Aircraft maint issues

I’m with the LUS side of the maintenance. I think that our contract is better than the TWU side. I want to keep my medical and pension. If the company would give me a 401k match at 5% and my pension that would be ok with me. I do agree that the association was forced upon us and was not happy about that. The sad part is in some of today’s unions they are more interested in dues then what the people want and deserve. I knew that there would be problems having two unions. The company is sitting back laughing because we fight amongst our selves. I heard in Tulsa they are trying to vote the association out. I feel that it is not good timing to do this. It will just show the company how disorganized we really are. I have not been happy with the IAM for quite sometime. They tell us not to work road trips or overtime. I for one disagree with this. If all union members did that it would be alright but some don’t. I also think there is a long road ahead of us getting a contract!

Matt, I respectfully disagree. They are telling you guys that it would not be good timing so not to be removed. The time NOW is the best. Then the co. will see just how bad the mechanics want change. The co. in no way shape or form want the mechanics to leave this asso. as the asso. is still made up of the same twu they have delt with for over 70 years and always agreeing to everything the co. wants.
If you guys keep this asso. it will be a long, long time to getting a JCBA. If you replace the asso at this time it may take the same time frame but at least the mechanics will be represented with their new union.
The related FB site for removal of the asso. was started 3 wekks ago and already has over 1200 members signed up. Go for it guys, march on and remove this totally disfuctional asso. that was enforced upon the members.

Reactions: Timid Weak Union
I was correct when I mentioned that the original AMP constitution included stock clerks for some reason, I never got on board because of that. It was was a huge issue so they amended the AMP constitution to remove stock clerks.
I was told I was wrong because the stock clerks could not leagally he added and not the rest of the work group that they were placed in by the NMB. That Is probably correct , I’am just saying they WERE included, right or wrong that was the case. So call it corrected or amended, stores are not on the AMP constitution anymore. That was a big factor I believe why AMP never became relevant in the past.

That good move to get stock clerks out. And I believe the NMB does not recognize stock clerks as "related" to mechanics. I believe, as in our case, that cleaners or appearance techs are related, but we got them on their very own contract. The best move we have made. IF you guys have to represent any other groups as "related" to the mechanics as the NMB will recognize, you need to get them their own contract and not in the same one with you guys. SWA fought us tooth and nail on getting them their own contract but they had no choice in the matter.
With the clerks out, you guys will get a lot more sigs this time around. Good luck, it really looks like it is moving very strong this time, keep it up fellas...

The ones that I spoke too that disagree on a card drive for the most are the ones lookin for a early out package. They don't want any delays in negotiations. These guys will sign the worse T/A as long as it has a early out package included. I still am curious if the IAM guys are as motivated to dump the association by signing a card. Some will say to get a JCBA first then do a drive. The biggest challenge now since Tulsa is committed to this effort is the Title II members. We are in the preliminary phase of the drive. Hopefully communication will not be a problem reaching out to our fellow IAM members. As far as reaching our goal by Labor day? That would be great but based on past drives I have my doubts. I'm hoping for the best. Maybe this time around will be the winner.

The ones that I spoke too that disagree on a card drive for the most are the ones lookin for a early out package. They don't want any delays in negotiations. These guys will sign the worse T/A as long as it has a early out package included. I still am curious if the IAM guys are as motivated to dump the association by signing a card. Some will say to get a JCBA first then do a drive. The biggest challenge now since Tulsa is committed to this effort is the Title II members. We are in the preliminary phase of the drive. Hopefully communication will not be a problem reaching out to our fellow IAM members. As far as reaching our goal by Labor day? That would be great but based on past drives I have my doubts. I'm hoping for the best. Maybe this time around will be the winner.

I'm wondering if the TWU has an updated list for the deceased members, retirees, and those who moved in management so that they can be counted as well.

I'm wondering if the TWU has an updated list for the deceased members, retirees, and those who moved in management so that they can be counted as well.
Metal how would a cleaner who you may pass on the jetway be considered in your union while a person handing you aircraft parts directly isnt

Metal how would a cleaner who you may pass on the jetway be considered in your union while a person handing you aircraft parts directly isnt
Aircraft exterior cleaners AKA polishers. They blended in with the ramp. Most are gone. Some still around I guess. They have a different title group number but are now part of fleet. So technically they are in the M&E unless someone officially reassigns them to the fleet group.

Aircraft exterior cleaners AKA polishers. They blended in with the ramp. Most are gone. Some still around I guess. They have a different title group number but are now part of fleet. So technically they are in the M&E unless someone officially reassigns them to the fleet group.
Got it thanks

Are you mistaken cabin cleaners for aircraft cleaners?
The aircraft cleaners in Title I actually polished the aircraft when AA aircraft were unpainted. They also washed the aircraft before a check. Parts and components as well.
But to answer your question, to be perfectly honest, I never understood the inclusion.

I posted this before 1AA answered you...Sorry.

Reactions: 1AA
The aircraft cleaners in Title I actually polished the aircraft when AA aircraft were unpainted. They also washed the aircraft before a check. Parts and components as well.
But to answer your question, to be perfectly honest, I never understood the inclusion.

Yes cabin cleaners never had aircraft cleaners at LGA.Thanks metal

I had been informed that the Cabin Service interior position had been assigned to the Maintenance Class and Craft per the NMB?

Perhaps whoever informed me years ago was incorrect? (Irregardless of the fact we no longer perform the work and I’m sure you guys wouldn’t want it anyway)

Buck if you guys are successful, and based on your polls, you guys probably will be, IYO how long do you think it would take to secure a new contract, 2 to 3 years?
The items that come across my mind at this moment are bringing the OSM and AMTO equal to the mechanics. Since we are breaching a completely different arena your question is premature but, My Opinion is Two Years...

Reactions: B737 driver
I had been informed that the Cabin Service interior position had been assigned to the Maintenance Class and Craft per the NMB?

Perhaps whoever informed me years ago was incorrect? (Irregardless of the fact we no longer perform the work and I’m sure you guys wouldn’t want it anyway)
We have been without Cabin Service at least at Tulsa for some time and the Mechanics that work the cabin picked up servicing at least before the aircraft went into revenue service.

Latest posts