American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
Funny thing is that Sito uses the FA flowchart but that flowchart ends with self help in both situations. If that were true, then waiting is the best option.
The inconvenient truth for our bestest friend Weezle and his handlers is the inescapable truth that waiting will not improve our position.
Again, waiting will NOT improve our position or put more pressure on the company. That's not my opinion, it's the opinion of the leading #1 RLA attorney in the United States, who the IAM employed. Dude wrote a book called "The Railway Labor Act." He said the following in regards to the much smaller 2013 version of United Airlines,
"Thus, rejection of this TA is not likely to generate greater pressure on the Company to further improve its terms, since there is realistically no prospect of a strike."

Ira Gottleib, Expert Railway Labor Attorney contracted for the IAM

The question that I keep asking Weez and others is, what is to gain by waiting???? Without self help, it's either we agree to arbitration or we go to a PEB where they either impose an agreement (OUCH) or force binding arbitration. That's the story.

Why wait when the main expert of the RLA said waiting will do NOTHING and will not generate ANY greater pressure on the Company to improve terms??????

The only change to the above outcome would have been if the union fought for us by withholding the cross utilization. I couldn't imagine the company wanting to wait if it didn't attain it's "Holy Grail" to get much of its merger synergies. But Weez' union went for the dues grab and threw our only merger leverage under the bus.
Not Good!

What do you say if the Association puts out an update this week and says there was movement?

BTW do you know what is being discussed this week?

What do you say if the Association puts out an update this week and says there was movement?

BTW do you know what is being discussed this week?
I already posted the next several negotiation updates. It went something like this:
Update 1. There was progress in talks, we are excited
Update 2. Darth Vader has slammed our progress and we went two steps back
Update 3: PROGRESS!!!! Maybe a TA by Christmas!!
Update 4: Isom blew up talks

Sometime in the year 2020
Update 5: We are hopeful of an agreement very soon
Update 6: Negotiations are stalled. We are committed to bringing in a industry leading contract but the company doesn't share our opinion.
Update 7: Much progress and improvement!! Whippeeeee!
Update 8: TA

Admittedly, that is very optimistic on my part because it doesn't appear that the union will TA anything but instead head this to an imposition or binding arbitration since self help is a goner.

If and when a TA does come out, I hope they remind people that waiting will not improve upon the company terms. The IAM attorney said it best, below:

"Thus, rejection of this TA is not likely to generate greater pressure on the Company to further improve its terms, since there is realistically no prospect of a strike."

The inconvenient truth is that some are being intellectually dishonest or otherwise ignorant if they think that we will improve our position by waiting. There simply is no evidence to suggest this.

You can argue with me till you are blue in the face that waiting will FIX all of this and improve massive gains, but you can't deny that the IAM attorney is much more credible than lil ole you.

Just think weez, when they do finally stop the games and bring out a TA, we will have the same opinion and NOT push the TA for a rejection.

PEB can’t impose a contract, only Congress has the authority to legislate it and has to be signed into law by POTUS.
at the end of the day, only an imposition or arbitration is the outcome. Or I guess they can also do a third option, i.e., extend and drag out with new time frames, one of which is to make an iceberg. That's it Sito. YOU LOSE!

I already posted the next several negotiation updates. It went something like this:
Update 1. There was progress in talks, we are excited
Update 2. Darth Vader has slammed our progress and we went two steps back
Update 3: PROGRESS!!!! Maybe a TA by Christmas!!
Update 4: Isom blew up talks

Sometime in the year 2020
Update 5: We are hopeful of an agreement very soon
Update 6: Negotiations are stalled. We are committed to bringing in a industry leading contract but the company doesn't share our opinion.
Update 7: Much progress and improvement!! Whippeeeee!
Update 8: TA

Admittedly, that is very optimistic on my part because it doesn't appear that the union will TA anything but instead head this to an imposition or binding arbitration since self help is a goner.

If and when a TA does come out, I hope they remind people that waiting will not improve upon the company terms. The IAM attorney said it best, below:

The inconvenient truth is that some are being intellectually dishonest or otherwise ignorant if they think that we will improve our position by waiting. There simply is no evidence to suggest this.

You can argue with me till you are blue in the face that waiting will FIX all of this and improve massive gains, but you can't deny that the IAM attorney is much more credible than lil ole you.

Just think weez, when they do finally stop the games and bring out a TA, we will have the same opinion and NOT push the TA for a rejection.

Blah Blah Blah. Well at least it’s a gas keeping your attention diverted to this site and out of trouble.

BTW weez, I'd welcome any positive update and keep the positive updates rolling on a quicker timeline than the one I posted. At the end of the day, the offer will be the same, but if the union narrative stays positive then that is good. Let's keep things professional and make sure that we keep a lid on conspiracy theories or calling the company names.

BTW weez, I'd welcome any positive update and keep the positive updates rolling on a quicker timeline than the one I posted. At the end of the day, the offer will be the same, but if the union narrative stays positive then that is good. Let's keep things professional and make sure that we keep a lid on conspiracy theories or calling the company names.
The weez had it in is head some inside knowledge that we might make some real progress these negotiations he also heard Ferris passed out at 31 flavors last night

The weez had it in is head some inside knowledge that we might make some real progress these negotiations he also heard Ferris passed out at 31 flavors last night

You know Al sometimes I take things a little seriously but sometimes something happens that helps lighten the mood at least for the day.

My former Local President gave me the middle finger about 2 hours ago. A crewman of mine asked if it pissed me off and it really didn’t.

I hope the guy didn’t flip me the bird cause he’s pissed at me or something cause I was on the floor laughing my ass off to be honest. It made my day.

You know Al sometimes I take things a little seriously but sometimes something happens that helps lighten the mood at least for the day.

My former Local President gave me the middle finger about 2 hours ago. A crewman of mine asked if it pissed me off and it really didn’t.

I hope the guy didn’t flip me the bird cause he’s pissed at me or something cause I was on the floor laughing my ass off to be honest. It made my day.
Good ole Sid he probably had a good reason.Why did that young lady call you out?You bring this behavior out in people

Was it a challenge,was it a statement. Was it an act out of hatred for everything the weez is

Tiim I didnt read your negotiations timeline did you remember to include some breaks for conventions anf junkets?
Yea, I do need to update it. Because there are 22 IAM conventions a year. Our negotiators who have never negotiated or even been in the room, have to go to about 7 or 8 of these along with Sito. So, yea, imput a "No negotiations are scheduled" every 5th update. Nothing was scheduled during the salary campaign as the AGCs were scrambling and taking out committee members urging them to secure their $150,000 salary.

Honestly, this is comical. This union is a farce.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts