Aircraft maint issues

Reread my posts as the AMFA Organizer. Of course, I show favoritism to those that hold the same view as I do. Not playing fair would be to not bring the Anti-AMFA position to an American Airlines forum.
When you or others venture into a discussion concerning unionism and you take a TWU or whatever position you are showing favoritism as well.
What is it do you think is so fantastic about AMFA? I think the only reason they been at SWA so long is because we never went bankrupt. Every other Airline they were at that filed for bankruptcy they lost the mechanics jobs. So what would they really be able to do to get you guys out of your bankruptcy contract at American? We have been profitable for 45 years, and we are trying to get a contract that can pass after 6.5 years. Not trying to start a fight just asking.

Reactions: WeAAsles
What is it do you think is so fantastic about AMFA? I think the only reason they been at SWA so long is because we never went bankrupt. Every other Airline they were at that filed for bankruptcy they lost the mechanics jobs. So what would they really be able to do to get you guys out of your bankruptcy contract at American? We have been profitable for 45 years, and we are trying to get a contract that can pass after 6.5 years. Not trying to start a fight just asking.

Fantastic? Well, I don't know about that. More of a common sense path of representation. True Democracy, vs self serving agendas from the International. Transparency - with observers allowed in negotiations. True accountability, with the ability to vote out union leadership vs having to attend some BS union gathering in Las Vegas with a bunch of drunk wannabes. Having a union that has a priority of representing AMTs.

Fantastic? Well, I don't know about that. More of a common sense path of representation. True Democracy, vs self serving agendas from the International. Transparency - with observers allowed in negotiations. True accountability, with the ability to vote out union leadership vs having to attend some BS union gathering in Las Vegas with a bunch of drunk wannabes. Having a union that has a priority of representing AMTs.
Fair enough, however experienced it first hand. I don't see them getting the ball over the goal line , any better than the Teamsters did. In fact I see excuses for lack of results, just like you complain about your Association.

I hear you Vort last year we turned down a contract that kept our scope intact. The No voters rolled the dice, we would just go in there and ask for more money. Surprise, now the company wants some scope changes to pay for it. I know mechanics that point to UPS, those are Teamsters with a lot of members at UPS that can make a difference. We AMFA at SWA are kind of on are own, besides our lawsuits. Now guys are getting mad , and having buyer's remorse , the longer this goes on. It's almost to the point of a lost decade in earnings, if we go past August, we will be entertaining year 8!
That's why the reto and snap up needs to be what it should be. We may wait a little longer just like the UPS'ers did, but they did get made whole as we should too.

Hi, I'm from the FAA and I'm here to help you! :)
I read the two letters from the Senators to our CEO and they did not hold back in the slightest.

Reactions: Rogallo
AMFA does NOT allow any drinking at the union meetings. I find it odd that the TWU and or IAM does, it just doesn't mix and very unprofessional.

Fair enough, however experienced it first hand. I don't see them getting the ball over the goal line , any better than the Teamsters did. In fact I see excuses for lack of results, just like you complain about your Association.
I would differ on this one. UPS just got a 17.7% raise and we are currently being offered 18.25%. We will never get above UPS wages, period, even if we were still teamsters we would not. We all know this...

AMFA does NOT allow any drinking at the union meetings. I find it odd that the TWU and or IAM does, it just doesn't mix and very unprofessional.

I would differ on this one. UPS just got a 17.7% raise and we are currently being offered 18.25%. We will never get above UPS wages, period, even if we were still teamsters we would not. We all know this...
Swampy I wasn't talking about how much, we would get. I was referring to the amount of time to get a deal that can pass. AMFA is no more efficient then if we had someone else.

Dude you have some comprehension issues.

He’s not talking about a union meeting. He’s talking about a convention or conference after hours.

In your overzealousness to make other unions look bad, you made a fool out of yourself.

Can’t speak for the TWU, but at IAM Union Meetings there is no drinking during a meeting.

Take the time to read a post and understand what it means.

I’ll admit I do lean more towards my favorite yes but I also try to be honest about things that most posters on here go haywire berserk when you take that position.

I personally don’t like outsiders getting “too” cozy all up in our Business either.

You and I work for the same Company and whether honestly sometimes either of us likes it, we’re stuck with each other. I like to think we should make the best of it since History is against it ever changing and seeing us break off.

I’ve said before I stay out of your technical conversations because that’s not my lane and when the time comes I’ll also stay out of your TA. (I will watch you guys discuss it though)

No one can afford to suppress information related to the very subject being discussed. Mechanics/Fleet Service et al WN/AMFA /IAM/TWU etc...

No one can afford to suppress information related to the very subject being discussed. Mechanics/Fleet Service et al WN/AMFA /IAM/TWU etc...
Maybe if you get frustrated at American, you could always do what Bret did, get on with SWA and become an AMFA officer. He had over 15 years or more at American. He has been at SWA for about 6. Unless you have too much time invested there. I am being serious.

My position on AMFA or another independent is given the freedom to negotiate independently allows for industry wages and benefits equal to his or her peers. industrial unionism possibly locks a group with a group that is not related to their profession and therefore against one another as a company can then play one against the other. I also am against the politics of the industrial unions. The mid-20th-century politics are gone and unionism has overall fallen as a percentage to around 10%. In fact industrial unionism is living in the past.

Maybe if you get frustrated at American, you could always do what Bret did, get on with SWA and become an AMFA officer. He had over 15 years or more at American. He has been at SWA for about 6. Unless you have too much time invested there. I am being serious.

I am 59 years old and retiring between 1 to 5 years, the earlier the better as I already am experiencing a major illness since 2005.

Reactions: swamt
Dude you have some comprehension issues.

He’s not talking about a union meeting. He’s talking about a convention or conference after hours.

In your overzealousness to make other unions look bad, you made a fool out of yourself.

Can’t speak for the TWU, but at IAM Union Meetings there is no drinking during a meeting.

Take the time to read a post and understand what it means.
I did and responded accordingly.