American Airlines and Labor Negotiations

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s not about me, it’s about my knowledge and experience I can share. I seriously doubt the NMB will release, look at AMFA at WN seven years and no release.
So we are just getting jerked around. Sounds to me like it is no longer worth discussing or worrying about.
You have been around long enough to know what has to be done to force the company’s hand.
Yes. Ain't gonna happen.

It’s not about me, it’s about my knowledge and experience I can share. I seriously doubt the NMB will release, look at AMFA at WN seven years and no release.
We never intended to take a strike vote, because our union AMFA wasn't going to fall into the Northwest playbook. Even though they hired Landon Nitschke that broke AMFA, during the strike. So things fell into place.

Mark Baskett update.

Hi everyone. There was no progress at all in negotiations this past week. In fact there was a statement made by the company that they weren’t moving at all until we decided what we were going to concede.
If this doesn’t piss you off, then someone needs to shake you and wake you up.

It amazes me that this company still in today’s profits, still want to take from our work group.
Yes they will say they will guarantee your job, but with nobody being hired behind you, then your seniority might grow in years, but your days off and shifts will get worse. Not to mention your choice of what work you want to bid to do. That will be gone also.

It’s time that everyone out there realizes this is an attack on you personally. It’s a slap in your face, in the fact that this company not only doesn’t respect you, they basically resent you! They hate that you are making what your making today.

I’m not sure what it will take to make some of our brothers and sisters wake up and fight.
But if we don’t fight now, when this company is making record profits!! Will we ever fight in the future?? If they want to take from us now in these best of times. Just think what they will want if times are not so good one day.

If you once felt loved and appreciated by this company, and you still want to believe you are, then I’m sorry to tell you, your not! This company is going to make you earn your respect from them. They don’t want our work group to succeed. That’s as clear as I can make it.
I don’t give a crap what local management tells you, or how many hamburgers and hot dogs or ice creams they hand out, Local management doesn’t have a clue what’s being said in the negotiating room. The people they work for, DOES NOT want you around. They don’t respect you. Again, they resent what you are making today.
This company wants to shrink our numbers down to where nobody can be sure what they will be doing or what shift or days off they will have in the future. All the while, the big boys at the top keep raking in record salaries. This isn’t how it’s suppose to go. This company is trying their best to set a trend that will make the 30 + a hour ramp job be a thing of the past.

This is the time we have to say we are done being screwed by this company. If they dont want to make any moves in negotiations, and want to drag this out all summer, then let’s give them their wish. Let’s make it a summer to remember. I am being as clear as I can be here. If every member out there doesn’t wake up and realize you have to fight, then you are going to one day wake up and say “ what the hell happened”.

Clt let’s start by having a huge showing for our info picketing this coming Thursday.
The times are 8am - 11am, and then again from 3pm - 6pm. Everyone, and yes everyone needs to show up to at least one of these times. This is your fight. Its our fight together. If you dont care to show, then you are one of the ones that are asleep.
Please help spread the word, we need to make a strong statement to the company that we demand the respect we deserve.
Were you actually at the negotiating table this time??? You see im.a bit cynical cause Peterson has been talking a lot of chit lately that is quite hard to believe.You negotiators need to organize yourselves get on the same page befofe you could attempt to organize 30k of us

We at LUS have done it several times and achieved the desired results. So you don’t want to fight and want to rollover?
Never said that. Just my opinion the company will always win out. One way or another.
So LUS achieved the desired results? PIT doesn't look like it achieved the desired results. What was the height of LUS IAM numbers? What is it now?

The flying public doesn’t care, they only care about ticket prices.

