American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I realize now that with no new news on our negotiations that the union and the will sign off on a contract. I think with this card drive that the association is worried. I personally would like to have a union that represents only aircraft maintenance!!!
I’m sure you meant to say GSE and facilities as well as aircraft maintenance

I'm not familiar with the difference between a CC or a Lead from a contractual perspective. Other than the title, I didn't think that the job was much different from one side or the other.

I'm not familiar with the difference between a CC or a Lead from a contractual perspective. Other than the title, I didn't think that the job was much different from one side or the other.

And you couldn't be more wrong. This topic was discussed at some length a few pages ago along with, yours truly, providing a succinct, authoritative, and robust explanation. My additional commentary and insights have caused a particular red Mustang-owning, MIA-based clerk and recently-absent board contributor to re-kindle his smoking and liquor affairs as a result (although the later would be absurd speculation on my behalf).

And you couldn't be more wrong. This topic was discussed at some length a few pages ago along with, yours truly, providing a succinct, authoritative, and robust explanation. My additional commentary and insights have caused a particular red Mustang-owning, MIA-based clerk and recently-absent board contributor to re-kindle his smoking and liquor affairs as a result (although the later would be absurd speculation on my behalf).

I suspect some sort of bastardized version of the two will happen

You're probably right rat, instead of one that will make both sides happy, it's probably gonna be something that's gonna piss everyone off.

I guess with all of the pissing matches that go on here, I must have missed it.

You're probably right rat, instead of one that will make both sides happy, it's probably gonna be something that's gonna piss everyone off.

Actually, any middle ground would be a huge improvement for the LUS Leads, much like many of the compromises between the LUS and LAA fleet contracts would be an improvement for LAA.

Can you please enlighten me as to what exactly the Crew Chief language is that you're referring to?
You mean where LAA Fleet Service premium is $2.09 and LAA Maintenance is $1.75?

You mean where LAA Fleet Service premium is $2.09 and LAA Maintenance is $1.75?

When will we be trading your $105,000 yearly salary for my $65,000 yearly salary?

We do that and I’ll glady give you both our $2,09 AND full pay for first day sick?

Do we have a deal?

Actually LAA fleet has the highest CC override in the industry...unless something has changed in the last couple of years...tough to get a CC raise when negotiating against yourself...

Actually LAA fleet has the highest CC override in the industry...unless something has changed in the last couple of years...tough to get a CC raise when negotiating against yourself...

Correct. And as a matter of fact the $2.20 offer from the Company takes that even higher, but still that’s only one aspect of any overall compensation package.

Buck wants to focus only on an area where it makes his agenda look good ignoring other areas that make his agenda look utterly and hopelessly ridiculous.

An AMT is paid in BASE wages far more than a FSC and also the last time I checked FSC don’t gain any License Premium Compensation either.

But let’s get back to focusing on that first day, half pay sick day for the poor downtrodden, mistreated Airline Mechanic. The poor souls.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back