Aircraft maint issues

Are you for real?

Changing representation will not get a contract faster, it will actually make it longer.

You need to give it up, worry about your own house, stay out of mine your not wanted.

The AA employees have spoken, they don’t want to change representation, they don’t want a card drive.

The CWA? That’s funny, they represent no mechanics.

The UAW? That’s funny too, they represent no mechanics.

Plus no AFLCIO affiliated union can raid another AFLCIO affiated union. You are such a flip flopper.
Flip flopper, I wanted a deal, and I would go with, who could get it done. I always said if AMFA did it, they would stay. I was concerned about our law fees, and the company bankrupting AMFA, like they did at Northwest, before a deal could be reached. Let's be perfectly honest here, a perfect storm and alot of prayer, and sweat when into this deal. So if you are the USair side you get the gravy why the American guys get the shaft. Good luck, it benefits everyone when we all move up. Oh and by the way the Teamsters are not part of the AFL/ CIO and haven't been for years.

Here goes ANOTHER guy from some other Airline trying to convince people to do something now that MAYBE finally his house after almost 7 years is becoming almost orderly.

So now that you guys sold your souls to International outsourcing for MONEY you’re coming over here trying to make your stink look good?
No trying to help the mechanics.

View attachment 14180
You are not helping, you are harming. During our Section 6 in 2014, the IBT was raiding us, company shutdown negotiations for months. We don’t need your help, you sold out bringing more work in-house and you sold out the American Worker by agreeing to move Eight Heavy Check lines to Foreign MROs, don’t need that help.
So until you guys stop fighting among yourselves and support both sides, or decide you want to start new, the government, mediators, company, and your own upper union leaders will continue to exploit you.

So until you guys stop fighting among yourselves and support both sides, or decide you want to start new, the government, mediators, company, and your own upper union leaders will continue to exploit you.

FYI driver you got NOTHING from what you refused to accept over 8 Months ago. Even your own Management admitted that you guys allowed them to shift work overseas at a cheaper cost so they could find you some more money.

Almost 7 wasted years when you could have taken the monetary extension way back and not had to go through all your wasted drama.

7 years of waste.

So vacation, holidays, swaps, OT, OJI, shift bids,location bidding, days off, etc mean nothing, thanks for the information. What does your contract say?

Go back and read the part where I said you were correct.

Now be honest with yourself, and think about all the times you've been at the table, organized, whatever. Which of the remaining 4 articles you listed weren't the ones you heard the most about? What CBA is worth anything absent one of those?

After mediation, binding arbitration is proferred. But has to be accepted by both parties where I see the union rejecting it. Arbitration might very well side with the company in terms of scope when comparing the rest of the industry. The union knows this.
One way or another, the company comes out on top. They always do.

I do think that the association agrees to binding arbitration, I think the association is afraid of taking a stance on anything. They will always have the option of blaming the arbitrator and will be off the hook. Just like the TWU and TWA seniority or how they came up with our cc seniority and that was within the association.

Maybe, but I doubt it
I do think that the association agrees to binding arbitration, I think the association is afraid of taking a stance on anything. They will always have the option of blaming the arbitrator and will be off the hook. Just like the TWU and TWA seniority or how they came up with our cc seniority and that was within the association.
. But I do believe mediation will not produce any results. Anyone who believes it will need to realize that neither side is budging. They would have done so by now.

Maybe, but I doubt it

. But I do believe mediation will not produce any results. Anyone who believes it will need to realize that neither side is budging. They would have done so by now.
...and the IAM and it's leadership are completely fine with that.

So you as a TWU ramper in ORD speaks for Sito Pantoja and Robert Martinez? The IAM wants the TWU Scope as it will bring more laid off IAM members back work and bring in more dues as the 1,000 laid off Utility and around 2,000 laid off mechanics who have lifetime recall rights. That’s a lot of dues that could be had.
Not interested...

No one is fighting, you are a lead mechanic for WN in MDW and belong to AMFA. So explain to me who is fighting and where? Let me clue you in, it’s not happening. IAM and TWU Leadership have actually attended the other unions conferences and conventions as guests and speakers. You don’t know a damn thing and if you believe the rock throwers on here then you are not too bright.
I don't work for American, I can only go by the lack of progress you guys had, just like us.

Maybe, but I doubt it

The IAM would never agree to Arbitration, even if the TWU did. Why would/should they? They can ride this ship for possibly years while the TWU sits and watches.

Latest posts