American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
We used to staff IAH before the BK and I think it was one of the Stations that closed to us in 2012 so all of those people would still have recall rights (10 years)

The only shot I think some of your friends would have would be if many of those people got used to being FT in other locations and wouldn’t want to go back to PT?

That would create some spots but not many.

So are you past probation at UAL yet?

Gotcha. Not yet. Actually it's my first week lol. Took them 2 months to get everything together. It's moving fast though.

Gotcha. Not yet. Actually it's my first week lol. Took them 2 months to get everything together. It's moving fast though.

Hey man we all had a first week once. So did they tell you what the probationary period is? And make sure to listen to your trainers. They have your best interests at heart trust me.

DL has done very well at figuring out what motivates people and built around it accordingly. For some, it's all the warm fuzzies and "hurray for everything" celebrations. For others, it's a nice pile of ca$h on Valentine's Day. And some just still like having a little pride in their work. All of those result in an increase in operational performance, which then gets rewarded (food, monthly payouts for meeting metrics, etc.). That then creates a positive feedback loop.

They have also invested heavily in tools and programs to help us do our jobs much more easily/effectively.

To be clear, I think most people see it for what it is; a company doing whatever it takes to get its workforce to perform at a high level. But if it works, it works.

...And bend the knee...
SWA follows the same formula even though it is 83% unionized. It American Airlines would follow the same way, they would have much more productive employees.

As far as IAH, the Association agreed with management to refuse to open up IAH in the LUS agreement.
The Association isn't telling everything. The mechanic situation will include TWU and IAM mechanics. It said it right in Jetnet. The flights are at mainline levels now and will be more so come this summer increasing mainline equipment in place of Republic to LA on top of the current mainline flights. PHX as well. Sit back and enjoy the ride.

Hey man we all had a first week once. So did they tell you what the probationary period is? And make sure to listen to your trainers. They have your best interests at heart trust me.
You are not lying. These are some of the best trainers I've had yet. It's 6 months per the IAM contract or 280 days which I think can get reduced based on hours worked in a bid but I have to confirm that.

The Association isn't telling everything. The mechanic situation will include TWU and IAM mechanics. It said it right in Jetnet. The flights are at mainline levels now and will be more so come this summer increasing mainline equipment in place of Republic to LA on top of the current mainline flights. PHX as well. Sit back and enjoy the ride.
there had to be a letter of agreement. Who determined the mix of LUS and LAA? And why?

Tim could you see the association concocting a UGE or McGee type outfit that would pay full dues on a different pay scale and perform covered work?

The IAM has shown its willingness and set the way for this.

Josh

Want to thank the Tulsa scabs for coming to JFK on a field trip for the OTS A321
How many overhaul jobs are getting cut with the new contract....when can I vote yes...
It just got a whole lot harder to sympathize with the plight of Tulsa as on OH facility. Once again Tulsa doing their own thing and screw everyone else.

He does reserve that right as the TWU International President who was Elected by the Local delegates.

If you recall Jim Little pulled a TA in 2011 when the Local President’s said that they felt like they were coerced into accepting a deal under pressure from the NMB Mediator.
Another position I don’t have a chance to vote on. Kiss ass delgates get that honor.

It just got a whole lot harder to sympathize with the plight of Tulsa as on OH facility. Once again Tulsa doing their own thing and screw everyone else.

C'mon now, those field trip whores from DFW will do the same thing!

Last edited:
Want to thank the Tulsa scabs for coming to JFK on a field trip for the OTS A321
How many overhaul jobs are getting cut with the new contract....when can I vote yes...

C'mon now, those field trip wholes from DFW will do the same thing!

Unfortunately and very disappointingly it doesn’t look as if the turnout for protesting yesterday in TUL was too many people.

They honestly don’t appear to want to fight to keep their work.

THIS!

ea1611fb-3e4f-4b18-aba3-139d6f1a66a8-jpeg.14335

This was true but Union leadership also killed the dream along with most good paying union jobs over the last 30+ years.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back