Aircraft maint issues

The bottom line is this: THE COMPANY WILL NOT BUDGE OFF THEIR SCOPE STANCE AND NEITHER WILL THE UNION.
This equals stalemate......We might be going for the SWA negoatiations record.
But remember this. If we ever got to the point where a strike is imminent....Just remember that we are under the RLA. This is not 1966 where the IAM shut the nation down and the government stepped in.
Things will not play out the same way next time.
I invite everyone to research the entire RLA negotiating process. Once the mediator throws up his or her hands and says "We're outta here," the next step is arbitration ONLY IF both parties agree. The union will NOT because they know what will happen.

And just remember this last final tidbit. IF we were to strike, the company would be free to impose terms and REPLACE.

That’s why I think we will wind up in binding arbitration and wondered what the association thinks it will gain in waiting a couple of years for arbitration. Looking at what the FAs didn’t win in arbitration. We will gain nothing

The Association has it's work cutout for them.......an immediate 20% pay hike for SWA mechs......the largest airline with largest union(S) should deliver over non union shops and the black sheep of unions... AMFA

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...0YfELsLfyQ98BhkKUWMAKA82jKMDGDcRhu6xBk4xdPkZs
Big jets if they can't get it done, and you guys can't get AMFA or AMP, I am sure the Teamsters would take you. Not trying to start a fight. But how does United mechanics language compare to the TWU/IAM language?

The Association has it's work cutout for them.......an immediate 20% pay hike for SWA mechs......the largest airline with largest union(S) should deliver over non union shops and the black sheep of unions... AMFA

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...0YfELsLfyQ98BhkKUWMAKA82jKMDGDcRhu6xBk4xdPkZs
Hey bigjets, not to tute too much on the horns, but, the 20% DOS raise will be followed by a 15% raise over 5 years as well. And pls don't forget the 160 million for retro. What's that %? Let's give promps where promps are due. AMFA did their job as far as we are concerned at this point. Hoping you guys will get it done too...

Big jets if they can't get it done, and you guys can't get AMFA or AMP, I am sure the Teamsters would take you. Not trying to start a fight. But how does United mechanics language compare to the TWU/IAM language?
Swampy not saying they were better than AMFA, just saying if they couldn't get them or their own union.

The last day of negs was worse than the previous days. Supposedly Jerry Glass and Jim Weel do not have the authority to make decisions at the table but they are in charge of negs for the company. If they can't make a decision why are they there. They are useless t##s on a bore hog. I was given a little more info on the mediators going to headquarters yesterday. Guess who drove them to headquarters? Drum roll please!!!!!!! none other than Jerry Glass and Jim Weel. During one of the breaks one of the people sitting outside asked the mediator when we were going to talk about scheduling more neg dates. He said we aren't because the mediators and the company had agreed to 6 months of med. Why did this deal not include the union? This individual talked to the twu/iam about it and when they confronted the mediator about it the mediator denied it. The mediator also said that if we couldn't get it done in 6 months that it was not going to get done and that they had more important things to do. So the company and the mediators seem to be in collusion together. Also today aa legal sent out letters to the presidents that had there names on the letter about not going on field trips. This letter basically said that they would be sued if they did not retract the letter. The letter was filled with complete lies saying the company is working hard to come to a mutual agreement. I think we have heard this song before over at swa.

The last day of negs was worse than the previous days. Supposedly Jerry Glass and Jim Weel do not have the authority to make decisions at the table but they are in charge of negs for the company. If they can't make a decision why are they there. They are useless t##s on a bore hog. I was given a little more info on the mediators going to headquarters yesterday. Guess who drove them to headquarters? Drum roll please!!!!!!! none other than Jerry Glass and Jim Weel. During one of the breaks one of the people sitting outside asked the mediator when we were going to talk about scheduling more neg dates. He said we aren't because the mediators and the company had agreed to 6 months of med. Why did this deal not include the union? This individual talked to the twu/iam about it and when they confronted the mediator about it the mediator denied it. The mediator also said that if we couldn't get it done in 6 months that it was not going to get done and that they had more important things to do. So the company and the mediators seem to be in collusion together. Also today aa legal sent out letters to the presidents that had there names on the letter about not going on field trips. This letter basically said that they would be sued if they did not retract the letter. The letter was filled with complete lies saying the company is working hard to come to a mutual agreement. I think we have heard this song before over at swa.

Buckle up buttercup!

Reactions: Rogallo
By the way you wrote “replaceable in small numbers maybe” then went on to say nobody wants these jobs. Good luck with that.

