American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ashes to ashes, funk to funky
We know Major Tom's a junkie
Strung out on heaven's high
Hitting an all-time low

One of my favorite Bowie songs. I wish he would have made it a trilogy. I feel like he sort of left us hanging with Major Tom strung out somewhere up in heaven. I don't think there was a third Bowie-written song about Major Tom.

AMP organizing committee information sheet

“ You guys don’t know what you are doing!”
Quoted - Pat Kinnamon – Local 514 Chairman of Maintenance

We know exactly what we are doing, and can even explain why we are doing this.

THE PROBLEM

Here is a quote from the Railway Labor Act
The RAILWAY LABOR ACT § 152. General duties

Fourth….
Employees shall have the right to organize and bargain collectively through representatives of their own choosing. The majority of any craft or class of employees shall have the right to determine who shall be the representative of the craft or class for the purposes of this chapter.

THIS DOESN’T SAY WE CAN OR WILL BE FORCED INTO AN ASSOCIATION OF DUAL FIGHTING UNIONS WITHOUT A VOTE OF THE MEMBERSHIP LIKE WHAT HAS HAPPENED TO US AT AMERICAN AIRLINES. THIS ABOMINATION OF UNIONISM WAS HANDED TO YOU ON APRIL 15th, 2015. OVER 3 YEARS AGO.

We have all waited for the Association to produce that “quick” Joint Collective Bargaining Agreement (JCBA) that Sean Doyle TWU International Representative promised us at meetings held on the Tulsa Base. TWU promised us a ballot, promised us the Association was the fastest way to the JCBA. Now we know the truth. The Association requested AA Management to keep all proceedings in negotiations secret.

After 3 years of sitting and waiting, many of us on the Tulsa Base have finally had enough. Enough Lies, Enough Misinformation, Enough Broken Promises, Enough Silencing of our Local Leadership. The Association even removed our President Dale Danker from the negotiating room asking him to be the water boy for those still in the room. Talk about a slap in the face. This left Local 514 without a voice in the negotiating room.

American Airlines management began disclosing the details of the company’s proposal, and told us why they agreed to secret negotiations, and why they decided to come out with the facts. Basically the Association lied to management destroying the credibility of our union.

Management knows we don’t support this Association. Management knows we never got to vote. Management knows the Association is an illegitimate representation and that we didn’t choose this and allowed by the Railway Labor Act. And since Management has lost all respect for the Association, negotiations have indeed completely stalled.

The MEMBERSHIP NEEDS A SINGLE UNION, A SINGLE VOICE, AND ONE THAT IS VOTED IN BY THE MAJORITY.

NOT THIS ILLEGITMATE ABOMINATION OF UNIONISM NEVER BEFORE SEEN IN LABOR HISTORY.

THE SOLUTION

To obtain the vote promised by the Railway Labor Act, we must sign authorization cards showing interest of at least 50% plus one of the eligible members in any craft or class.
Our craft or class is designated by the National Mediation Board.

And this Craft or Class is made of everyone in Title 1 and Title 2 along with planners, schedulers, trainers, ect. Or it is easier to say everyone except Stock Clerks and Fleet Service Clerks whom have their own craft or class and can also do what we are doing on their own accord.

Here are some Highlights of the AMP Constitution and why we chose this path.
AMP is an independent union just like the American Airlines Pilots and Flight Attendants. Both have been respected and treated far better than we have since American and USAir merged.

AMP prohibits the blackout of communication to membership, including contract negotiation proposals from Management and the Union.
AMP will return the line station locals removed by TWU International. And the President and Vice-President of each Local will sit on a Board of Directors; giving a voice back to membership in different locations across the system.

AMP will be made up of only members from the Mechanic and Related craft or class. We will no longer be combined with other groups and called “ground workers”. We will demand the respect that maintenance professionals deserve. Our piece of the negotiation pie will no longer be looted by other work groups simply because they out number us. We will be the majority in AMP.

AMP will have direct election of National Officers and recall of National Officers. The days of good ol’e boy appointees will become a thing of the past.

AMP is an independent union only representing American Airlines members in the craft or class of Mechanic and Related. This will keep the focus of National Officers and Board of Directors only upon our needs as employees of American Airlines.

