American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
They were non-union, lost their vacation, sick time, OJI time, 40% were downgraded to part-time, lost mail, freight and Express work. Many were laid off and pensions were frozen.

Didn’t happen to the unionized workforce. Their concessions were negotiated and voted on.

Most of which also happened to union members in recent years.

Now tell me why people shouldn't be demanding results from the current negotiating team.

Or is your premise that the rank and file should just suck it up because "it could be worse."

As one who began as non union then joined after the US Piedmont merger I can tell you I’ve seen very little benefits from the union.
Most of what I’ve seen is very slow in negotiating contracts which in my opinion cost me money.
I’m forced into a pension when I had a 401 match and my pay rates and seniority isn’t my hire date so I’m disadvantaged there as well.
So tell me why I should be thankful for the union.
Sorry haven’t seen much benefit

Bundesarchiv_Bild_146-1982-089-18%2C_Waffenstillstand_von_Compi%C3%A8gne%2C_Unterh%C3%A4ndler.jpg

071940.jpg
I dont see anyone coming to rescue us no june 6.The union stance against AA is tantamount to Irans stance against US now they might briefly disrupt oil flow but in the end they will likely be bombed into the stone age

Go ask a LUS fleet service person about what happened to them in 1992 when they were non-union.
And there is a reason why the airlines are one of the most highly unionized industries.
Dude i lost more with the union on site,and you were a big part of that

Now im hearing Dl+1% and i dont like it unless they change the PS.Id still like a higher hourly this company has too many employees to divide the pot

Now im hearing Dl+1% and i dont like it unless they change the PS.Id still like a higher hourly this company has too many employees to divide the pot

Where did you get Delta +1?

Which by the way is still 6% more than where we are now.

in the meantime...the numbers are bad and the delays & cancellations pile up.

i'm hoping for the good of all, we have a TA by the end of the week.
Me too. Just not gonna expect any T/A. I would still find it hard to get to a T/A even after this second week. But, if that is the case I would be nervous about just how much (bad) movement was made, but we will see if T/A comes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back