American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
And since there will be no contract by year's end AND since we will be picking 2019 medical before you know it, TWU union members will be paying the higher premiums NOT the IAM members....They get another year's reprieve.
Score another one for team IAM! WOOHOO.!

The Company had already made a commitment to them

The LUS IAM insurance will also more than likely rise in costs although overall it won’t likely be as harsh as ours since they pay less?

5 a MONTH? Hardly a problem in my book.

The problem actually is that I wish I had the urge to continue to have a beer or two occasionally. But without the smokes I just don’t.

Maybe when I retire I’ll take them both up again? By that age who cares anyway.

company advised your twu that one part of their insurance will also not be offered. Weez, check that out but i wanna say one "plan" wont be offered. Was only told one part.
If you can confirm or correct then let us know.

“Supposedly” the CORE plan went up by 9% but the Deductible went down from $2000 to $1500 for a single.

There will still be 3 plans offered.

When do you guys get the new rates and option package?

Don’t know. These “RUMORS” still aren’t 100% confirmed yet. But pretty soon I suppose.

very impressed on stopping the smoking "cold turkey". Ive only known of a couple coworkers who had that sorta discipline.

Watching my Aunt Die from COPD and breaking her 2 Daughters Hearts that I was still going after that was my final motivation (Along with the clogged Heart pipes)

Reactions: PIEDMONT784
The Company had already made a commitment to them

The LUS IAM insurance will also more than likely rise in costs although overall it won’t likely be as harsh as ours since they pay less?

They're still way ahead of the game!

The problem actually is that I wish I had the urge to continue to have a beer or two occasionally. But without the smokes I just don’t.

Maybe when I retire I’ll take them both up again? By that age who cares anyway.

I'd skip the smokes and drink in moderation only.

Should start to see numbers by October.

Metal compare the costs and think about it this way. You have a family and one of them needs to max out the deductibles every year because they have issues. Which one of these plans would you want offered to you?

https://my.aa.com/medical/

And besides I’d like to get just one shred of proof from ANYONE that the IAM is stalling Negotiations trying to pull a scam on us just to keep that Medical? A cost we should ALL want anyway.

Metal compare the costs and think about it this way. You have a family and one of them needs to max out the deductibles every year because they have issues. Which one of these plans would you want offered to you?

https://my.aa.com/medical/

And besides I’d like to get just one shred of proof from ANYONE that the IAM is stalling Negotiations trying to pull a scam on us just to keep that Medical? A cost we should ALL want anyway.
Personally, I usually opt for the higher premium, lower deductible.
As far as the IAM stalling negotiations, once again I will reiterate that LUS IAM medical is their priority. It is obvious by posters comments here alone.
And I doubt very much Petersen's updates will flatly come out and admit it, nor will any other update.
Of course we would like the cheaper medical. But do you really believe the company will all of a sudden give 100,000 plus more employees the cheaper option where it is now just the opposite?
Sorry, I just don't see it happening.

Personally, I usually opt for the higher premium, lower deductible.
As far as the IAM stalling negotiations, once again I will reiterate that LUS IAM medical is their priority. It is obvious by posters comments here alone.
And I doubt very much Petersen's updates will flatly come out and admit it, nor will any other update.
Of course we would like the cheaper medical. But do you really believe the company will all of a sudden give 100,000 plus more employees the cheaper option where it is now just the opposite?
Sorry, I just don't see it happening.

How’s this for the grand scam, the three card Monty, the Shell Game. The Company keeps raising the price every year by some pretty big numbers. Next year 9%, 7%, and 11% after raising it in other prior years.

The scam get it high enough that when they do come along and lower the costs it looks like you actually made out when all that happened was the Company pulled the sucker on you.

C’mon man give me a break with this laughable $700 a Month scam.

Don’t be surprised if the AIP brings the cost starting in 2020 to 17% of AA’s anticipated total instead of the 21%.

And the Lemmings will fall right in line.

How’s this for the grand scam, the three card Monty, the Shell Game. The Company keeps raising the price every year by some pretty big numbers. Next year 9%, 7%, and 11% after raising it in other prior years.

The scam get it high enough that when they do come along and lower the costs it looks like you actually made out when all that happened was the Company pulled the sucker on you.

Don’t be surprised if the AIP brings the cost starting in 2020 to 17% of AA’s anticipated total instead of the 21%.

Do you really believe we are ALL going to the LUS medical? Really? With open arms and group hugs?

Congratulations to President Gary Peterson who becomes the new “Airline Division Systems Coordinator”

B7AA61AB-6C1D-4C77-9CC3-9CC099BC2AD6.png

Attachments

• 734FD021-4ED4-4F22-908D-B7AD3B9183E9.png
    734FD021-4ED4-4F22-908D-B7AD3B9183E9.png
    1.6 MB · Views: 142
Do you really believe we are ALL going to the LUS medical? Really? With open arms and group hugs?

I think I’ve always been pretty consistent that I think it’s going to wind up being a compromise where the IAM will come up some and we will come down some.

And the Company will make the “claim” that we are paying 17 1/2% of their total cost and everyone will be peachy keen with the scam.

And same with the pilots? They get the same increases, yes? along with all other AA employees?

I think I’ve always been pretty consistent that I think it’s going to wind up being a compromise where the IAM will come up some and we will come down some.

And the Company will make the “claim” that we are paying 17 1/2% of their total cost and everyone will be peachy keen with the scam.

Hop on MetalMover...

upload_2018-8-20_18-46-48.png

UAL
UNITED CONTINENT
USD
+3.04+3.71%

AAL
AMERICAN AIRLINE
USD
+2.21+5.83%

SPX
S&P 500
USD
+6.92+0.24%

American Airlines Group Inc. led a surge in U.S. airline stocks as investors bet that strong travel demand and lower fuel prices will help carriers extend a rebound following the industry’s first-half rout.

Jet fuel prices have settled below $2.20 a gallon in recent weeks after climbing as high as $2.28 in May. Scheduled talks between China and the U.S. hold out the prospect of easing trade tensions and therefore a better outlook for business trips. And airlines have vowed to slow expansion plans in an effort to raise prices by paring growth in the seat supply.

https://finance.yahoo.com/m/db38ceb5-d3ed-358d-807d-050e5059378a/american,-united-jump-as.html

Status
Not open for further replies.