AMFA Local 5

Inept mgmnt. at airlines? I can't imagine asmuch! :)

Change must begin with the individual who can recognize the need for change. If you're not part of the change...you're part of the problem. "Nuff said!

News flash, groundcontrol. This job is "cake". These silly work rules they come up with, makes being here difficult. These are rules that were never brought up while we were here as contractors. As a contractor you get sick or just want a couple of extra days off? No big deal, just pick up a phone and say, "I'm going to take the next couple of days off. You never heard another word about it. Now, you want two personal days or even get sick? "That will be a coaching. Hey, you called in again six months later that’s going to be a level for you. This is your third on time tardy, were going to give you a level. Yes we know since the buses have been contracted out they have not been running on schedule but it is your responsibility to be here." You guys just suck this shet up apparently but a contractor will tell them what they can do with their level and hit the road no questions asked.

You want to here something rally comical though. Had there not been any AMFA Scabs. There would not be enough of us here to keep this operation going.

What a joke you are SUPERscab, its no wonder you can't keep a job. I don't know of too many careers (non-scab of course) where an employee can just say; "Today I am calling to inform you Mr. Bossman I am going to just take my days off as I see fit, and I could care less what you say". Unless your the man himself, most all employees have to adhire to some sort of work rules and attendance policies 'Cods. Many attendance policies are draconian and unjust, and thats were a union contract is very helpful.

Here's how unionists suck this sh*t up 'Cods, we fight instead of quit ;)

Article 34 Sick Leave, Para(f)
(2). "Upon request of the Local Union President, any employee claiming harrassment as a result of being required to furnish a doctors slip will have the opportunity to present his written claim to relief to a panel composed of the Vice President-Employee Relations and the Director of the Air Transport Division or their designee.
(3) In the event the employee's claim is determined to be valid, the employee will have (8) hours of sick pay added to his sick leave account. In the event it is determined to not be valid, the employee will forfeit (8) hours of sick pay for his sick leave account.

I as of yet have not seen the company win a case against an employee who has filed a claim of harrassment pertaining to sick time abuse.

With your SUPERscab omnipotent redneck negotiation skills, you should be able to dance and side-step past any type of discipline from the man, right 'Cods? :lol: :blink: :lol: :blink:

I'm thinking "someone" might have gotten a spanking from the man, and he has a sore scab a$$. :)

BTW, I'm wagering that when you turn in your scab resignation Monday, you get shown the door that same day.
Then its back to the MRO dung pile for 'Cods. What is Scab Air going to do without it's #1 scab? :shock: :blink: :up:

Well SCAB AIR might as well shut down the airline due to the loss of their perosnel number one super scab with all of his "intelligence"

What a joke you are SUPERscab, its no wonder you can't keep a job. I don't know of too many careers (non-scab of course) where an employee can just say; "Today I am calling to inform you Mr. Bossman I am going to just take my days off as I see fit, and I could care less what you say". Unless your the man himself, most all employees have to adhire to some sort of work rules and attendance policies 'Cods. Many attendance policies are draconian and unjust, and thats were a union contract is very helpful.

Here's how unionists suck this sh*t up 'Cods, we fight instead of quit ;)

Article 34 Sick Leave, Para(f)
(2). "Upon request of the Local Union President, any employee claiming harrassment as a result of being required to furnish a doctors slip will have the opportunity to present his written claim to relief to a panel composed of the Vice President-Employee Relations and the Director of the Air Transport Division or their designee.
(3) In the event the employee's claim is determined to be valid, the employee will have (8) hours of sick pay added to his sick leave account. In the event it is determined to not be valid, the employee will forfeit (8) hours of sick pay for his sick leave account.

I as of yet have not seen the company win a case against an employee who has filed a claim of harrassment pertaining to sick time abuse.

With your SUPERscab omnipotent redneck negotiation skills, you should be able to dance and side-step past any type of discipline from the man, right 'Cods? :lol: :blink: :lol: :blink:

I'm thinking "someone" might have gotten a spanking from the man, and he has a sore scab a$$. :)

BTW, I'm wagering that when you turn in your scab resignation Monday, you get shown the door that same day.
Then its back to the MRO dung pile for 'Cods. What is Scab Air going to do without it's #1 scab? :shock: :blink: :up:

Hackman,

Don’t blame him for being a dumba$$ SCAB. He walked into a 24/7 operation that needs people when they need them. Not on ‘their’ schedule as is why we negotiated (union thing) the contracts we have to allow as much individual flexibility as possible to meet the 24/7 operation. If it were up to ‘the company’, we would be there or be fired! No latitude, nor exceptions allowed as long as they have wrench gypsies to fill the void. Maybe someday he/she/it will understand this but I doubt it.

B) UT

Hey PTO,

All we hear is your bitching and whining of how ‘the company’ doesn’t understand the SCAB workforce dynamics.

You are now in the majors, how do you like this crap now?

