Aircraft maint issues

This is old news. The company wants to draw down the headcount in Facilities Maintenance, Automotive Maintenance/GSE, and Stores. Leading up to an eventual contracting out of those positions. This goes hand in hand with the Aircraft Maintenance increasing contracting out of overhaul mx, and the increase of foreign line mx checks in South America.

This is the same scenario that the NWA AMTs went on strike for. The catering is totally separate from mechanic and related issues.

This battle is futile, even if the company conceded to the Association, they are gonna do what they want on headcount headcount - one way or the other.
In the meantime, LAA AMTs are losing north of $30K per year in pay and benefits for "future headcount / dues payers".
Deep down, we all know the offer isn't going to be any better 2 years from now when we have a TA.

Sorry to interrupt this time Vort but I just couldn’t help myself after your posting when this popped into my mind.

Last edited:
Buck the Moderators have informed multiple times that anyone can post anywhere they want on the boards. That means if a Burger King fry Chef came on and wanted to talk to any of us he or she wouldn’t be restricted to do so.

Anyway, I’ve said my peace on that guy and some others that enough is enough and I’m going to try to not be tempted to peak when someone posts who now is on my ignore list.

BTW any time you guys talk AMT technology I steer very clear and stay in my lane. That’s not my area of experience and I wouldn’t even consider stepping in that shop.

Yes, I am quite aware of that, hence not think highly of myself. Perhaps the message needs to be sent to certain individuals that continually attempt to drive WN Mechanics away...

Yes, I am quite aware of that, hence not think highly of myself. Perhaps the message needs to be sent to certain individuals that continually attempt to drive WN Mechanics away...

I hope you can concede that there is a time you have to call something what it is though, overkill.

How come honestly you never join in the talks about SWA Negotiations on their SWA Negotiations thread?

Oh and you have gone after driver in the past what with giving swamt a free pass? Why?

Thanks. Kind of a reminder of how inferior the M&R CBA's have been when negotiated by the TWU.

But remember, you can't compare a Cargo Operation AMT's responsibility to a Major Airline AMT's responsibility.

And tell me again how many AMT’s they have in a Company of over 400,000?

What do they have 137 or something like that.

But anyway forgetting all BS, seriously what do you think about their deal and do you think AA will have to at least have some consideration of it?

I hope you can concede that there is a time you have to call something what it is though, overkill.

How come honestly you never join in the talks about SWA Negotiations on their SWA Negotiations thread?

Oh and you have gone after driver in the past what with giving swamt a free pass? Why?

Driver was on the attack if the roles had been reversed I would have given Driver the free pass.

Driver did not come on here and go after swamt, specifically but his support of AMFA and anyone that was agreeing with swamt.

I guess I never had a interest in the issues of WN as an airline except the AMFA support which I was fighting in other forums.

And tell me again how many AMT’s they have in a Company of over 400,000?

What do they have 137 or something like that.

But anyway forgetting all BS, seriously what do you think about their deal and do you think AA will have to at least have some consideration of it?

Really dude, did you even read the article? Local 2727 has 1400 M&R employees. Don't know what their total is.

Pay looks good and I definitely like this part:

"Current workers also will continue to receive health benefits without paying a premium..."

They must be healthier than an airline AMT!

Looks like this guy does the same thing I do, although he uses a bigger flashlight!

Screen Shot 2019-02-12 at 6.23.40 PM.png

Driver was on the attack if the roles had been reversed I would have given Driver the free pass.

Driver did not come on here and go after swamt, specifically but his support of AMFA and anyone that was agreeing with swamt.

I guess I never had a interest in the issues of WN as an airline except the AMFA support which I was fighting in other forums.

C’mon Buck you don’t play fair between the two and you know it. swamt supports what you like so you swing for the fences in his direction.

driver has just as much right to speak his mind as an Employee of that Airline as swamt does and his opinions should be respected. (Even if they should go at it more in their own threads)

Really dude, did you even read the article? Local 2727 has 1400 M&R employees. Don't know what their total is.

Pay looks good and I definitely like this part:

"Current workers also will continue to receive health benefits without paying a premium..."

They must be healthier than an airline AMT!

Looks like this guy does the same thing I do, although he uses a bigger flashlight!

View attachment 13914

Now who’s not getting the joke? I was gonna say they have only 53. Figured I needed to add at least 100 more to throw you off.

I wonder what their deductible is though? They might not pay a Monthly cost but they maybe get them in other areas.

The Retiree Medical comes out to around $300 per month. Either way you cut it a guy making what they do it stands to reason should be saving some decent scratch? (Unless they live a little high on the hog in KY)

Now who’s not getting the joke? I was gonna say they have only 53. Figured I needed to add at least 100 more to throw you off.

I wonder what their deductible is though? They might not pay a Monthly cost but they maybe get them in other areas.

The Retiree Medical comes out to around $300 per month. Either way you cut it a guy making what they do it stands to reason should be saving some decent scratch? (Unless they live a little high on the hog in KY)
Touché

'Current workers also will continue to receive health benefits without paying a premium, though, Mangeot said, they will have to pay an annual deductible of $150 for single and $300 for family coverage. American workers in employer-sponsored health plans last year paid average deductibles of about $1,500 for single and $2,800 for family coverage, according to a survey from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans."

Touché

'Current workers also will continue to receive health benefits without paying a premium, though, Mangeot said, they will have to pay an annual deductible of $150 for single and $300 for family coverage. American workers in employer-sponsored health plans last year paid average deductibles of about $1,500 for single and $2,800 for family coverage, according to a survey from the International Foundation of Employee Benefit Plans."

Touche’ back at me.

I should have gone back and read over it but I was in the belly bag smashing. (Seriously)

Have to go smash one more flight now :)

C’mon Buck you don’t play fair between the two and you know it. swamt supports what you like so you swing for the fences in his direction.

driver has just as much right to speak his mind as an Employee of that Airline as swamt does and his opinions should be respected. (Even if they should go at it more in their own threads)

Reread my posts as the AMFA Organizer. Of course, I show favoritism to those that hold the same view as I do. Not playing fair would be to not bring the Anti-AMFA position to an American Airlines forum.
When you or others venture into a discussion concerning unionism and you take a TWU or whatever position you are showing favoritism as well.

Reread my posts as the AMFA Organizer. Of course, I show favoritism to those that hold the same view as I do. Not playing fair would be to not bring the Anti-AMFA position to an American Airlines forum.

When you or others venture into a discussion concerning unionism and you take a TWU or whatever position you are showing favoritism as well.

I’ll admit I do lean more towards my favorite yes but I also try to be honest about things that most posters on here go haywire berserk when you take that position.

I personally don’t like outsiders getting “too” cozy all up in our Business either.

You and I work for the same Company and whether honestly sometimes either of us likes it, we’re stuck with each other. I like to think we should make the best of it since History is against it ever changing and seeing us break off.

I’ve said before I stay out of your technical conversations because that’s not my lane and when the time comes I’ll also stay out of your TA. (I will watch you guys discuss it though)

Latest posts