The TWU has been very vocal in social media getting the word out and the IAM has joined them. Are you going to participate in the Informational Picketing on March 28th? I’ll be out in CLT, will you be out in PHL?
Its about time the iam did something

We at LUS have done it several times and achieved the desired results. So you don’t want to fight and want to rollover?
What have you done you tried a job action and Seth said stop the crap or ill impose a contract on you and you stopped.Those tactics wont work today they will slap an injuntion on the union in a heartbeat.Youve been out of the game for a while

We walked DA, while you’re non-union butt was working under massive concessions thanks to youre idol Tim. We were never threatened with a lawsuit during the 30 day cooling off period. Dwain Andrews former EA VP was in charge of negotiations, not Scofield. Your memory has failed you. You weren’t unionized nor involved with us.
I remember distinctly seth threatening you maybe it was before thee cooling off i absolutely remember

I also remember a litlle hissy job action that got 20 of you fired and begging for your jobs back i remember the help wanted in newsday for replacements

T
Only lawsuit was against the AFA as they honored our picket line, the AFA lost in court, but won in arbitration and that’s how they got the right to honor a picket line,
Times are different even the Weez will acknowledge that what you are saying is not an option.

Mark Baskett update.

Hi everyone. There was no progress at all in negotiations this past week. In fact there was a statement made by the company that they weren’t moving at all until we decided what we were going to concede.
If this doesn’t piss you off, then someone needs to shake you and wake you up.

It amazes me that this company still in today’s profits, still want to take from our work group.
Yes they will say they will guarantee your job, but with nobody being hired behind you, then your seniority might grow in years, but your days off and shifts will get worse. Not to mention your choice of what work you want to bid to do. That will be gone also.

It’s time that everyone out there realizes this is an attack on you personally. It’s a slap in your face, in the fact that this company not only doesn’t respect you, they basically resent you! They hate that you are making what your making today.

I’m not sure what it will take to make some of our brothers and sisters wake up and fight.
But if we don’t fight now, when this company is making record profits!! Will we ever fight in the future?? If they want to take from us now in these best of times. Just think what they will want if times are not so good one day.

If you once felt loved and appreciated by this company, and you still want to believe you are, then I’m sorry to tell you, your not! This company is going to make you earn your respect from them. They don’t want our work group to succeed. That’s as clear as I can make it.
I don’t give a crap what local management tells you, or how many hamburgers and hot dogs or ice creams they hand out, Local management doesn’t have a clue what’s being said in the negotiating room. The people they work for, DOES NOT want you around. They don’t respect you. Again, they resent what you are making today.
This company wants to shrink our numbers down to where nobody can be sure what they will be doing or what shift or days off they will have in the future. All the while, the big boys at the top keep raking in record salaries. This isn’t how it’s suppose to go. This company is trying their best to set a trend that will make the 30 + a hour ramp job be a thing of the past.

This is the time we have to say we are done being screwed by this company. If they dont want to make any moves in negotiations, and want to drag this out all summer, then let’s give them their wish. Let’s make it a summer to remember. I am being as clear as I can be here. If every member out there doesn’t wake up and realize you have to fight, then you are going to one day wake up and say “ what the hell happened”.

Clt let’s start by having a huge showing for our info picketing this coming Thursday.
The times are 8am - 11am, and then again from 3pm - 6pm. Everyone, and yes everyone needs to show up to at least one of these times. This is your fight. Its our fight together. If you dont care to show, then you are one of the ones that are asleep.
Please help spread the word, we need to make a strong statement to the company that we demand the respect we deserve.
Weasel I would say your problem is not American Airlines management, but USair.

That was in LGA during the second bankruptcy and we on the NC were able to get their jobs back. Tell the whole story, it was a renegade Shop Steward who caused that, and he didn’t walk, the Utility at LGA got tired of CSAs and others violating our CBA, but you wouldn’t understand that since you are a company man.
They were lucky they didn't have to wheel out their tool chests,dont make out like they were heroes they were chitting their pants and even crying all cause they listen to one guy Union.mentality lemmings

Unless the RLA was amended, self-help is still an option. But hey you’d be the first one running across the picket line to perform struck work.
This is the largest airline they will never let any of the big 4 strike ever even with one of your progressives in the white house

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back