American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Snap backs after out of BK for a certain time frame and back to making profits again for the company, as well as others I do believe.

If we even had that, they would have filled for BK sooner than 2011.

Almost the same letter we got at SWA about our "relationship" between management and the mechanics. All about the safety. The letter to us was much more severe. But the same intent.
Odd to sit here and watch the exact same playbook play out at AA as it did at SWA.

SWA was touted as a successful campaign to emulate. They only talked about the money, not the added foreign maintenance language.

Seems the leadership is very good at picking out the good and ignoring the unfavorable.

TRO or PRO. What does it really matter ? There was and isn't any concerted effort by the unions to disrupt operations! Every AMT could work all the OT the company offers, drink 15 redbulls to work at 150% of his capabilities , and have a union rep. out on the plane whipping him like a racehorse. It still wouldn't fix the operational problems that AA finds themselves in. The facts are that SMALL MINDED IDEAS FROM A DESERT LLC ALWAYS ON THE BRINK OF BANKRUPTCY DON'T NECESSARILY WORK AT THE WORLD'S LARGEST AIRLINE!!! They are clueless on how to steer the ship. They are lagging their competitors in most all metrics. They have pissed off the vast majority of their employees from all departments with their incompetence and not to mention greed. The kingpins of this company are simply scapegoating the AMT unions for their own inability to properly run the airline in good economic times. Why do you think they filed a bogus lawsuit in a federal courthouse with a track record of siding with AA virtually every time.? Can you say Rubber stamp? Samuelson told Isom how the cow ate the cabbage AFTER AA had already filed suit. People can despise or worship the Association. doesn't matter. Because until the SMALL MINDED people running this outfit either get replaced or pull their heads out of their posteriors , the whole place will remain dysfunctional. Point the finger at the root of the problem first!

SWA was touted as a successful campaign to emulate. They only talked about the money, not the added foreign maintenance language.

Seems the leadership is very good at picking out the good and ignoring the unfavorable.
Oh I hear ya. Most people only look at the $$$. This time around it was mostly scope and full retro at the top of the list. Once they went over the usual 2 years, it was full retro and scope tied for 1st place. We saw SWA was going to purposely drag ours out for a minimum 5 years as said by the co. nego team after GK said it also.
It wasn't really added foreign maint. It was only 4 more added that were already being done as outsourcing. Part of the eight lines they lost from UAL outbidding. So same exact amount still being outsourced just moved 4 more lines from USA outsourcing to foreign outsourcing. But, as you say, yes it is a negative move IMO by going foreign, don't like that at all. All other scope was saved in article 2 and abandon by the company on any ask with scope. Most are looking at the foreign O/S as the same amount to help them get over the fact that they are sending more (even though already being outsourced before) to foreign outsourcing. All the airlines are doing the same now, and AMFA, TWU have been getting more and more stricter rules laid down by foreign outsourcing. And I am sure you will even see and hear more pressure from AMFA soon.
NYer, I really hope you guys don't go as long as we did, it sucked waiting so long. Hopefully we will see an extension like Kinder said next time around. Good luck...

TRO or PRO. What does it really matter ? There was and isn't any concerted effort by the unions to disrupt operations! Every AMT could work all the OT the company offers, drink 15 redbulls to work at 150% of his capabilities , and have a union rep. out on the plane whipping him like a racehorse. It still wouldn't fix the operational problems that AA finds themselves in. The facts are that SMALL MINDED IDEAS FROM A DESERT LLC ALWAYS ON THE BRINK OF BANKRUPTCY DON'T NECESSARILY WORK AT THE WORLD'S LARGEST AIRLINE!!! They are clueless on how to steer the ship. They are lagging their competitors in most all metrics. They have pissed off the vast majority of their employees from all departments with their incompetence and not to mention greed. The kingpins of this company are simply scapegoating the AMT unions for their own inability to properly run the airline in good economic times. Why do you think they filed a bogus lawsuit in a federal courthouse with a track record of siding with AA virtually every time.? Can you say Rubber stamp? Samuelson told Isom how the cow ate the cabbage AFTER AA had already filed suit. People can despise or worship the Association. doesn't matter. Because until the SMALL MINDED people running this outfit either get replaced or pull their heads out of their posteriors , the whole place will remain dysfunctional. Point the finger at the root of the problem first!

