American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
after 4 years of negotiations that the iam screwed up in 98 i had to shut that down and force a clean up in 99. We got catering, over $20, and ot bypass.
Had to shut down reagons 2008 TA. Then in may 2009 we were able to get lil tommys seniority killing language out.
2014 i stood down thanks to the twu support, we got a decent ta. I even gave sito credit and the association.

and of course led the campaign shutting down ta1 at united. Ta2 still sucked but 13 more stTions were protected plus i was able to secure pay raises instead of yearly bonus'.
That negotiation strategy also negotiated .75 extra in our pockets due to pay parity.
You are welcome.

1. You don’t work for AA.
2. You arent an TWU/IAM Member.
3. You work at WN.
4. You are an AMFA member.
5. The members at AA know what happened.
6. Information is in the updates available to the members.
7. Myself or anyone else doesn’t owe you an explanation and even if you were given one you would say it’s fake and you know more.

If I was you I’d worry about your own SEVEN years of negotiations. And hasn’t AMFA released the T/A results by actual numbers?

Thought you said AMFA is transparent and doesn’t hide things from the members.
Good luck with this guy , he will attack and say how your guys situation sucks at American, but perfectly content with AMFA ,our last raise was August 2012.

assessing the current negotiations, the ta needs to come out for a vote so we can assess the voice of members.
There is no leverage in this situation since the union already went for the dues grab. Little else can be done. Employees need to vote

he may be the single greatest company guy ever. You dont know him and neither does the twu. A true con guy who tried to single handedly destroy our seniority. His negotiating is just as bad as his organizing. Not even sure if the guy even has a pair of jeans. Last time i was at his house in orlando he had 2 bmws in the drive i believe. He wanted us to do some awful lies at delta but i pulled our 141 guys off that campaign cuz i couldnt lie to those guys.

Those are strong words...Tom is a very knowledgeable and even tempered guy and if you don’t think he wants what’s best for the association you are being dishonest at worst and disingenuous at best...I’m LAA and have known Tom for a few years...I would take him on my team anytime...as a matter of fact I would take him over all the LAA negotiators except Peterson...he negotiates 40+ contracts and has been doing for 25+ years and he is terrible at it?...it’s literally all he does for a living...I will be happy to come back here and eat crow if proved wrong...

Last edited:
Absolutely not. And especially great optics for the Company and the Rank and File that there is no trust of those Negotiating for them that they are being truthful. That’s pretty much why people want observers.

Now you tell me how you decide which 2? 1 IAM 1 TWU? The Representatives for the biggest Locals? Tenure? The new guy?

Tim you do realize eventually people will grow mistrust for the 2 that are picked to be in that room just as well as you mistrust everyone right now.
you can come up with any defense but its wrong. There should be 2. They can rotate it or whatever. Its called accountability. Is this how the twu has done its prez before?
I dont think the prez' agree none of them should be in there.

Those are strong words...Tom is a very knowledgeable and even tempered guy and if you don’t think he wants what’s best for the association you are being dishonest at worst and disingenuous at best...I’m LAA and have known Tom for a few years...I would take him on my team anytime...as a matter of fact I would take him over all the LAA negotiators...he negotiates 40+ contracts and has been doing for 25+ years and he is terrible at it?...it’s literally all he does for a living...I will be happy to come back here and eat crow if proved wrong...
he is awful. No union man will team up with management to destroy a 35 year employee and start back to day 1 pay. No union guy would do that. He also lies to everyone about the iam pension. He is a subtle weezle company man.

Those are strong words...Tom is a very knowledgeable and even tempered guy and if you don’t think he wants what’s best for the association you are being dishonest at worst and disingenuous at best...I’m LAA and have known Tom for a few years...I would take him on my team anytime...as a matter of fact I would take him over all the LAA negotiators...he negotiates 40+ contracts and has been doing for 25+ years and he is terrible at it?...it’s literally all he does for a living...I will be happy to come back here and eat crow if proved wrong...
also, he does want what is best for the Association. But that has nothing to do with the employees. Dude never signed a contract that he didnt give up work, except our 2014 which was a fair contract.
He will end up coughing up scope in mx and fleet. Ill bet you.

Eventually (One day) we will have JCBA’s in place and we won’t have to concern ourselves with any more of this nonsense until the next Negotiations talks begin.

I wish we could have a 10 year agreement just for that alone.

Everything comes to an end........eventually!

And I ain't got a lot of this BS left in me. Where's my package!

Everything comes to an end........eventually!

And I ain't got a lot of this BS left in me. Where's my package!

Love the honesty. Very refreshing on here. And hey in 2028 on I’m sure I’ll be asking the same question, “Where’s my package”? Good luck I’m outta here.

you can come up with any defense but its wrong. There should be 2. They can rotate it or whatever. Its called accountability. Is this how the twu has done its prez before?
I dont think the prez' agree none of them should be in there.

Well you have multiple parties that have pretty much an equal voice in who they want to negotiate and how many they want in those rooms. (Not to mention even the size of the rooms)

You have in alphabetical order, AA, IAM, NMB and TWU.

If any or all of those parties want to keep the participants down to a minimum they have the right of request. Or if one party wants to be insistent and make demands it’s quite simple for another party to just shut down or lengthen the schedules between talks.

We have 2 weeks this month, 2 weeks the next month and at least 1 week so far in March. We could always be a PITA like AMFA at SWA and be put on ice for Months at a time if that’s what you would prefer?

They’re smiling at you Tim. Wave hello.
D94EA622-B5D7-4428-9A7E-5CD15CB88BAB.jpeg

1. You don’t work for AA.
2. You arent an TWU/IAM Member.
3. You work at WN.
4. You are an AMFA member.
5. The members at AA know what happened.
6. Information is in the updates available to the members.
7. Myself or anyone else doesn’t owe you an explanation and even if you were given one you would say it’s fake and you know more.

If I was you I’d worry about your own SEVEN years of negotiations. And hasn’t AMFA released the T/A results by actual numbers?

Thought you said AMFA is transparent and doesn’t hide things from the members.

And I invited him into this forum, thanks for your opinion.

1. I work for AA.
2. I am a TWU Member in a Fleet Service Union.
3. I work at AA
4. We are both mechanics
5. The members at AA never know what happened.
6. Part of the information is in the updates available to the members.
7.How does anyone know who you are? So everything you say could be fake. Just like me.

Good luck with this guy, he will attack and say how your guy's situation sucks at American, but perfectly content with AMFA, our last raise was August 2012.

And t do you do? You attack just as well. Don't play innocent, it is a sparring match between the two of you.
And yes you were invited into this forum also and to comment on another AMFA /WN mechanic you are leaving out part of your story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back