American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Bro, one remark is not an Obsession. If that were the case, we all are obsessed. So again, leave me alone. Your stability is in question, please leave me alone.

I’m going to ask the same thing.

Bro, one remark is not an Obsession. If that were the case, we all are obsessed. So again, leave me alone. Your stability is in question, please leave me alone.

I’m going to ask the same thing.

At least be original...I like the deal I just made better.

That's my biggest problem. The IAM gets what they want the longer they stall or refuse to agree on anything. Meanwhile the TWU continues to suffer. Although we should not be quick to accept anything his analogy of a starving man being told to not eat the hamburger is more like the guy telling him to ignore the hamburger just finished his own hamburger and is ordering desert. I have a great idea... How about the IAM and TWU swap benefits for the next two years? Then we can sit tight and wait while they live with what we have now. Also let them pay the medical premiums we pay today while we get theirs. Then we'll be taking home more $$$ than they are plus work one week less than they do a year. I would bet their attitudes would change.

A more accurate analogy may be that there is a man eating a ham sandwich being told by another man eating steak not to accept the hamburger because he should wait until he gets the steak.

OldGuy@AA,

We are trying to secure better wages, retirement, scope and insurance for all. You would think we would all stick together on these. Geez, unbelievable.

P. Rez

Desperation? Fear? Greed?

I want all those things BTW so you guys just keep staying the course.

P. REZ,

I think if updates had more clarity and transparency, frustration might not be as prevalent.
We ALL have complained about the updates. I haven't seen any nor do I posses Desperation, Fear or Greed. Looking forward to a fair contract soon.

At least be original...I like the deal I just made better.

I knew you couldn’t leave me alone. I’m too important to you.

A more accurate analogy may be that there is a man eating a ham sandwich being told by another man eating steak not to accept the hamburger because he should wait until he gets the steak.

With the raise you gave yourself you’re eating everything in sight. Ham, Steak, Cheeseburgers,
Cheese, Cheese, Cheese, Tacos, Cheese.

CD1AEB36-EEAE-4149-9BB8-3D1C8E1D7C69.jpeg

Ah...so now you tell me what I think?
It helps the IAM and hurts the TWU PERIOD is not an answer to my question. So I ask you, Why are you afraid to stand up and support the NC in their quest for the best possible deal they can get?
To answer your question.. What am I afraid of? Concerned is a better word. It is Just that there are members that are starving for any agreement as long as it appears to be slightly Tasty. I see it this way.... if you put a hamburger in front of a hungry man he’s gonna gobble it up. That man will be hungry again in a day or two. But , tell that man........ I know you are hungry but please don’t eat that burger now, no matter how tasty it may look...wait a little longer and you will be able to eat steak forever. What is better in the long term? So I guess I’m concerned that people will only see the burger and that they will only
Look at the here and now. They will not worry about being hungry tomorrow. Then when tomorrow comes, they will say “Damn, I wish I had waited” BUT IT WILL BE TO LATE.
That is not just in regards to medical. That also includes SCOPE, Wages, and retirement.
And what do you think in our case at SWA when we haven't had a deal in 6 years. And they are offering most of our back pay , a 7 dollar an hour raise and 6 months of backpay to April 1-th on the new pay scale, and no loss in scope. If you look at some of the hot heads 1 to 5 years on the job, haven't even begin to pay their dues. If you can believe social media.

swamp, AMP just has to keep spreading. I dont think there is much resistence in ord, AMP is known and its got alot of support. It just has to have the right leadership. One guy who started it was ridiculously paranoid and i just hope that this isnt a one man band. AMP has a better chance than amfa did. Its a much better option than amfa.
I keep seeing this statement and would like to know in your opinion why.

And what do you think in our case at SWA when we haven't had a deal in 6 years. And they are offering most of our back pay , a 7 dollar an hour raise and 6 months of backpay to April 1-th on the new pay scale, and no loss in scope. If you look at some of the hot heads 1 to 5 years on the job, haven't even begin to pay their dues. If you can believe social media.
Thats flat out b.s. 6 yrs n counting. N thats all SW wld offer in back pay. How many yrs for new hire to go to top scale?

That's my biggest problem. The IAM gets what they want the longer they stall or refuse to agree on anything. Meanwhile the TWU continues to suffer. Although we should not be quick to accept anything his analogy of a starving man being told to not eat the hamburger is more like the guy telling him to ignore the hamburger just finished his own hamburger and is ordering desert. I have a great idea... How about the IAM and TWU swap benefits for the next two years? Then we can sit tight and wait while they live with what we have now. Also let them pay the medical premiums we pay today while we get theirs. Then we'll be taking home more $$$ than they are plus work one week less than they do a year. I would bet their attitudes would change.
OldGuy,

Why would you wish this on the LUS folks? We worked under a BK agreement for a long time also. Now that we are not, somehow it's our fault you guys are? We are in this together and always have been. I want us ALL to have the very best of both CBA's. But statements like yours above proves that some of you AAer's really want to see your fellow brothers and sisters harmed just so you can get yours. Makes me sad really. That you think it's ok to harm others just so you can attempt to prove a point, and get some sort of mutated satisfaction, just to say, "how do you like it?" We were under a BK contract for a while also. And yes, IT SUCKED! Your attempt to prove your point however just proves that your BK agreement is no fault of ours. We had ZERO to do with your BK contract, yet you still seem to think somehow it's our fault? Why is that. Why do you think we owe you anything? You do not owe us anything, never have. I honestly can't believe the sense of entitlement you have. It just boggles my mind.

Hey Racer, let me quote me and lets compare it to your spin. Here is exactly what I said:
" So to specifically answer your question, Section 6 (or the dragging out of negotiations for months if not years) definitely helps the IAM and hurts the TWU, period."
I got to say wow. And don't play me the fool. You know as well as I do the longer it takes to get a T/A or even a AIP via Section 6 or negotiations being prolonged the longer you (IAM) keep what you have and the longer we (TWU) work under BK concessions. Go read some of the boards Racer, many of your guys claim "I'm fine with Section 6, I get what I have longer". If you need quotes, I'll provide them.
Not a spin....you just don’t want to answer. But that’s ok. I’ll still answer tour questions

Hey Racer, let me quote me and lets compare it to your spin. Here is exactly what I said:
" So to specifically answer your question, Section 6 (or the dragging out of negotiations for months if not years) definitely helps the IAM and hurts the TWU, period."
I got to say wow. And don't play me the fool. You know as well as I do the longer it takes to get a T/A or even a AIP via Section 6 or negotiations being prolonged the longer you (IAM) keep what you have and the longer we (TWU) work under BK concessions. Go read some of the boards Racer, many of your guys claim "I'm fine with Section 6, I get what I have longer". If you need quotes, I'll provide them.
Am I to understand that because you are under a BK agreement that you are ok with possibly bringing back an inferior agreement just so you can get “ SOMETHING”?
Patience is a virtue my friend.

That’s not even close

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back