The video was from May 21st. The Injunction complaint was filed May 21st.

Getting rid of the CEO worked with Crandall, but then we had to get rid Carty. Eventually we got rid of Carty too, but then we got Arpey. Hey, we got rid of Arpey, as well. Then we got and had to get rid of Horton. Luckily, he was gone fast but now we have to get rid of Parker & Isom. To be continued...

Getting rid of the CEO worked with Crandall, but then we had to get rid Carty. Eventually we got rid of Carty too, but then we got Arpey. Hey, we got rid of Arpey, as well. Then we got and had to get rid of Horton. Luckily, he was gone fast but now we have to get rid of Parker & Isom. To be continued...

I think you overestimate the twu’s role in CEO replacement. Only Carty was removed because of poor relationships with unions and probably was really replaced because of the bone headed TWA purchase. I don’t think the executives or BOD, care about employees. This isn’t delta

I actually think the employees are for the most part very good a seeing what are bad ideas because of our daily view of the operation.

For instance the TWA purchase. And of course Samuelson threatening Isom in public and posting to YouTube, we all saw that as a mistake and we would be put on the back burner.

Not one member said the association was going to be a great idea.

I think you overestimate the twu’s role in CEO replacement. Only Carty was removed because of poor relationships with unions and probably was really replaced because of the bone headed TWA purchase. I don’t think the executives or BOD, care about employees. This isn’t delta

I actually think the employees are for the most part very good a seeing what are bad ideas because of our daily view of the operation.

For instance the TWA purchase. And of course Samuelson threatening Isom in public and posting to YouTube, we all saw that as a mistake and we would be put on the back burner.

Point was that we're always look to removing the CEO as a solution. Been doing that for now than 30 years. It isn't a solution, it just gives us a different name to insert.

In the context of the TWA purchase it wasn't a bad idea, but it did have bad running.

The Association has had a bad execution, but the alternative would have been worse and we'd probably be further behind in negotiations.

There has been an almost complete radio silence, by the TWU and Association, since then.

It'll be interesting to see how they try to overcome this setback. Where will they try to lay any blame.

May 21st , May 21st! Nice subterfuge. I reiterate that AA had already filed the suit before Samuelson ever told Isom how the cow ate the cabbage (pointing out within the confines of the RLA). If you have proof and not conjecture please supply us with it. If not then please explain your reasoning in trying to aide AA in painting my workgroup as engaging in an illegal job action. Hurt feelings that lil Jimmy left you and Phat Don to unsuccessfully fend for yourselves?

My feelings are hurt because I wasn't allowed to vote on the TWU/IAM debacle commonly referred to as the ASS (short for Association).
Other than that, negotiations with Samuelson and all are just peachy, wouldn't you say.

Contract has been amendable for 10 months, not 5 years.

Technically 10 months, but not unlike all the other unions on the property - not to mention the "at will" employees - they all got new contracts and raises shortly after the merge in 2013 - so should have we. In fact, here they are starting negotiations on a second contract since the merge. For the few TWU apologists, I think everybody pretty much expected a new joint contract in 2014 - 2015 at the latest. So really, 5 years isn't that much of a reach. I know, I'm not the only one that feels that way.

Not happy at all with the association being jammed down our throats. Asinine concept from the word go. But Jim Little sold us out for whatever it was that he got from Trumka and the IAM. But the bigshots from the desert LLC are and will remain the biggest obstacle for getting a fair and equitable contract. They think the negotiations with the Association are toxic,,, just wait till it gets ugly with the APA and APFA. Thats when the fun is really going to start.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back