Aircraft maint issues

Read the boards.

It’s in the negotiations thread days ago.

Yes the are meeting today in SFO, and have been since yesterday, and the NMB is funded for several months, so the next three sessions are still on.

Read the boards.

It’s in the negotiations thread days ago.

Yes the are meeting today in SFO, and have been since yesterday, and the NMB is funded for several months, so the next three sessions are still on.
Well good. Look forward to an update from these current nego's.

Reactions: Buck
Well good. Look forward to an update from these current nego's.

We have this week, the last week of this month, 2 weeks in February and I believe 1 week so far scheduled in March.

I believe the Mediators are paid up till March so it’s up in the air if that session will happen if the Government is still closed?

We have this week, the last week of this month, 2 weeks in February and I believe 1 week so far scheduled in March.

I believe the Mediators are paid up till March so it’s up in the air if that session will happen if the Government is still closed?
Yes our dates are Jan. 24-25, Feb. 7-8, and Mar 15-17.
Anything after Mar as you indicate will be up in the air. But hopefully it won't have to get that far with us. Not sure what will happen but expecting a counter on last pass by union.

150 IAM Line Maintenance mechanic positions posted for bid. Have not seen numbers like that in years. What's up? Reference pal1976.com click on Bid's and Awards.

Anyone else disturbed by our new DOM comments? Openly admitting falsifying maintenance records. That is not a good look and certainly unacceptable. The union should call for her removal imho.

https://www.eturbonews.com/240739/h...Fm1nNPG1Q_DMCbWoe1EbWDpR1YdIIG-TIGa_4vn5u4ZPQ

The article makes it sound like she was put in that position primarily because she is Latin and a woman. Sadly , the most qualified don't always get the promotion. It's all about being PC and appealing to the masses.Anyone that suggests you sign for maintenance you did not perform to "strike a balance", is not qualified to lead any maint. program anywhere.

Last edited:
Wow, lots of LAA AMT openings posted.
PHX 8
ORD 38
JFK 16
RDU 1
LAX 6
AUS 6
DFW 25
SAT 1O

Last edited by a moderator:
An aging workforce perhaps? 17 openings in DFW, good news.

Wow, lots of LAA AMT openings posted.
PHX 8
ORD 38
JFK 16
RDU 1
LAX 6
AUS 6
DFW 25
SAT 1O
The DFW openings are good news.
Isn't there still some folks that are displaced?
Good news for the folks that are trying to get back home.
I assume all bids will go internal first? Then external on what's left open?
Good luck guys, hope everyone gets what they want and where they want...

Message from President Danker TWU Local 514

All,
Wanted to give you a quick update.
The negotiating team is not in the room with the mediators.
We are in a big room where we are receiving updates to what is happening. At the end of business Tuesday Klima, Peterson and Reagan gave us a detailed review of the financial positions and what delta plus means as of today’s date including Delta’s profit sharing plan.

On Wednesday the update was reviewing all healthcare positions as well as meeting both mediators. We went around the room and introduced ourselves. When it got to me I stood up, said my name and that I get paid a nice salary to represent the interest of 4200 people in Tulsa, TWU local 514. I told them it’s a tough thing for me not to be aloud to do my job. I said we should be aloud in the room so we can observe the proceedings. After everyone else finished Eva Durham, one of the mediators spoke directly to us telling me “she understands it’s frustrating but you can’t get a deal done in large groups”.

Today we are told we should get a review from the company’s positions on healthcare. The Association has hampered the Local Presidents ability to do their jobs but Rollie, Gary S. and I are committed to work as closely as possible with each other and the executive committee to get the best deal possible for our members.

Dale

January 18, 2019

Brothers and Sisters,

The TWU/IAM Association Executive Negotiating Committee this week met in full session with American Airlines under the auspices of National Mediation Board Mediators, Jim Mackenzie and Eva Durham, in San Francisco, CA. In addition to the executive committee, the full negotiating committees were also in San Francisco to support and caucus with the executive committee.

All members of the negotiating committees had the opportunity to meet with the mediators and were fully engaged in the process. We had input on all discussions and received real-time activity reports from the negotiating table. The previously agreed to agenda set forth the goals for the week.

The first day of the session was dedicated to presenting the Association’s entire position for all groups on all open economic pay elements to both the mediators and the company.

The second day was dedicated to presenting the Association’s entire position for all groups on all facets of health & welfare (insurance of all types) to the mediators and the company.

The 3rd day was dedicated to the duration of the agreement, field trip guidelines and other open JCBA language items.

