company aware of my displeasure of current negotiations. All I was saying is I don't feel I should give away my current holidays or vacation to bring the TWU side up. The company should have given my TWU brothers and sisters the same holidays and vacation time at the merger. TWU is working under a bankruptcy contract. I as a IAM member went through bankruptcies also. We gave retro pay give backs! First time in aviation history. Please understand that I want a fair contract for both sides. I'm just saying I rather keep what I have currently and be patient for a leading industry contract.
I don't expect you too. Unfortunately the company always looks for concessions and the Association is in a tough spot. We want equality in pay, vacation, OT rates and so on and a ILC, but I feel the association is not capable of doing so. It's a delicate balance that needs to be played without alienating either side. If the company really wants to give us a fair JCBA then both sides should agree on balancing the table and start from there. That way both sides will be as one. Unfortunately that won't happen. This is why I believe we are in this for the long haul. The more this drags on the more people will realize the Association is a disaster for the membership.

I don't expect you too. Unfortunately the company always looks for concessions and the Association is in a tough spot. We want equality in pay, vacation, OT rates and so on and a ILC, but I feel the association is not capable of doing so. It's a delicate balance that needs to be played without alienating either side. If the company really wants to give us a fair JCBA then both sides should agree on balancing the table and start from there. That way both sides will be as one. Unfortunately that won't happen. This is why I believe we are in this for the long haul. The more this drags on the more people will realize the Association is a disaster for the membership.
I agree but how do we get out of it?

I agree we are stuck with this ASS because there are not enough leaders with the will are the want. Most of us are in our 50's. There are a few that are willing to lead but the majority of this membership does not have the will. So we will just compromise and try to ride out the last 3,5,10 years that the majority has. ( The company knows this)
hey weasel I am not bobby gless.

Unless something crazy happens in negotiations, I see this going full term to the amendable dates of both unions. IAM will not give up what they have for the TWU. We want what the IAM has. So in the meantime it's status quo. This is true by looking at the pace of the negotiations. Neither side appears to be serious enough to get a JCBA. If they were both sides would be at it every week 4 to 5 days a week. What's going to happen if we go into the amendable periods? The company will start offering proposals that will take away from the IAM and give to the TWU. The TWU has the greater numbers and by then our guys will be so desperate that any money plus VC increase and holiday increases will be voted in ignoring scope.
This will further divide us. Creating tension at the work place. Add the integration of workers after a JCBA and you have disaster. Why? Both sides will argue forever on why AA did this and USAIR did this and the TWU is better than the IAM and vice versa. If a mediator gets in the picture then your looking at 2019 or later still trying to get a JCBA. Let's not even go as far as a Arbitrator. The plan is typical union negotiations. Drag it out as long ad possible until the members are dragged out, beat down, stressed out and fed up. Then we will be so desperate to sign anything that gives us more money or a buy out. The company has the advantage. We have contracts in place and they are testing us, our negotiators and our actions in response to how we react to future proposals. Soon enough we will forget about the Delta plus 7 and getting a ILC. Enjoy the ride. Keep your seat belt fastened. You never know when we will encounter more turbulence.

Reactions: swamt
Unless something crazy happens in negotiations, I see this going full term to the amendable dates of both unions. IAM will not give up what they have for the TWU. We want what the IAM has. So in the meantime it's status quo. This is true by looking at the pace of the negotiations. Neither side appears to be serious enough to get a JCBA. If they were both sides would be at it every week 4 to 5 days a week. What's going to happen if we go into the amendable periods? The company will start offering proposals that will take away from the IAM and give to the TWU. The TWU has the greater numbers and by then our guys will be so desperate that any money plus VC increase and holiday increases will be voted in ignoring scope.
This will further divide us. Creating tension at the work place. Add the integration of workers after a JCBA and you have disaster. Why? Both sides will argue forever on why AA did this and USAIR did this and the TWU is better than the IAM and vice versa. If a mediator gets in the picture then your looking at 2019 or later still trying to get a JCBA. Let's not even go as far as a Arbitrator. The plan is typical union negotiations. Drag it out as long ad possible until the members are dragged out, beat down, stressed out and fed up. Then we will be so desperate to sign anything that gives us more money or a buy out. The company has the advantage. We have contracts in place and they are testing us, our negotiators and our actions in response to how we react to future proposals. Soon enough we will forget about the Delta plus 7 and getting a ILC. Enjoy the ride. Keep your seat belt fastened. You never know when we will encounter more turbulence.

Well stated 1AA. I hope you're wrong but I believe you are probably right. All we can do is double down on IAW, no matter how much of a pain in the butt it is. Unfortunately we still have and will always have the bootlickers that will sign off anything and or cut corners to gain favor with supervisors and crew chiefs.

Unions are businesses that need to make money first. The association knows after a JCBA is signed there will be layoffs. That's less dues coming in. So the unions deep down are trying to keep the money flowing as long as possible until they get hit in the pocket. You want proof? The pace of the negotiations is one. They know they have until 2018 and after that is a gift. They don't want to spend their money. More proof? They held 4% of each members equity for administrative purposes. Not the money in the union accounts but our money to fight the lawsuits. Double dipping for the sole purpose of greediness. We had our shot at representational change but the membership is weak and acts like a herd of sheep. Now comes the slaughter house.

I know the TWU members made sacrifices. I could not agree more with 1AA, the unions and the company has pushed us into a corner where they will control our future and money. I for one think that the union is waiting to see how much money the company will put into the international banks. I was hoping that the IAM would have been pushed out after our current contract.

Reactions: 1AA

I do not disagree with Matt, the ASS was not of his making or choice! He should not be worried about losing anything with AA's performance the last 3 years. But understand this Matt, if the company chooses to go in a single retirement path do not expect tears from your TWU brothers if you lose your IAMPF vesting. We are both in positions of total suckery! For this I blame Jimmy Little and his IAM counterpart for creating this cluster f---, but the NC is also to blame for not informing us of the specifics of the agreements up to this point and the companies proposal. If the proposal was as bad as we were told, we could then aim our bitching at the company were it belongs and not at each other.

Reactions: 1AA
The IAM guys have what seems to be the standard contract for airline mechs. Why is there even talk of the LUS guys giving anything up for LAA guys. We shouldn't be arguing amongst the association. It was AA that offered not even a third best contract let alone an ILC contract.

I understand there needs to be negotiations but why insult the mechanics and just GIVE the FAs a 6% pay raise because UAL is taking too long to negotiate a contract.

More details to come but FAA is here at LAX and they are grounding USairs planes left and right hahahaha and micheal Jackson said Usair mechanics have more integrity then AA mechs, lol kiss my Ass

More details to come but FAA is here at LAX and they are grounding USairs planes left and right hahahaha and micheal Jackson said Usair mechanics have more integrity then AA mechs, lol kiss my Ass
Glad to hear. Someone mentioned that Jackson is wrobles boy. Spelling?
I heard from management that Cade is now in charge and Wroble is on Seymours crap list.

Latest posts