American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
C'mon. The old CBA had an LOA about outsourcing maintenance which had a drop dead provision. The TA turned down didn't reinstate the outsourcing, but the TA after the legal issues reintroduced an LOA with outsourcing, including foreign outsourcing.

SWA got more money, but SWA got to keep outsourcing language that would have gone away with the first TA.
Although the foreign outsourcing did happen it was not added outsourcing as you are indicating. Some rather large things changed between offer 1 and offer 2. SWA lost 8 lines of maint slots at a vendor within the states, United way underbidded SWA to be sure that they would win all 8 slots. So if you really wanna know who, go complain at the teamsters over at United who just allowed an increase in outsourcing as those were all 8 new slots for United to outsource. SWA looked for another vendor within the states to handle all 8 slots and none in the states had room for SWA, they were all booked full, so they were forced to look overseas. Although we did not like it, most were fed up with waiting so long for a new contract and since it did not increase the current levels of outsourcing and article 2 remained untouched, all previous protections were brought back into the body of the contract and more in house maint added as well, it pretty much was a no brainer. Pretty hard to turn down an ILC with full retro + more, 23% increase for 2019 and the outgoing years averaged 3.25% each and every year. IL PS and 401K & retirement. There were other additions that better benefited the membership in vac, floating holidays and time off as well as lesser restrictions with calling in sick on day trades.
With all that said NYer, I still do not agree with the foreign outsourcing at all, not one bit. However I was a yes voter this time around. Why? Because we were tired of being beat down and sitting idle for so long with no pay raises while watching all the other airlines enjoy their new raises.
Some other changes that were agreed to was the addition of hiring more mechanics if we were to vote it in and they are and will pick up hiring in 2020. What morons would not vote for that??? Oh yea 4% of the morons voted no, but those are your dead set no voters every time no matter what the offers are.
Now were just moving on with life and enjoying a new contract that our NC fought long and hard for. If the membership did not fully support our NC's then article 2 would have been decimated, no full retro, a mere 13.8% snap up, and an average of 2.1% raises per year and with unlimited foreign and local outsourcing, not to mention "C" checks would have all been gone along with 2 lines of heavy maint in Dallas.
And now you know the rest of the story. We would have been stupid to not vote that 2nd offer in NYer. I will say the company knew they had to pad the retro with millions more to ensure a yes vote with the 8 lines of maint. they desperately needed in a hurry.

Although the foreign outsourcing did happen it was not added outsourcing as you are indicating. Some rather large things changed between offer 1 and offer 2. SWA lost 8 lines of maint slots at a vendor within the states, United way underbidded SWA to be sure that they would win all 8 slots. So if you really wanna know who, go complain at the teamsters over at United who just allowed an increase in outsourcing as those were all 8 new slots for United to outsource. SWA looked for another vendor within the states to handle all 8 slots and none in the states had room for SWA, they were all booked full, so they were forced to look overseas. Although we did not like it, most were fed up with waiting so long for a new contract and since it did not increase the current levels of outsourcing and article 2 remained untouched, all previous protections were brought back into the body of the contract and more in house maint added as well, it pretty much was a no brainer. Pretty hard to turn down an ILC with full retro + more, 23% increase for 2019 and the outgoing years averaged 3.25% each and every year. IL PS and 401K & retirement. There were other additions that better benefited the membership in vac, floating holidays and time off as well as lesser restrictions with calling in sick on day trades.
With all that said NYer, I still do not agree with the foreign outsourcing at all, not one bit. However I was a yes voter this time around. Why? Because we were tired of being beat down and sitting idle for so long with no pay raises while watching all the other airlines enjoy their new raises.
Some other changes that were agreed to was the addition of hiring more mechanics if we were to vote it in and they are and will pick up hiring in 2020. What morons would not vote for that??? Oh yea 4% of the morons voted no, but those are your dead set no voters every time no matter what the offers are.
Now were just moving on with life and enjoying a new contract that our NC fought long and hard for. If the membership did not fully support our NC's then article 2 would have been decimated, no full retro, a mere 13.8% snap up, and an average of 2.1% raises per year and with unlimited foreign and local outsourcing, not to mention "C" checks would have all been gone along with 2 lines of heavy maint in Dallas.
And now you know the rest of the story. We would have been stupid to not vote that 2nd offer in NYer. I will say the company knew they had to pad the retro with millions more to ensure a yes vote with the 8 lines of maint. they desperately needed in a hurry.