Some progress was made, however, significant work remains.

Scheduled negotiating dates are:

• January 29, 30, 31 FLL
  • February 6, 7, 8 DCA
  • February 12, 13, 14 ATL
  • And an additional week in March – specific dates to be determined.
The Association is committed to achieving the compensation, healthcare, retirement and job security that our members have sacrificed for and deserve. Your continued support and solidarity are both appreciated and necessary to reach these goals.

Fraternally,

Your Association Executive Negotiating Committee

Negotiations update from TWU Local 568

A quick update from our trip to SFO to meet with mediators and the International:

As presidents from different locals began to arrive, we were informed that we would not be joining the hearing. Instead, we were told that we would be placed in an adjacent room where we would be receiving updates throughout the day on what had been discussed.

The final briefing was a detailed one, where important financial, medical and scope details were shared. Progress was made on TA’s, and even though the company was nickel and diming on some financial aspects, our union was able to make fair agreements with the company. It is extremely important for us to show the mediators and the company that we are all united in order to obtain a fair contract.

We also raised questions about the current government shutdown and the effect it could potentially have on the National Mediation Board (NBD), being that the board is an agency of the Federal government. We were told that they were federally funded until September 2019, which is very important to us. This means that our hearings will not be affected and negotiations will not stall due to a lack of federal funding. We expect to meet again in FLL on the following dates: January 29, 30, 31.

All presidents are committed to working together to get the best contract for our members – a contract we all deserve and is long overdue. More in depth details will be shared at the General Union Meeting on Monday, January 28, 2019.

“When the mediator’s introduced themselves Eva Durham stated “you can’t get a deal done in large groups”, she also went on to say we need to trust the executive committee; James Mackenzie spoke about patience in the process as well as having trust in the executive committee”

Rollie Reaves
TWU Local 567 President
WOW!
514's Update clearly states they were removed from the nego table and only informed after arriving in SFO.
Asso. update (rather Exec Cmte) update tries to make it sound as if the nego cmte are all with them nego but they are not.
Then 568's Update confirms 514's of them all (reg nego cmte from day one) were all fired from the nego table.

Now why is all this happening and why the blind sided shot after the arrival in SFO to all the reg nego cmte?? What is up with this BS??
Two statements from the mediator is of some rather large concern of mine. One she stated that you can never get an agreement with large groups---BS. Been done before for many years at all airlines and all groups.
Second statement that weez brought up and I will add after I post this is she said that the members and the nego cmte should "trust" the Exec Cmte, company and mediators will come to a fair agreement. Then why the removal???
Are you mechanics ok with what just transpired at your nego's? I would think not and would think this will draw out an uproar from the membership. Is this the start of secret nego's behind closed doors again? By kicking out the reg nego cmte, for me, all trust went out the window. I bet you guy will have something to vote on by March sometime (1st Q). Good luck with this guys...
NM I already included weez statement about large groups and trust the Exec Cmte...

WOW!
514's Update clearly states they were removed from the nego table and only informed after arriving in SFO.
Asso. update (rather Exec Cmte) update tries to make it sound as if the nego cmte are all with them nego but they are not.
Then 568's Update confirms 514's of them all (reg nego cmte from day one) were all fired from the nego table.

Now why is all this happening and why the blind sided shot after the arrival in SFO to all the reg nego cmte?? What is up with this BS??
Two statements from the mediator is of some rather large concern of mine. One she stated that you can never get an agreement with large groups---BS. Been done before for many years at all airlines and all groups.
Second statement that weez brought up and I will add after I post this is she said that the members and the nego cmte should "trust" the Exec Cmte, company and mediators will come to a fair agreement. Then why the removal???
Are you mechanics ok with what just transpired at your nego's? I would think not and would think this will draw out an uproar from the membership. Is this the start of secret nego's behind closed doors again? By kicking out the reg nego cmte, for me, all trust went out the window. I bet you guy will have something to vote on by March sometime (1st Q). Good luck with this guys...
NM I already included weez statement about large groups and trust the Exec Cmte...

You forget to add, sign an AMFA card today.

2C69528E-4348-4714-AF08-97DD5CF50C19.png

No I didn't. You forget again. I'm not pushing AMFA. I am pushing a class and craft union. Could care less if it's AMFA-AMP- or any other class and craft union for the AA mechanics.

Oh ok. Thank you for clearing up your motivations for participating on our American Airlines threads.

God Bless you once again.

310F0FA3-CB79-48C9-B081-E204B6CE1AF1.jpeg