I get those emails also, but remember those are brokers who make money for job placement. It’s just like an Army recruiter or any recruiter. Just trying to get their numbers. Plus AA is hiring off the street.

Side note, I heard that on the west coast a couple of new hires went through indoc went through a320 genfam then took a job at UAL at the same airport. I guess 5 years of one week of vacation wasn’t appealing. I lwould like to be able to find out how many candidates look at other airlines because our contract is so bad compared to what other airlines are offering.
How would they know who's contract says what?

I am not trying to give you a hard time. That is a serious question.

I would not be surprise that the mediator is in with the company. I truly believe we are in for a long time before we get a contract. Shut this place DOWN !!!!!!

That’s why I think we will wind up in binding arbitration and wondered what the association thinks it will gain in waiting a couple of years for arbitration. Looking at what the FAs didn’t win in arbitration. We will gain nothing

After mediation, binding arbitration is proferred. But has to be accepted by both parties where I see the union rejecting it. Arbitration might very well side with the company in terms of scope when comparing the rest of the industry. The union knows this.
One way or another, the company comes out on top. They always do.

I would not be surprise that the mediator is in with the company. I truly believe we are in for a long time before we get a contract. Shut this place DOWN !!!!!!

If what I`ve been hearing is accurate. The mediator is most definitely in bed with the company. No big surprise there.

The IBT? Lol

They forged cards at AA before to help the TWU block AMFA.

https://www.google.com/search?q=teamsters forge cards at american airlines

And got their butts handed to them at US when they raided the IAM.

https://www.dallasnews.com/business...ways-vote-for-mechanics-and-related-employees

Never going to happen, their will be no card drive.
If there is no change in representation then you guys will go about 6 years or more, then get a raise with less scope. We finally got a raise, and kept our scope. The outsourcing was being done anyway regardless if domestic vendors or international. Everyone complains about the Association, unless you are the IAM, the IAM side has nothing to lose as long as this drags out. The rules of the Association you couldn't even go with either the IAM or the TWU. So if you can't get your own, or AMFA, that leaves you Teamsters, or CWA, or UAW?

The exact same song and dance. It is amazing how your mediations are playing out exactly like ours did to a "T".
I am also thinking you guys will be put on ice once you hit that 6 months. This time will be longer than just 30 days, ours was months.

I think you are too Matt. When mediators do not do their job to move either side closer together (which is why they are there) then they are just letting the company play their game of dragging the nego's out for as long as they can. You better believe the mediators are leaning more on the company side. It was very apparent in our mediations. They always allowed the company to do whatever the company wanted to do.

You gained no work, you financed your own raises by letting WN move eight domestic outsourced lines to a foreign repair station.

Seven years for just a raise, that’s pathetic.
You don't have a clue what all went on with ours.
Since you are new here; SWA told us they were gonna put us on a 5 year freeze. To focus on the investors and to allow the "other airlines" to catch up with all their contracts. After the 5 year pay freeze. SWA thought we would jump all over their first low ball offer since we were waiting for over 5 years. Didn't happen, and now they are seeing what it will really cost them for doing so. BTW we did gain work. Wait for the details. Not only gain, we also saved most all of our scope, as well as all our C-check lines and heavy maint. lines in Dallas.

If there is no change in representation then you guys will go about 6 years or more, then get a raise with less scope. We finally got a raise, and kept our scope. The outsourcing was being done anyway regardless if domestic vendors or international. Everyone complains about the Association, unless you are the IAM, the IAM side has nothing to lose as long as this drags out. The rules of the Association you couldn't even go with either the IAM or the TWU. So if you can't get your own, or AMFA, that leaves you Teamsters, or CWA, or UAW?
6 years sounds about right. They are now at the point where we were 2 years ago when the co. finally started to move, but, still early. They too are experiencing the exact same outcome as we did with our mediators. With what they have left to nego. I wouldn't be surprised to see them going longer than us. Remember that one of the two sides are going to have to give something up just because they are two totally different unions with conflicting work rules and one of the two sides will not be happy. Just which side will be easier to flip? I would have to say the smaller group for the mere fact that the numbers will rule and that is in the TWU's favor by a long shot. I really do think that is how this will all pan out in the end.

Here goes ANOTHER guy from some other Airline trying to convince people to do something now that MAYBE finally his house after almost 7 years is becoming almost orderly.

So now that you guys sold your souls to International outsourcing for MONEY you’re coming over here trying to make your stink look good?