Copy. The Association will also play up the money and downplay the inevitable higher outsourcing.

The Association has drawn a line and set an expectation they can't meet. The RLA makes it difficult to prevent everything but the Members have been brought to the belief all the need is to fight to get everything they want.

Last edited:
Copy. The Association will also play up the money and downplay the inevitable higher outsourcing.

The Association has drawn a line and set an expectation they can't meet. The RLA makes it difficult to prevent everything but the Members have been bright to the belief all the need is to fight to get everything they want.
Not all of us...

The Association has drawn a line and set an expectation they can't meet. The RLA makes it difficult to prevent everything but the Members have been brought to the belief all the need is to fight to get everything they want.
It wasn't that SWA played up the money, they just wanted to ensure the results, and they did that by an overpay of several millions dollars to get it done.
In your alls case I believe you guys will see way more outsourcing for the money. Including international as well, so stop with the bashing of outsourcing. It is coming to you guys as well, and only much more harder, watch and learn. The results will speak for themselves how bad this asso is for the membership.

It's a different airline with different finances and a different industry, PS is part of the equation at other airlines.

It may be that we haven't seen how they'll offset the PS, but it's on their table.

It would be very hard for the Association to refuse an enhancement even if it modified the Scope (doubtful airline would make that exchange)

The Association, more like the TWU side, has been very vocal about an enhanced PS. If offered, they won't be able to push it away. If anything, they'll try to use it as an example of what their "bloody summer" was able to gain.
I just dont trust the union. Im certain the union will lose the court case and it will do all it can to concede MORE items that can be buried.
We work with absolute retards who fall for the union bs everytime.
Ive told these dopes about their pensions, and other rip offs, but they dummies man. They stupid as crap.
Nice people but damn near ignorant as heck. Then they blast me just like they blast me now cuz they want to believe stupid chiat from the union. .

I just dont trust the union. Im certain the union will lose the court case and it will do all it can to concede MORE items that can be buried.
We work with absolute retards who fall for the union bs everytime.
Ive told these dopes about their pensions, and other rip offs, but they dummies man. They stupid as crap.
Nice people but damn near ignorant as heck. Then they blast me just like they blast me now cuz they want to believe stupid chiat from the union. .
and friend you prove this with your every post

Once again we be below both DL n UA. The question now should be what will be DP response in wage areas for TOS

It's pretty clear our labor representative is pretty much failing us in every single area. I challenge anyone to illuminate one area where there performance is above par.

Kinda makes you wonder why the hell do we even have a union as we go further down with no raises in site

If you listen to our union guys, they get raises because we are in a union. Makes total sense that we wouldn’t get a raise because we are in a union.

I wonder if the delta guys are forced to pay some organization in order to work at delta.

Outstanding. Congrats to the Delta employees! And 4%. More than the industry average. Also some great news about this years PS.
Anyone know where that will put a top out mechanic at Delta? Will this 2019 raise pass SWA's AMT's pay scale?? UAL???
I too think it will be interesting going forward in AA's nego's. IF there will be any future nego's. As of now the ice continues...

Outstanding. Congrats to the Delta employees! And 4%. More than the industry average. Also some great news about this years PS.
Anyone know where that will put a top out mechanic at Delta? Will this 2019 raise pass SWA's AMT's pay scale?? UAL???
I too think it will be interesting going forward in AA's nego's. IF there will be any future nego's. As of now the ice continues...

$46.72

It's pretty clear our labor representative is pretty much failing us in every single area. I challenge anyone to illuminate one area where there performance is above par.
Total failure is all you can say at this point for the Association. It really gets you wondering why we are paying dues. Add to this a management group that inspires no confidence at all in how they operate the airline. A real stellar environment for the work force to have morale fall off a cliff.

If you listen to our union guys, they get raises because we are in a union. Makes total sense that we wouldn’t get a raise because we are in a union.

I wonder if the delta guys are forced to pay some organization in order to work at delta.
The IRS.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back