Aircraft maint issues

TWU-IAM Association Contract Talks with American to Resume
WASHINGTON, Sept. 4, 2019 — The TWU-IAM Association today announced that mediation for negotiations in the American Airlines/TWU-IAM Association contract talks will restart on Monday, Sept. 16, at 1 p.m. ET and continue through Thursday, Sept. 19. The sessions will be held in Washington, D.C. at the National Mediation Board (NMB).
Association principals Sito Pantoja, Director (IAM General Vice President) and Alex Garcia, Vice Director (TWU International Executive Vice President) met with the NMB on Thursday, Aug. 29 to outline the Association’s views on negotiations and to insist that negotiations resume.
“Our meeting with the NMB was positive and we are optimistic that resumption of negotiations will be productive,” said TWU-IAM Association Director Sito Pantoja. “It’s now time for the company to keep its word and give our members the industry-leading contract they promised. I thank our members for their incredible patience during this process.”
“The delays in this process have been frustrating for our members but they have remained fully supportive of the Association,” said TWU-IAM Association Vice Director Alex Garcia. “We will use this opportunity to finally close these negotiations, if American Airlines is a willing partner.”

WASHINGTON, Sept. 4, 2019 — The TWU-IAM Association today announced that mediation for negotiations in the American Airlines/TWU-IAM Association contract talks will restart on Monday, Sept. 16, at 1 p.m. ET and continue through Thursday, Sept. 19. The sessions will be held in Washington, D.C. at the National Mediation Board (NMB).
Association principals Sito Pantoja, Director (IAM General Vice President) and Alex Garcia, Vice Director (TWU International Executive Vice President) met with the NMB on Thursday, Aug. 29 to outline the Association’s views on negotiations and to insist that negotiations resume.
“Our meeting with the NMB was positive and we are optimistic that resumption of negotiations will be productive,” said TWU-IAM Association Director Sito Pantoja. “It’s now time for the company to keep its word and give our members the industry-leading contract they promised. I thank our members for their incredible patience during this process.”
“The delays in this process have been frustrating for our members but they have remained fully supportive of the Association,” said TWU-IAM Association Vice Director Alex Garcia. “We will use this opportunity to finally close these negotiations, if American Airlines is a willing partner.”
That’s great in a couple of weeks, ass and AA are going to talk for 4 days. That should wrap it up. Maybe we can start enjoying the success of AA like the other unions started YEARS ago.

I don’t know how patient we are, more like numb to everything expecting the worse because that’s what we have experienced for the past 16 years.

If you call support for the ass, paying our union dues otherwise we will be fired support for ass, then yes we support ass.

Worthless link unless you have an apple phone .

Why can't any of you post the official news release from the asso web site? Here's the official release...

September 4, 2019
0 Comments

TWU.IAM_.logo2_-1024x425.jpg

PDF version: Association-PR

Rumors done, it's official.. Good God, that was easy...

Look, Monday and Friday are burn days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, show up late, donuts coffee, long lunch, break early for drinks and dinner, get a hooker or 2.

I fully expect nothing from our worthless no good labor representative.

Worthless link unless you have an apple phone .

bloomberg article..the la times picked it up.

the angle is mainly shareholder-driven, what can aa do to make the shareholders happy? investors complaining to investment banks - looking for answers. the same greedy whiners who complained when we got out-of-contract raises..they wanted that money for themselves..$12+ billion in buy-backs hasn't been enough for them.

.40 cent dividend is a legit complaint. even if aa doubles the dividend, they would need to double it again, just to equal delta's dividend.

Look, Monday and Friday are burn days, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, show up late, donuts coffee, long lunch, break early for drinks and dinner, get a hooker or 2.

Well, the Association will make the membership look bad...

Well, the Association will make the membership look bad...
I would like to be represented by somebody that can articulate a sentence without resorting to polarizing rhetoric. Maybe eat a salad once in a while. Think, will I sound like a goon if I yell this out.

bloomberg article..the la times picked it up.

the angle is mainly shareholder-driven, what can aa do to make the shareholders happy? investors complaining to investment banks - looking for answers. the same greedy whiners who complained when we got out-of-contract raises..they wanted that money for themselves..$12+ billion in buy-backs hasn't been enough for them.

.40 cent dividend is a legit complaint. even if aa doubles the dividend, they would need to double it again, just to equal delta's dividend.
so far it doenst look like it phases them one bit. it would appear share holders are just like passengers and employees. tolerated.

Hey, look at the bright side 86. You guys get 4 days, 16th-19th, Mon-Thur. Sure the first day will be nothing but showing up at 1pm (that's late in my eyes) rehashing everything and bringing all up to current status after the long delays, so pretty much NOTHING on the first day as a lot of finger pointing will be going on instead of nego's.
As for the rest, the next 2 days will be the "real time" nego's for deep discussions (of course unless thie fiasco asso blows all that with their attitudes at the table). Then the final day will be short lived with an early out for all to travel back home on the final day. If both sides were serious about really getting something done they would fly out on the weekend, meet and nego for 5 full freakin days, and fly back on the following weekend. Yes the weekends, that's part of nego's folks, and they all signed up for it, it should be expected. If one union nego says they are not willing to ruin their weekends for it should be removed and replaced immediately.
I don't expect anything either 86. But i was told I was was full of it for saying that from a fleet guy I think. They are so gullible...

I would like to be represented by somebody that can articulate a sentence without resorting to polarizing rhetoric. Maybe eat a salad once in a while. Think, will I sound like a goon if I yell this out.
Wouldn't that be nice???

I can’t believe we have two unions representing 7000 mechs. Can you imagine how powerful the mechs could be with those numbers, but we have the small thinkers in the AFL CIO worrying about dues.

What we do have is 2 unions representing 7000 AA mechs, and on top of that, what the afl cio/association did, was disenfranchised the AA mechs. I can assure you that more mechanics think like me then you might expect.

Thank you AA for bringing even more AMT jobs to the USA.
Come on bigjets.

I know you are a smart guy.

It's that way because..... it was engineered to be that way. It was never going to be any other way.

You have a UNION working to disenfranchise you to stay in control.

I know intellectually you know that but for some reason you just have not accepted it yet.

Latest posts

Back