American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Does anyone know the respective amendable dates on the current contracts covering LAA MTC., LAA Fleet, LUS MTC. and LUS Fleet?
It is my understanding; the union must file for Section 6 with the NMB, no later than the amendable date of the current contract. If not, there is a one year waiting period to file again with the NMB.

Does anyone know the respective amendable dates on the current contracts covering LAA MTC., LAA Fleet, LUS MTC. and LUS Fleet?
It is my understanding; the union must file for Section 6 with the NMB, no later than the amendable date of the current contract. If not, there is a one year waiting period to file again with the NMB.

09-12-2018. There is no requirement to file section 6, nor is there a "one year" waiting period. All CBAs are accessible on Jetnet for this information.

From the LAA M&R CBA...

ARTICLE 47 – DURATION OF AGREEMENT

THIS AGREEMENT will become effective as of September 12, 2012 and will continue in full force and effect until and including September 12, 2018 and will renew itself until each succeeding September 12 thereafter, except that written notice of intended change may be served in accordance with Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party no earlier than sixty (60) calendar days on or after September 12, 2016 [24 months prior to amendable date]

We could have filed for section 6 2 years ago.

09-12-2018. There is no requirement to file section 6, nor is there a "one year" waiting period. All CBAs are accessible on Jetnet for this information.

From the LAA M&R CBA...

ARTICLE 47 – DURATION OF AGREEMENT

THIS AGREEMENT will become effective as of September 12, 2012 and will continue in full force and effect until and including September 12, 2018 and will renew itself until each succeeding September 12 thereafter, except that written notice of intended change may be served in accordance with Section 6, Title I, of the Railway Labor Act, as amended, by either party no earlier than sixty (60) calendar days on or after September 12, 2016 [24 months prior to amendable date]

We could have filed for section 6 2 years ago.
the duration was extended with the cross utilization agreement to 2018. I believe NYer pointed this out. You need to update your info weez. Otherwise you are correct.
I would just add that i have it on good source that the union doesnt plan on filing section 6 as they think it is reasonable not to given movement BUT that it would allow a vote if movement ceased prior to filing sec 6.
I, personally think that would be fair although I wouldnt want to see it that way. I think if you ask Mr Baskett, he would tell you the same.

the duration was extended with the cross utilization agreement to 2018. I believe NYer pointed this out. You need to update your info weez. Otherwise you are correct.
I would just add that i have it on good source that the union doesnt plan on filing section 6 as they think it is reasonable not to given movement BUT that it would allow a vote if movement ceased prior to filing sec 6.
I, personally think that would be fair although I wouldnt want to see it that way. I think if you ask Mr Baskett, he would tell you the same.

I’m the only Weez, Tim. There can be only one and there are no imitations.

TA this Friday right?

What are you referring to with LUS giving up scope? Are you Mtc? Fleet? In FLEET... Through LUS restructuring/Bankruptcy, the IAM decided to protect jobs and take a lower pay rate. This is one reason the IAM is in 36 cities (35 plus CLP). LAA Through restructuring/Bankruptcy, The TWU decided to protect wage. That is one reason they are only in 17 cities right now.
50% outsourcing of overhaul maintenance. This is what we is being demanded of us (LAA). Since you have already given up the Scope (Through bankruptcy or otherwise) this is a non issue for you. We (LAA AMTs) have been paying higher premiums for years so your medical is a non issue for us. You don't want your medical premiums raised to what we pay (I would not be willing either if I were you) and we don't want our aircraft overhaul increased to your outsourcing percentage (Ours is 35% yours is 50%) Apparently the company is demanding both of those. I use the term "Given Up" simply because even though it is brought by bankruptcy you still have to vote yes for it. We "Gave up" sick pay, holidays, longevity pay, vacation and lots of other stuff. Not trying to imply anything don't be so sensitive. Both the TWU and the IAM are guilty of hosing their membership. At least the IAM got you cheap medical when giving everything else away. The TWU got us a small amount of equity then stole a bunch of it from us.

The TWU got us a small amount of equity then stole a bunch of it from us.

If it wasn’t for you having a Union contract and the Bankruptcy Laws changing years ago to account for some of our losses you wouldn’t have gotten Jack Chit. And if it wasn’t for the TWU fighting the EBO people in Court you would have lost a chunk of that cash. And if it wasn’t for the TWU making wise investments you wouldn’t have gotten about HALF of what you just got you ungrateful little P.

And I challenge YOU or any of your other Wart Trolls to PROOVE the TWU STOLE even a freakin dime from us!!!! Prove it you sack of C.

50% outsourcing of overhaul maintenance. This is what we is being demanded of us (LAA). Since you have already given up the Scope (Through bankruptcy or otherwise) this is a non issue for you. We (LAA AMTs) have been paying higher premiums for years so your medical is a non issue for us. You don't want your medical premiums raised to what we pay (I would not be willing either if I were you) and we don't want our aircraft overhaul increased to your outsourcing percentage (Ours is 35% yours is 50%) Apparently the company is demanding both of those. I use the term "Given Up" simply because even though it is brought by bankruptcy you still have to vote yes for it. We "Gave up" sick pay, holidays, longevity pay, vacation and lots of other stuff. Not trying to imply anything don't be so sensitive. Both the TWU and the IAM are guilty of hosing their membership. At least the IAM got you cheap medical when giving everything else away. The TWU got us a small amount of equity then stole a bunch of it from us.
Not sensitive. Was just trying to understand your comments. I thought you were MTC and you confirmed. Thank you. I was just referring to fleet.

My guess is that you don’t fully understand the IAM language either.

when fleet went iam we lost our retirement and the iam contracted out 85 of 100 stations. We have went backwards. We did pick up another 17 stations with the Awest deal.

What are you referring to with LUS giving up scope? Are you Mtc? Fleet? In FLEET... Through LUS restructuring/Bankruptcy, the IAM decided to protect jobs and take a lower pay rate. This is one reason the IAM is in 36 cities (35 plus CLP). LAA Through restructuring/Bankruptcy, The TWU decided to protect wage. That is one reason they are only in 17 cities right now.
WRONG. The iam gave up 85 stations. We lost our retirement, scope, everything. IAM agreed to give up all catering except 4 stations and we lost all cargo.

Then, in 2008, we got a jcba with america west that got us 3 cargo centers (las, phx, lax) and 17 additional stations.

Not sure what the hell you been drinking?

and the Ill Ask Management also agreed that the 10 non hub/focus stations (those less than 25 daily flights) would be paid 25% less and have less work benefits. I was making less as an IAM member in 2005 ($17) than i was not paying dues in 1992 ($17.88). And the thousands who were laid off never came back because the iam agreed with management that anyone who came back (even if they had 30 years) would start at the bottom pay scale of $9.

Racer is wrong. Thankfully, america west bought us. The iam beat up the twu officers and had to settle with a $850,000 out of court plus civil penalties. Amazingly the twu agreed to create The Association and stayed strong and got us our 2014 agreement. Thanks twu. After a jcba we need to force a vote with the twu and iam and watch this miserable iam get voted off the property.

about 2 weeks

And tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow, and tomorrow.

Don’t you just love those suckers Tim?

F3BE5C51-B87D-4314-998F-4B55F4F69FE5.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back