American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven’t seen any new info come out of the NMB or association, just work like you’re getting paid as an airline mechanic.

Samuelson really showed Isom who’s in charge. We are at 16 years of this contract, not sure at what point Samuelson will feel the need to negotiate. Sorry I forget he’s not a mechanic at AA or for that matter an employee of AA. Or even accountable to the membership (employees of AA)

I’m getting sick of hearing from union goons, if it wasn’t for unions Delta wouldn’t be making what they make. Yeah they would be making what we make.

It's Fleets fault?

C'mon now.

There are many thousands more mechanics at LAA than any other airline, including UAL.

Matter of fact, there are almost as many mechanics and related as there are FSC.

For now, the "and relateds" are no longer wanted by the company.

But what is United’s mechanic to plane ratio.

This is where the numbers get skewed. It should be A&P Mechanic to Aircraft ratio, otherwise anybody even remotely considered having a maintenance function is unfairly included in the ratio.

Just a side note.....in 2001 when we got that great contract, Little got a pay raise he said “You guys get a raise, I get a raise” seems fair.

In 2003 when we took the pay cuts Little kept his pay raise, but now his compensation was “Well I control 250k members and my compensation is equivalent to the pay of a CEO of equivalent size company” that’s the way I remember it.

TWU Officer pay raises are automatic, per the Constitution. They go up based on the average pay raises received in contracts across all across each Division during any particular year.

TWU They go up based on the average pay raises received in contracts across all across each Division during any particular year.

the 2016 raises were out of contract...i wonder if the big shooters got raises too?

10,284 twu fsc in january of 2019. just checked and we're at 10,058 twu fsc.

the company says they are growing mainline aa, yet, our twu ranks are shrinking.

what the twu fears is already occurring. airline boom times, yet, we're shrinking. are iam ramp agent numbers growing?

the twu loses every shell game.

So Tim are you saying we can expect nothing to happen this year?
I thought the NMB was going to set dates for more talks.
Is the Ass stalling on that and not wanting that or what?
Somebody has to know the real scoop here because the damn Ass sure aren’t saying anything since those separate meetings
Let's see. Asso did say they were waiting on hearing from the NMB the following week. That following week is the current week we are in. Meeting was held 8-15, update came on 8-16 Fri. here we are 4/5's into said week and still nothing from the NMB as promised by the asso.
Matt, you still think a new contract is right around the corner? No way, not even close. Not a peep from anyone.

i think the association benefitted me and lus. Took care of our seniority and i vastly advanced with major pay and benefit gains

all the money right there. i had brought up seniority issues when i first started posting.

it may have been a rocky road for you with piedmont and us air, but, you were given a lucky lottery ticket when we merged.

Reactions: 787nightmare
Let's see. Asso did say they were waiting on hearing from the NMB the following week. That following week is the current week we are in. Meeting was held 8-15, update came on 8-16 Fri. here we are 4/5's into said week and still nothing from the NMB as promised by the asso.
Matt, you still think a new contract is right around the corner? No way, not even close. Not a peep from anyone.

The stupid union leaders try to paint a rosy picture with their wacko updates, truth is ICE Baby ,, Ice... Nothing will move forward until the court case is finished.

And as far as the CBA is concerned, we will never see an ILC until headcount is right sized, which is what will happen after we all leave in the next 5-10 years, as very few want to do this job in this country. IAM has the best contact in the industry hands down at AA,, and they're not going to let that go until they are forced by the courts or RLA. Face it, we were sold a pipe dream by the ASS telling us we would get the best of both agreements yet they have been unable to produce it and never will.

the 2016 raises were out of contract...i wonder if the big shooters got raises too?

10,284 twu fsc in january of 2019. just checked and we're at 10,058 twu fsc.

the company says they are growing mainline aa, yet, our twu ranks are shrinking.

what the twu fears is already occurring. airline boom times, yet, we're shrinking. are iam ramp agent numbers growing?

the twu loses every shell game.
LUS is gaining. We are now over 7,000 and closing. Whoever is in charge of the ratio balance doesn't seem to be paying attention. I think TWU had about 70% of the total at the time of the Association agreement. Looks like it is approaching only 60% now. In fact, this is the most we have had since 2000 after we signed our first IAM contract and they whacked 80 stations. We had 8,400 back then.

Why do we all bother arguing and pretending we know what is realty going on or going to happen?
This Association is proven to keep us in the dark.

We are Burning Daylight and $2500 plus per month with rumor and innuendo

It is really a simple fix to stop the bleeding

SIGN CARDS
LEAVE ASSOCIATION, IAM, TWU, and FLEET SERVICE

Mechanic and Related Status and Future will Immediately Improve

Why do we all bother arguing and pretending we know what is realty going on or going to happen?
This Association is proven to keep us in the dark.

We are Burning Daylight and $2500 plus per month with rumor and innuendo

It is really a simple fix to stop the bleeding

SIGN CARDS
LEAVE ASSOCIATION, IAM, TWU, and FLEET SERVICE

Mechanic and Related Status and Future will Immediately Improve
And just what would happen to the articles that have been TAed? Those belong to the Association, ya you’re a real genius dude!!

And just what would happen to the articles that have been TAed? Those belong to the Association, ya you’re a real genius dude!!
They belong to no one. Nothing has been finalized to bring it to a vote. Articles can be modified to compensate for articles that have yet to be T/A'd. I doubt we will start from the beginning. Too bad it won't happen. Changing representation for M&E and related is like trying to salvage the Titanic in one piece.

They belong to no one. Nothing has been finalized to bring it to a vote. Articles can be modified to compensate for articles that have yet to be T/A'd. I doubt we will start from the beginning. Too bad it won't happen. Changing representation for M&E and related is like trying to salvage the Titanic in one piece.
I could care less who the language belongs to, and it’s the Association who Ultimately is the rightful owner, but my point is to start off with a clean sheet of paper, and that’s what you’ll get with this stupid card drive I keep hearing about, not to mention years of crafting new language. Yep..... real man of genius moment there dude.

I could care less who the language belongs to, and it’s the Association who Ultimately is the rightful owner, but my point is to start off with a clean sheet of paper, and that’s what you’ll get with this stupid card drive I keep hearing about, not to mention years of crafting new language. Yep..... real man of genius moment there dude.
You keep hearing and Assume. That's the problem. No one really knows. The association is an experiment that has yet to be proven. But we can believe what we think is the truth or what will happen.

You really need to educate yourself in Railway Labor Act and who the Union really is

Ignorance combined with a loud mouth is why we remain in this position
Forrest - Forrest Gump

You are wrong, but let's play stupid and assume you were correct, exactly what language is it that you hold so dear and fear we would lose anyway?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.