American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Go to WAGES W, first thing on the right.

Wages The best overall pay in the industry and guarantee industry-leading profit sharing Annual industry wage comparator reset
It's under Association Proposal Claim.

Oh ok you meant the Association proposal. That part was I think from the December 2015 original first opening proposal. If you notice the Company didn’t put out publicly what the last economic ask was from the Association as it would probably be a little depressing to know the difference between that and the Company 3%

You can (I hope you don’t) respond with criticism against the Association for not publicly stating their last asks and positions but as you can see the Company has not budged even an inch and is STILL not being completely transparent on the language they want injected as far as Scope.

If the Company doesn’t want to attach “When and where so directed” to all sorts of work than they should specifically say so.

Reactions: AANOTOK
That really doesn't address my point W. My point is if the mediators (NMB) schedule a meeting, as they did this one at a different location HQ and different folks AA Brass, I think it's in your best interest to make it.

I get you but again I can remember an interview with Jon Stewart on a CNN show called Crossfire where the host called out Stewart for not going along with the program and Stewart responded with “I’m not your trained Monkey”

So it could be that’s how our guys are feeling? You’d have to ask them directly?

Hope you enjoy this YouTube from me for a change.

Oh ok you meant the Association proposal. That part was I think from the December 2015 original first opening proposal. If you notice the Company didn’t put out publicly what the last economic ask was from the Association as it would probably be a little depressing to know the difference between that and the Company 3%

You can (I hope you don’t) respond with criticism against the Association for not publicly stating their last asks and positions but as you can see the Company has not budged even an inch and is STILL not being completely transparent on the language they want injected as far as Scope.

If the Company doesn’t want to attach “When and where so directed” to all sorts of work than they should specifically say so.
I know its March but UAL goes to $32.09 in december so 3% of that is $ 33 pretty much what Tim has been saying

I know its March but UAL goes to $32.09 in december so 3% of that is $ 33 pretty much what Tim has been saying

Al if this thing goes on another year we’ll be talking $34. If this had been settled last year you’d have looked at $32. So it’s not much of a stretch to guess where the lousy 3% would/could fall. Plus Delta Ramp may be at $32.07 right now or gong to that in April?

C7C51C75-0E71-4085-9D7D-788A10060AF3.jpeg

I get you but again I can remember an interview with Jon Stewart on a CNN show called Crossfire where the host called out Stewart for not going along with the program and Stewart responded with “I’m not your trained Monkey”

So it could be that’s how our guys are feeling? You’d have to ask them directly?

Hope you enjoy this YouTube from me for a change.

Actually, I was a huge fan of "Crossfire" back in the day.

Last edited:
Oh God, here we go again...prove they didn't schedule it. And let's say they didn't, they informed both parties "when and where" (ha) the meeting would be. If one party or the other refused to attend, in my mediating mind, that would constitute bad faith...or at least be duly noted.

So if you're getting forty stations staffed by Association members only, not sure where how we would be limited to loading and unloading airplanes only.

Very easy depending on the language. The when and where so directed language attached to any particular work means the Company owns that particular work and not you or I.

Say they attached that to transfer driver. “When and where so directed you may be assigned to transfer bags between Aircraft and other designated areas”

Now what that states is we need to be tasked by the Company to perform that work or else they can vendor it out at their discretion.

Currently again that’s in the IAM Contract for Water and Lavs and if you ask around because of that language the IAM is not performing that task.

Actually, I was a huge fan of "Crossfire" back in the day.

So check out Stewart skewer them then. You can see they’re trying desperately to get him to go along but he’s having none of it.

Tim if you can’t vote why do you keep bugging people all over Social Media that you want to vote then?

I don’t think unfortunately we can go that far at least in Fleet? Remember that AA is not generating the Profits that Delta is and they share the pool with 40,000 more employees as well.

No we don’t.

Al if this thing goes on another year we’ll be talking $34. If this had been settled last year you’d have looked at $32. So it’s not much of a stretch to guess where the lousy 3% would/could fall. Plus Delta Ramp may be at $32.07 right now or gong to that in April?

DL ramp tops out at $31.04 (base rate).

Who is us...and prove your comment like I ask. If you disagree, that's cool, but back it up fake man.

Ok, who scheduled this meeting. I wasn't there and interpreted it as the NMB did as they relayed to both parties of the info. Now, prove to me that the NMB was not the schedulers.

"On Tuesday, the mediators informed both parties that the meeting would be held the next day."

BTW it looks to me like once again it’s the Company who’s on the ropes on their latest update.

The numbers are are around 10% Pro Company, 90% Anti Company.

If anyone doesn’t believe me they can look for themselves.

BTW it looks to me like once again it’s the Company who’s on the ropes on their latest update.

The numbers are are around 10% Pro Company, 90% Anti Company.

If anyone doesn’t believe me they can look for themselves.
Then why os the union afraid of putting offer to a vote?How long would it take to put the offer into contract form? Again as it stands im a no they are only offering 2% per year i want at least 2.5 .

Then why os the union afraid of putting offer to a vote?How long would it take to put the offer into contract form? Again as it stands im a no they are only offering 2% per year i want at least 2.5 .

Al maybe they should put every single Article they TA out for a vote and then we could have possibly been Negotiating for 10 years before we get to the financials.

Look you can go there yourself and look. There is pretty much no censorship on Jetnet and I don’t see any call to arms for what the Company has said they’re offering to be put to a vote. Quite the opposite actually.

Maybe eventually something they don’t support will need to be put out for a vote or they’ll agree that it should be put out to let us take the next step? BTW I really think your buddy’s pushing is having the opposite effect of what he’s looking for.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts