Aircraft maint issues

We have been without Cabin Service at least at Tulsa for some time and the Mechanics that work the cabin picked up servicing at least before the aircraft went into revenue service.
Help someone out that worked at a base and not a line station. What exactly is cabin service? Is that overnight cleaning?

Maybe one day you will get it through your head that FedEx and UPS are not airlines. They have a different business model, target a different customer base, and yes, have different pay structures.

You don't make what Fedex and UPS mechanics make for the same reason regional and military mechanics don't make what you make. You have different employers with different cost models who fulfill different niches.

You are beating a dead horse with this FedEx/UPS nonsense. Let it go.
a airplane is a airplane get that thru your thick head.

Coney forget about UPS and FEDEX would you accept the Southwest payscale if it meant their scope and work rules or even Delta's? Bet they have a lot less Mechanics per aircraft then we do and I'll admit less fleet too.Whats good for the goose... Probably shouldn't mention geese being LUS and all...and good luck with the card drive, sincerely

Coney forget about UPS and FEDEX would you accept the Southwest payscale if it meant their scope and work rules or even Delta's? Bet they have a lot less Mechanics per aircraft then we do and I'll admit less fleet too.Whats good for the goose... Probably shouldn't mention geese being LUS and all...and good luck with the card drive, sincerely
If fleet had higher paying at other airline are cargo outfit you would want there pay just like mechanics do. I’m sick of hearing fleet talking about our numbers. That was aa business plan on how many they hire. AA has a pretty big size fleet service so just remover that

If fleet had higher paying at other airline are cargo outfit you would want there pay just like mechanics do. I’m sick of hearing fleet talking about our numbers. That was aa business plan on how many they hire. AA has a pretty big size fleet service so just remover that
I just asked you a simple question ,you do realize this is a competitive industry. Do you want AA give you a blank check?

Youre numbers mean everything if store A nd store B were in the same business with the same revenue and store A had a 100 more employees than store B,Wouldnt store A be at a competitive disadvantage?

If that were so general aviation mechanics and regional aircraft mechanics would make what you make.

They don't.

You're living in a fantasy land because you don't want to hear the truth.

Again, feel free to stop beating a dead horse with this UPS/FedEx nonsense.

If that were so general aviation mechanics and regional aircraft mechanics would make what you make.

They don't.

You're living in a fantasy land because you don't want to hear the truth.

Again, feel free to stop beating a dead horse with this UPS/FedEx nonsense.
You only get what the labor market pays by whoever your competitors are. When you have a union, if times are good, you might make 3% more than what your peers make.

Youre numbers mean everything if store A nd store B were in the same business with the same revenue and store A had a 100 more employees than store B,Wouldnt store A be at a competitive disadvantage?
You're wasting your time trying to reason with conehead777. This is a person that can justify his wants in his own mind regardless of the reality of the situation.

Reality is dismissed in favor of the want.

You only get what the labor market pays by whoever your competitors are. When you have a union, if times are good, you might make 3% more than what your peers make.
Don't tell me, tell conehead777. :)

He will try to justify how AA (a passenger airline) is a direct competitor to UPS/FedEx (a cargo airline). Watch and see.

"I want this because the other kids have it so I should have it to".

That is the kind of reasoning I expect out of a child not a grown man.

Last edited:
Don't tell me, tell conehead777. :)

He will try to justify how AA (a passenger airline) is a direct competitor to UPS/FedEx (a cargo airline). Watch and see.

"I want this because the other kids have it so I should have it to".

That is the kind of reasoning I expect out of a child not a grown man.
I was agreeing with you, we have the same mentality over with some at SWA. The average mechanic is going to receive a $35,000 signing bonus, some alot more depending on how much overtime they worked. Some well over $60,000. Plus their raises and no loss in scope language. Yet people complain.

Last edited:
Most airlines would outsource a lot more of their maintenance if the facilities existed.

Last edited:
Most airlines would outsource a lot more of their maintenance if the facilities existed.
Trump could win the Airline employees if you said maintenance had to be performed in the United States, with a small percentage contracted out say 30%. But most people nowdays only want to do a job, that requires a computer, and do not want to get dirty. So much for having the facilities in the first place.

Trump could win the Airline employees if you said maintenance had to be performed in the United States, with a small percentage contracted out say 30%. But most people nowdays only want to do a job, that requires a computer, and do not want to get dirty. So much for having the facilities in the first place.
I think more Americans would actually roll up their sleeves and jump right in. Problem is that you don't have weekends off, you work holidays, you work 2nd or 3rd shift and you are subjected to adverse weather. Even with decent pay and benefits ones family life is more important. If the pay and lack of benefits don't equal or exceed the demand of the abnormal work schedule you end up with a labor shortage. I just hope this industry (in the USA) doesn't end up hiring people that have no mechanical skills, unable to speak or read english and barely have a high school education from which ever country they grew up in.