AMP dues base will be $1.4 million per month based on the 2 hours pay per month dues rate. $16 million per year. Remember both the AA Pilots and the AA Flight Attendants started similar independent unions from a startup and succeeded. We can too!

AMP will be One Union, One Voice voted on by the membership via the National Mediation Board ballot. No more Dual Fighting Unions destroying our jobs.

AMP will immediately request AA management to engage in negotiations to quickly complete contract negotiations. We will be focused only on Mechanic and Related issues instead of 7 work groups negotiating at once as with this illegitimate Association.

The Positives of AMP and making this move now are extremely beneficial to the Mechanic and Related Craft of Class that we cannot delay. We need to sign the authorization cards to get a ONE Union, ONE Voice vote by the membership and quickly correct this horrible wrong.

This is a grass roots movement to eliminate the Association. Which is nothing more than an illegitimate un-voted on abomination of Unionism as it is meant to be.

SIGN AN AMP CARD AND TURN IT IN TODAY!!!

Enough,
First I will say I am a fleet service clerk. 30 years. For a great majority of my career I've heard about Mntc breaking away and joining a Mntc class only union, mostly AMFA. And for the majority of my career I have seen it go nowhere for a variety of reasons. I agree with what is posted about this association, believe me there are many in my work group who want no part of it and were pissed that no vote materialised.
Having said that, I wish you the best of luck if this truly is what you as a group really want. I will be disappointed seeing Mntc leave but I understand the reasoning behind it. In the end we all want the same thing, and if this is the best option for you then I support you 100%.

One of my favorite Bowie songs. I wish he would have made it a trilogy. I feel like he sort of left us hanging with Major Tom strung out somewhere up in heaven. I don't think there was a third Bowie-written song about Major Tom.

27 Studio albums I think it’s impossible for me to have a favorite Bowie song. Here’s a few more references possibly to Major Tom. Particularly check out Slow Burn, Pete Townshend is on the Guitar.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Major_Tom

And here’s a song just for the heck of it.

Dude, are you serious?

You admittedly work for AA in a represented workgroup -- This means that your entire career is governed by the Railway Labor Act. The National Right to Work legislation that the Trump GOP is working on, will weaken, and eventually eliminate this law altogether.

This pending legislation could very well be the reason the company is in no hurry for a JCBA, and prefers a lengthy Section 6...

If you think you are not affected, I suggest you do some research.

you can start here...
https://www.bna.com/trump-administration-puts-n57982083381/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/785

>SPIT<[/QUOTE
Dude, are you serious?

You admittedly work for AA in a represented workgroup -- This means that your entire career is governed by the Railway Labor Act. The National Right to Work legislation that the Trump GOP is working on, will weaken, and eventually eliminate this law altogether.

This pending legislation could very well be the reason the company is in no hurry for a JCBA, and prefers a lengthy Section 6...

If you think you are not affected, I suggest you do some research.

you can start here...
https://www.bna.com/trump-administration-puts-n57982083381/

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/785

>SPIT<
Until your legislation is enacted I stand by my statement. It still allows the union to steal money as a condition of employment and decide how and what political party the money is used on. I work in a closed shop and I still need my income. Thankfully I may change my representative soon and not have that problem. Even now, if my representative does their job I have no problem paying them. If I allow them to steal my money and they no longer do their job what since does that make?

Until your legislation is enacted I stand by my statement. It still allows the union to steal money as a condition of employment and decide how and what political party the money is used on. I work in a closed shop and I still need my income. Thankfully I may change my representative soon and not have that problem. Even now, if my representative does their job I have no problem paying them. If I allow them to steal my money and they no longer do their job what since does that make?
The IAM does not use dues money to support political candidates. They use voluntary contributions to the MNPL.

Well said Buck decided to check on you guys our page is pretty much useless, people with fake profiles just playing games, we have our own Version of 700.

Well said Buck decided to check on you guys our page is pretty much useless, people with fake profiles just playing games, we have our own Version of 700.

I am sure our latest visitors didn't know this forum existed until the fear of losing their job in the union happened. Any mechanic or related can transfer to Fleet Service`if they want to stay with the Association and TWU /IAM.

B737 I think you are correct.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back