Aircraft maint issues

Say what???
Let me perfectly clear, everyday is a judgment call . Sometimes you can make it good. Other times during intense contract negotiations , you are totally pissed off, the plane doesn't fly, because you follow everything by the book. The American guys know what I am talking about.

dude you really need to get over yourself.

Clearly a guy who lives for OT. I bet you solicit for job continuance.

Rhetorical, I already know the answer. I live for busting chops of the guys working 6 days complaining how we should do something and then saying we should turn down OT. They usually get real defensive. It’s hilarious hearing the excuses.

It’s funny because we can see the effects of refusing OT at SWA. The IGM is strong at AA.

I’m going to sign up for a 6 day now, time to get mine. Hopefully I’ll get some JC too.

You might want to open your eyes and see that the days of mantras like "Make it happen" are over. We have entered the compliance era. People disciplined/terminated for not fully complying with work cards or procedures. Surveillance camera footage reviewed to check people for compliance etc....

Last edited:
You might want to open your eyes and see that the days of mantras like "Make it happen" are over. We have entered the compliance era. People disciplined/terminated for not fully complying with work cards or procedures. Surveillance camera footage reviewed to check people for compliance etc....
We invited the disaster on ourselves, you see when Lee Saham and your union encourages you to call the FAA on your employer, and file whistle blower lawsuits, trying to force a contract. You invited the government into your business from negotiations to oversight, so once the government is involved they love to dig, and next thing you know they control the process. Especially when people worked like it was the wild west, and now they can't. I know all about compliance. I hope you are happy with the new reality at SWA, congratulations! :)

We invited the disaster on ourselves, you see when Lee Saham and your union encourages you to call the FAA on your employer, and file whistle blower lawsuits, trying to force a contract. You invited the government into your business from negotiations to oversight, so once the government is involved they love to dig, and next thing you know they control the process. Especially when people worked like it was the wild west, and now they can't. I know all about compliance. I hope you are happy with the new reality at SWA, congratulations! :)

What disaster? It's just a new day and a new way of doing things. This isn't a contract issue. This is our new standard operating procedure; by the book. This don't go away after the contract is signed. The wild west is gone. But there will always be a few "rogue" mechanics.

Let me perfectly clear, everyday is a judgment call . Sometimes you can make it good. Other times during intense contract negotiations , you are totally pissed off, the plane doesn't fly, because you follow everything by the book. The American guys know what I am talking about.
I would hope your following the book every day with every a/c, not just as you want to select, C'mon man...

I would hope your following the book every day with every a/c, not just as you want to select, C'mon man...
I do don't want to lose my license. But you can't complain about the new reality, and then suddenly we are compliant.

From the time I started at AA, management and training has never said just get it done, you follow the AMM. You will never have a problem doing the job the correct way. The only difference for most mechanics from then and when the IAW program started is, you have to write the AMM reference in the signoff.

I agree with 737 driver, you invited the FAA to look over your shoulder and to scrutinize your paperwork. This should not be a problem for any of us. You want $64 an hour, there has to be a high level of professionalism.

I don't know of any American guys that deviate from the book. We have an established IAW ( In Accordance With ) program that reminds us to follow the manuals.

Clearly a guy who lives for OT. I bet you solicit for job continuance.

Rhetorical, I already know the answer. I live for busting chops of the guys working 6 days complaining how we should do something and then saying we should turn down OT. They usually get real defensive. It’s hilarious hearing the excuses.

It’s funny because we can see the effects of refusing OT at SWA. The IGM is strong at AA.

I’m going to sign up for a 6 day now, time to get mine. Hopefully I’ll get some JC too.

What's at fault here is the FAA rest requirement.

I don't know of any American guys that deviate from the book. We have an established IAW ( In Accordance With ) program that reminds us to follow the manuals.
Then you guys are ahead of the game, and I congratulate your maintenance department. We are good, but we used to sign the log books off IAW AMM, with the code with a two digit ref. Then we actually needed a six digit ref. We had all done things hundreds of times from a tire change, to changing hydraulic filters, to oil or changing an O 2 bottle. We all know as mechanics how to do our jobs. However when our contracts get tough, we also know to work more diligent.

Then you guys are ahead of the game, and I congratulate your maintenance department. We are good, but we used to sign the log books off IAW AMM, with the code with a two digit ref. Then we actually needed a six digit ref. We had all done things hundreds of times from a tire change, to changing hydraulic filters, to oil or changing an O 2 bottle. We all know as mechanics how to do our jobs. However when our contracts get tough, we also know to work more diligent.

In Tulsa 6 digits minimum

Latest posts

Back