American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
No problem. So why don’t I make as much as a pilot? After all when the plane is on auto pilot, maintenance is actually flying it!

Well a lot of people here want to compare us and we all work for the same Airline so you know what Metal, you and I should make the same as a Pilot then. Why not?

Many AMT posters here have Baggage Handler envy obviously. All they ever do is talk about us. We’re holding you back.

If we really are than I should be earning A LOT more than I am now?

Well a lot of people here want to compare us and we all work for the same Airline so you know what Metal, you and I should make the same as a Pilot then. Why not?

Many AMT posters here have Baggage Handler envy obviously. All they ever do is talk about us. We’re holding you back.

Another one Weez come on.Do you feel like you're walking around with a bullseye on your back and a sign that says "kick me"?This is Weez's world and the rest of us are squirrels trying to get a nut

Ok, many AMT posters are obsessed with your work group. Even more of a reason to rid yourselves of us mechanics...NO?

Are many baggage handlers obsessed with our desire to change representation?
After all, you can' t seem to contain yourself when it comes mechanics and who they may or may not wanting as a union.

Ok, many AMT posters are obsessed with your work group. Even more of a reason to rid yourselves of us mechanics...NO?

Metal for at least the 100th time I’ve probably said it on these boards. You’re Group(s) are free to do whatever you feel is best. I have ZERO control over keeping you with love close to my bosom or ridding myself of your overbearing foul stench.

I just don’t like your Members who want to leave trying to use my Group as your “excuse” and a very very very long “History” has said that you aren’t going anywhere at all. (And it’s even harder today)

You want me to be a LIAR for your cause? I’m sorry I’m just not going to do that.

Metal for at least the 100th time I’ve probably said it on these boards. You’re Group(s) are free to do whatever you feel is best. I have ZERO control over keeping you with love close to my bosom or ridding myself of your overbearing foul stench.

I just don’t like your Members who want to leave trying to use my Group as your “excuse” and a very very very long “History” has said that you aren’t going anywhere at all. (And it’s even harder today)

You want me to be a LIAR for your cause? I’m sorry I’m just not going to do that.
WeAAz, I understand your need to defend yourself and your work group. Personally I want out of the TWU. BECAUSE of a very very very long history of being screwed. I can't speak for those who offend you and yours!
You seem to take great pleasure in mocking mechanics who try to rid ourselves of the TWU and you don't expect any comeback?
You say you don't care but you can't help yourself with your brand of mockery and sarcasm.
Let us sink or swim on our own.

I am surprised you haven't retroactively mocked the flight attendants for leaving the TWU so long ago.

Are many baggage handlers obsessed with our desire to change representation?
After all, you can' t seem to contain yourself when it comes mechanics and who they may or may not wanting as a union.

I can’t contain myself when they try (And they’ve been doing it for years) to HIJACK every thread with their BS.

When one of them writes absolute complete BS just to spread their agenda ESPECIALLY if it’s about my Group, yea I’m going to body slam them.

Don’t worry Metal I’m not looking to get on any of their Facebook pages. No Likes, No Friend Requests, No Attention at all.

WeAAz, I understand your need to defend yourself and your work group. Personally I want out of the TWU. BECAUSE of a very very very long history of being screwed. I can't speak for those who offend you and yours!
You seem to take great pleasure in mocking mechanics who try to rid ourselves of the TWU and you don't expect any comeback?
You say you don't care but you can't help yourself with your brand of mockery and sarcasm.
Let us sink or swim on our own.

I am surprised you haven't retroactively mocked the flight attendants for leaving the TWU so long ago.

Get this through your head man. The “””MAJORITY””” does “””NOT””” want to leave. If they did you would “””NOT””” still be a part of the TWU or the IAM PERIOD.

How many years has this been going on now?

When everyone else went AMFA, LAA STAYED TWU and LUS STAYED IAM.

I can’t contain myself when they try (And they’ve been doing it for years) to HIJACK every thread with their BS.

When one of them writes absolute complete BS just to spread their agenda ESPECIALLY if it’s about my Group, yea I’m going to body slam them.

Don’t worry Metal I’m not looking to get on any of their Facebook pages. No Likes, No Friend Requests, No Attention at all.
Like I said I understand your defending you and yours. I can't speak for those whom you refer to. But as far as those of us who want out, all I am saying, we have more valid reasons than just blaming another work group for our woes.. That's all I'm saying....

Get this through your head man. The “””MAJORITY””” does “””NOT””” want to leave. If they did you would “””NOT””” still be a part of the TWU or the IAM PERIOD.

How many years has this been going on now?

When everyone else went AMFA, LAA STAYED TWU and LUS STAYED IAM.
Yes and the AMFA vote was lost by 50 or 60 votes. I can't recall exactly. Not a landslide but not a GREAT majority either.

Like I said I understand your defending you and yours. I can't speak for those whom you refer to. But as far as those of us who want out, all I am saying, we have more valid reasons than just blaming another work group for our woes.. That's all I'm saying....

If those posters were like you I wouldn’t behave the way I really DON’T want to behave. AND I think you would probably be an AMFA or AMP Member years ago.

But your hate for AMTS and you getting in our business constantly is where you get comments back like that. I don’t see to many mechanic reply’s to any fleet person then you. With bag handler envy as you call it Buck had a valid point about crew chief pay I didn’t see in his post where He bad mouth fleet he made his point. So you didn’t like it so you do what you always do. You write a jerk response back. You are a jerk and people respond back to you the way you treat them. And do not give that spin you don’t hate maintenance because your post and response show other wise. So you should be glad when we are in amp you can get the contract you want because us lousy mechanics you call us want be in your way. And instead of us getting the crumbs from the twu you will get it all . I’m sure stores will probably want there own union after we get amp. So weez you can have the association all to your self. AMTS will be happy with our own union and you will to with your own . So keep posting your hate for maintenance that will get a lot more AMP cards signed

And instead of us getting the crumbs from the twu you will get it all .

This is where you and others lose ALL credibility. You earn roughly $105,000 per year FT BASE pay. And that doesn’t even include any OT or your 401k Match.

You have the NERVE to say you’re making the crumbs? WTF, get real.

I make $40,000 per year BASE less than you and why don’t you go ask what the people over at ENVOY make per year. Hint: A hell of a lot less than you and I.

Crumbs?!?!?!? WOW!!!!!!

Yes and the AMFA vote was lost by 50 or 60 votes. I can't recall exactly. Not a landslide but not a GREAT majority either.

Metal I wanted to come back to this since Conehead commented.

What 50 or 60 votes? I don’t recall you guys sending in enough cards to the NMB to Call for a Representation election even much less an actual vote? Are you saying that you were 50 to 60 Cards short?

If that’s the case do you have a copy of the NMB decision saying that you were short?

And why would you file without an extra buffer anyway?

And BTW before the IBT is brought up as being in cahoots with the TWU again I need to ask why would they be? What would be in it for the IBT?

The IBT left the AFL/CIO in 2005 just so they could raid other Unions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back