American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
This letter was sent today to the U.S. House of Representatives:

February 13, 2019

Dear Representative,

On behalf of the Transport Workers Union, the Allied Pilots Association, the Association of Professional Flight Attendants, and the International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers, which represent over 72,000 employees of American Airlines, we urge you to support the Aviation Funding Stability Act of 2019 (H.R. 1108) introduced by Transportation and Infrastructure Committee Chairman DeFazio (D-Ore.) and Aviation Subcommittee Chairman Larsen (D-Wash.). Their bill would give the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA) the authority to use the Airport and Aviation Trust Fund (AATF) to fund continuing operations during a federal government shutdown. This would ensure the FAA operates safely and pays its employees during any future federal shutdowns.

The recent partial federal shutdown put the safety and security of the aviation system at risk. FAA employees were forced to work without pay or were furloughed. As a result, the complex and time-tested network of safety protocols were stretched to the breaking point. Air traffic controllers were fatigued, aviation safety inspectors were unable to perform their essential functions, and the national airspace system was at risk like never before. The aviation industry and the American people cannot allow this to happen again.

On behalf of workers whose lives and livelihoods depend on a safe and secure aviation system, we urge you to cosponsor H.R. 1108.

Sincerely,

Sito Pantoja
General Vice President
International Association of Machinists and Aerospace Workers

John Samuelsen
International President
Transport Workers Union

Capt. Daniel F. Carey
President
Allied Pilots Association

Lori Bassani
National President
Association of Professional Flight Attendants

Update from President Dale Danker – Negotiations

All,
The company continues to be clear on their position on M&R Scope. They want the ability to outsource more heavy, line work and faculties maintenance in all locations. The company’s proposal would reduce base maintenance headcount by 2200, increase line outsourcing by 7% and totally destroy facilities maintenance scope. We want to maintain our current work and our current headcount. They make billions and it’s still not enough for them.

The company will continue to try to get all of us to take a bite of their sandwich. But until they give us the work and headcount we currently have it is a crap sandwich.
I understand completely the frustration of the length of this negotiation. I would love for all of us to be able to enjoy the good things we have already TA’d. My concern however is if we excepted their scope proposal people would retire and the company would not rehire. This would cause our friends that have been stuck on undesirable shifts for years to never gain the seniority to get to a better shift. We have to maintain our current headcount numbers.

Always work safe and IAW (in accordance with). Do not let anyone pressure you into doing inferior work.

Dale Danker
President TWU Local 514

I wasn’t the one who “chose” to place a name towards the particular poster who did not name himself and which used to be a severe violation of Board rules.

Now I have no problem with you using my name if you’d like since I long ago outed myself here but what you did yesterday is what Gentlemen used to call “Poor Form old boy”

You should apologize to the poster.
Hmm who.posted.my full name and location?

All,
The company continues to be clear on their position on M&R Scope. They want the ability to outsource more heavy, line work and faculties maintenance in all locations. The company’s proposal would reduce base maintenance headcount by 2200, increase line outsourcing by 7% and totally destroy facilities maintenance scope. We want to maintain our current work and our current headcount. They make billions and it’s still not enough for them.

The company will continue to try to get all of us to take a bite of their sandwich. But until they give us the work and headcount we currently have it is a crap sandwich.
I understand completely the frustration of the length of this negotiation. I would love for all of us to be able to enjoy the good things we have already TA’d. My concern however is if we excepted their scope proposal people would retire and the company would not rehire. This would cause our friends that have been stuck on undesirable shifts for years to never gain the seniority to get to a better shift. We have to maintain our current headcount numbers.

Always work safe and IAW (in accordance with). Do not let anyone pressure you into doing inferior work.

Dale Danker
President TWU Local 514
Undesirable shifts wonder what mr Samuelson thinks about rotating shifts?

All,

Dale Danker
President TWU Local 514

As I understand it, whoever is currently on the payroll will not lose their job. No matter what happens the current union membership will be working at AA with the best pay in the industry. We are now holding out for scope and future union head count so we can have better shifts.

Remember in 2010 when we heard, we need to vote this down and send them back to negotiate a better deal, RESTORE and MORE.........that was 9 years ago and still nothing.

And that was with a touchy feely management team, we now have a smashy testical management team.

As I understand it, whoever is currently on the payroll will not lose their job. No matter what happens the current union membership will be working at AA with the best pay in the industry. We are now holding out for scope and future union head count so we can have better shifts.

Remember in 2010 when we heard, we need to vote this down and send them back to negotiate a better deal, RESTORE and MORE.........that was 9 years ago and still nothing.

And that was with a touchy feely management team, we now have a smashy testical management team.

+1
We gotz dumb people though.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back