Aircraft maint issues

Quick point of order: Mechanics never voted to keep (or discard) representation after the merger; AMFA voluntarily withdrew.

With the NW side working under imposed terms, it would’ve been near impossible to get a “yes” vote. Just my .02...
AMFA was forced to withdraw, locals were closed no money to function. The only thing I thought was totally F uped was the Top AMFA officers that were Northwest employees, made sure they were recalled to Delta, will all their Northwest seniority. You can technically say that is a different company, but still not right.

AMFA was forced to withdraw, locals were closed no money to function. The only thing I thought was totally F uped was the Top AMFA officers that were Northwest employees, made sure they were recalled to Delta, will all their Northwest seniority. You can technically say that is a different company, but still not right.

That may have certainly been part of it, but all one had to do was look at what the DL AMT's were making at merger time vs. what the NW AMT's were getting under their imposed terms to know that an election was going to be an exercise in futility.

As for AMT's getting recalled; I can't speak for anyone specific, but I do know people waited until the strike was officially declared over (for lack of a better term).

I stand by what I said. Maintenance manuals should be as simple to follow as possible. If they can simplify them they should do so.
Really? Why the fk should the manuals be dumbed down for you to understand? The mechanics are extremely smart and can read and understand, so why are you asking for a dumb down of the manuals? Are you not comprehending the manuals info for you to do your job?? You are looking like a freaking moron in the least, wow.

Mechanics (All in) in the industry outside of Corporate Management are the second highest paid work group after Pilots and that’s absolutely well earned.

Paid fairly and reasonable is up to the individuals interpretation.

Many “people” have no line or idea where that objective would be satisfying for them.

Not quite, you forgot dispatchers and sim techs.

I think it was a point to understand mechanics realize they are not all powerful and serious miscalculations were made. However we want to be paid fairly and reasonable contracts, just like the other groups.

The company offer from NWA at the time, was a lose lose proposition. Given the same circumstances, I really doubt any other union would have fared any better! Now AA is essentially wanting the same thing for us at AA. Eliminate facilities maintenance, a huge reduction in stores headcount, all in conjunction with reducing overhaul headcount. Only difference is now they are wanting to do it through attrition; as opposed to, NWA's more draconian approach.

The company offer from NWA at the time, was a
lose lose proposition. Given the same circumstances, I really doubt any other union would have fared any better! Now AA is essentially wanting the same thing for us at AA. Eliminate facilities maintenance, a huge reduction in stores headcount, all in conjunction with reducing overhaul headcount. Only difference is now they are wanting to do it through attrition; as opposed to, NWA's more draconian approach.

I just came across a copy of the imposed terms while doing some spring cleaning. It's a tough read, even now. Draconian is definitely a good description.

Latest posts