American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Show me proof that if they allow SA workings to work on aircraft that are on the ground for 10 to 12 hours will cost one single person their current job right now?
You can’t because it’s not true. Again this is another BS excuse the union is trying to get you to believe we are loosing a bunch of jobs

I know one thing just ask all those coal workers felt about Obama when he was destroying their jobs
Years ago those aircraft flew in and turned around back to the states. They took care of inbound write ups and maybe did a PS check. Now they do phase checks, mods, ECO's and whatever they want to give them that they never did before. They started doing more checks before the merger. Now they want to give them more work and have the aircraft on the ground in SA for 24 hours or more. That work was done in the states. Less oversight in SA and cheaper labor. Bottom dollar is the dollar.

Reactions: V.O. Reason
Why can't all of you just admit that you were madd at having a Black President. So you voted this Retarded AZZ Monkey into office to get even. Thank God this BB don't represent the majority of AA Mechanics. And Before you ASSume anything. I am a White American Born Man that Hate Racist people of ANY kind.
I’m glad your a WHITE American born man.
I’m an American..... The color of my skin just like the color of my eyes n hair have no bearing on how I view the world. Patriotism for the American way of life is first n foremost in how I vote. The union leaders can kiss my ass when it comes to deciding who to vote for.
That doesn’t mean I’m anti union I’m just pro American democracy.
You really went to the gutter on this one.

I’m glad your a WHITE American born man.
I’m an American..... The color of my skin just like the color of my eyes n hair have no bearing on how I view the world. Patriotism for the American way of life is first n foremost in how I vote. The union leaders can kiss my ass when it comes to deciding who to vote for.
That doesn’t mean I’m anti union I’m just pro American democracy.
You really went to the gutter on this one.
Just proof that "you just cant fix stupid,"

All these politicians have allegiance to money. They have the best deal in town all the time. Even the ones that act like they are concerned, they are getting paid also. Things will only change when the politicians get cut off from all their deals and free benefits and have to live like us.
You are right of course.

Maybe start with something a little smaller first, like your UNION. Practice makes perfect and all that.

Larry (YouCanFixStupid), Curly (1986Mekanic), and Moe (P. REZ) have really put on a good show.

I just love slapstick.

giphy.gif

Today’s politicians on both sides care nothing about the American worker they are only interested in their own power.
Either through high taxation or other non work friendly legislation.
The democratic left to me is the most harmful but the republicans have failed in many areas as well.
The one thing Trump has done is tried to bring jobs back to America and to try and stop the influx of those who cross our borders illegally.
The rate of unemployment has never been lower, you can say whatever you want about him but he has helped our country in many ways despite some of his other misgivings.

Now forget politics and let’s work on getting a good contract before we have to wait too long and our economy begins to slow or fall.

Well right now, with the saber rattling (on both sides) with IRAN, I just hope there won't be a shooting war over there. We all don't need the price of oil rising because of tensions or an incident. This will ruin all of the gains of the economy recovering, and if that happens, then all bets are off. If things turn sideways over there, IMHO, it will be worse than 2008-09. It will affect us all in the worse possible way with high oil prices and the subsequent layoffs that may follow. I hope that the India flights that we have return (that's a lot of lost revenue) but things don't look too good right now.

Please let cooler heads prevail. Sorry about injecting a bit of politics involved, but this will affect all of us if things go bad and someone dies.

Well right now, with the saber rattling (on both sides) with IRAN, I just hope there won't be a shooting war over there. We all don't need the price of oil rising because of tensions or an incident. This will ruin all of the gains of the economy recovering, and if that happens, then all bets are off. If things turn sideways over there, IMHO, it will be worse than 2008-09. It will affect us all in the worse possible way with high oil prices and the subsequent layoffs that may follow. I hope that the India flights that we have return (that's a lot of lost revenue) but things don't look too good right now.

Please let cooler heads prevail. Sorry about injecting a bit of politics involved, but this will affect all of us if things go bad and someone dies.
Doesnt matter doug said " we will never lose money again!"

Reactions: swamt

DECEMBER 10, 2018

U.S. oil production was estimated at 11.7 million barrels a day during the week ending November 16, over 2 million barrels per day more than during the same time period in 2017—a 21-percent increase. For perspective, the increase is almost equivalent to all of Mexico’s production in 2017. The Energy Information Administration expects oil production to average 10.9 million barrels per day this year and over 12 million barrels per day in 2019. U.S. oil production has doubled in the past eight years due to oil produced by hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling in shale basins. Earlier this year, the United States had overtaken oil production in Saudi Arabia and Russia on a monthly basis, making it the world’s top oil producing nation. In less than a decade, U.S. companies have drilled 114,000 wells in the Permian Basin of Texas alone and many of them could turn a profit with crude prices as low as $30 a barrel.

https://www.instituteforenergyresea...MI4r6p6rWC4wIVj43ICh0mQgxhEAAYASAAEgLl5vD_BwE

New sanctions on Iran just announced.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cb...iran-sanctions-order-2019-06-24-live-updates/

Reactions: robbedagain

It's already to political for me.

DECEMBER 10, 2018

U.S. oil production was estimated at 11.7 million barrels a day during the week ending November 16, over 2 million barrels per day more than during the same time period in 2017—a 21-percent increase. For perspective, the increase is almost equivalent to all of Mexico’s production in 2017. The Energy Information Administration expects oil production to average 10.9 million barrels per day this year and over 12 million barrels per day in 2019. U.S. oil production has doubled in the past eight years due to oil produced by hydraulic fracturing and horizontal drilling in shale basins. Earlier this year, the United States had overtaken oil production in Saudi Arabia and Russia on a monthly basis, making it the world’s top oil producing nation. In less than a decade, U.S. companies have drilled 114,000 wells in the Permian Basin of Texas alone and many of them could turn a profit with crude prices as low as $30 a barrel.

https://www.instituteforenergyresea...MI4r6p6rWC4wIVj43ICh0mQgxhEAAYASAAEgLl5vD_BwE

This is all great but oil is a commodity if overseas oil is disrupted US supplies will become more expensive.
If our union leaders don’t understand the clock is ticking on getting an agreement in hand that provides some not all but some improvements then we will come out loosing a lot in the end

Status
Not open for further replies.