Aircraft maint issues

85B8B813-03C9-43D8-B336-340C4F7C9066.png

Reactions: B737 driver
What happened to the LUV?

Unfortunately I remember reading years ago an Airline Industry Analyst predicted that SWA would grow to the point that one day it would act no differently than the other Major players.

SWA is no longer a nimble nitch carrier. It’s a Legacy Airline. (I guess no more beer parties on the roof at Love Field either)

What happened to the LUV?
We grew up, and became a legacy carrier, with cost analysis for labor. Then our union AMFA, didn't believe management that if we turned our contract down that it would be awhile before we had something to vote on. Plus the same guy that was at Northwest Airlines , Landon Nitschke that was there during the AMFA strike is at Southwest.

We grew up, and became a legacy carrier, with cost analysis for labor. Then our union AMFA, didn't believe management that if we turned our contract down that it would be awhile before we had something to vote on. Plus the same guy that was at Northwest Airlines , Landon Nitschke that was there during the AMFA strike is at Southwest.

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."

https://www.swamedia.com/pages/landon-nitschke

"I have come to the frightening conclusion that I am the decisive element. It is my personal approach that creates the climate. It is my daily mood that makes the weather. I possess tremendous power to make life miserable or joyous. I can be a tool of torture or an instrument of inspiration; I can humiliate or humor, hurt or heal. In all situations, it is my response that decides whether a crisis is escalated or de-escalated, and a person is humanized or de-humanized. If we treat people as they are, we make them worse. If we treat people as they ought to be, we help them become what they are capable of becoming."

https://www.swamedia.com/pages/landon-nitschke
Isn't that poetic! :)

The Art of War is in learning how your enemy thinks. Your enemy himself was the very one who told you how he thinks by those words.
He doesn't think much of us, if you read his biography he started off as a mechanic in 1992 at Northwest. Got an MBA and forgot about being a mechanic.

He doesn't think much of us, if you read his biography he started off as a mechanic in 1992 at Northwest. Got an MBA and forgot about being a mechanic.

Well I don’t see your enemy as a wise man but a petty little man.

He even misattributed what he claimed was the wisest thing he ever heard to a famous author who didn’t even write it.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/quoteinvestigator.com/2018/10/08/decisive/amp/

Again learn all you can about your enemy and you can defeat him.

Unfortunately I remember reading years ago an Airline Industry Analyst predicted that SWA would grow to the point that one day it would act no differently than the other Major players.

SWA is no longer a nimble nitch carrier. It’s a Legacy Airline. (I guess no more beer parties on the roof at Love Field either)
Welcome to the big time, LUV!

We have some former NWA leadership too... Interesting!

Latest posts