Hey PTO,
All we hear is your bitching and whining of how ‘the company’ doesn’t understand the SCAB workforce dynamics.
You have heard no bitching and whining from me. Simply stated facts. groundcontrol asked a question, I answered it. Now you think I am bitching and whining?

You are now in the majors, how do you like this crap now?
I think it is a very dynamic job full of twists and turns. You never know what the next call might bring. It’s sitting around waiting for the clock to pass then its pure adrenaline rush to get the aircraft out on schedule. I think it is exciting as hell. There is of curse some tweaking that can be done but over all this is the finest aviation maintenance job one can have.

:lol: Easy JAFA.

.... Every time they change someone’s RDO's that person bids again thus making others bid again....

You should double check with the big manager...You don't have to rebid your vacation when you change crews. At least not before Aug 20. Manpower stays the same across the board so the bids stay the same...Maybe its different with SCABpower.

You certainly are an at-will employee. At the will of the company you are employed. To test this theory:
1. go up on the next 747 getting ready to board for Narita...
2. arm a slide and lift the handle...
3. then wait for the manager to come on board...
4. tell him you did it...
5. Act surprized when he fires your "oh so necessary to the operation of nwa" ass.

Like another poster said..."stop it...you're killing me :lol:

You have heard no bitching and whining from me. Simply stated facts. groundcontrol asked a question, I answered it. Now you think I am bitching and whining?
I think it is a very dynamic job full of twists and turns. You never know what the next call might bring. It’s sitting around waiting for the clock to pass then its pure adrenaline rush to get the aircraft out on schedule. I think it is exciting as hell. There is of curse some tweaking that can be done but over all this is the finest aviation maintenance job one can have.

I see this went right over your head (again).
Your next scab contract will pay you even less than this one because you have proven that your individual worth is less. You are a wrench gypsy and will always be one because you are still caught up in yourself.

How old are you? 25?

You thought your (self incepted) skills and abilities would be rewarded with pay and acclamation by your peers only to find out that you are just another scab in the plethora of the nwa scab dome.

Now that you have had your feelings hurt by nwa, you run away and do not stand up to your convictions (because you have none).

You have ‘proudly’ proclaimed that you are a scab and yet you jump ship when your ‘schedule’ isn’t met.

Why do you think we have unions?

PTO, you are an ID-10T and a coward to boot!

You made a choice, now stick with it!

B) UT

PTO,

You still don't get it do you?

'Unions are a Failure of Management'!!!

If you have inept management, you need a Union!
JMHO, this industry is ripe with inept management and do not know how to treat people as human beings.

Get it? Got it? Vote Union!!!

UT
Management is a failure of LEADERSHIP!
management gets the union it deserves, AND unions get the management THEY deserve. Neither side holds the monopoly on ineptitude, corruption, greed, and inefficiancy.
The PRIMARY responsibilities of a leader are mission accomplishment, and troop welfare. In the event of a direct conflict between the two, mission accomplishment takes precedence, with all due consideration given to the well being of workforce. For the life of me, I cant figure out why this is such a difficult concept to grasp by EITHER side of the debate.

What are you gonna do now? Go be a scab in IRAQ?
Correct me if Im wrong, but in order to be a scab, doesnt there have to be a strike? To the best of my knowledge, the only "strikes" going on over there involve high power explosives delivered on time on target by our outstanding warriors. Perhaps Miss kiddy's litter box is in need of cleaning, as much feline feces is spilling over on to this board.

Inept mgmnt. at airlines? I can't imagine asmuch! :)

Change must begin with the individual who can recognize the need for change. If you're not part of the change...you're part of the problem. "Nuff said!
I have to agree here one hundred percent. Something has always puzzled me about this whole situation....there are many who have worked for NWA for 20, 30, or even 40 years, yet still do nothing but complain about how horrible it has ALWAYS been. Why work for so long for a company you hate? Why not take the initiative and work your way up the chain of command untill your in a position to make more positive changes. I understand why you may reply that that is what unions are all about, making changes for the better, and in some cases, in the first part of the last century, I would agree. But I believe, in modern times, that approach wont work anymore. The change we need is the replacement of management with LEADERS! Men will follow a true LEADER to hell and back, simply because they believe in him! They wont whine and say "Thats not in my contract". They wont hide behind contractual legalese. They will give 110 percent, instead of "just enough to get by". They will take on all challenges and will not except failure as an option.
On the flip side of the coin,a LEADER will be out there with the troops in the mud, the blood, and the beer. He wont ask anything of his men that he is unwilling to do himself. He WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE! He will except all responsibility for the actions and failure of his crew. He will give all credit for success to his men. His priorities will be mission accomplishment, the welfare of his troops, and his own well being...IN THAT ORDER!
So the question remains.....why didnt these 20-30 year employees replace inept management, step up to the plate,and become LEADERS?

I have to agree here one hundred percent. Something has always puzzled me about this whole situation....there are many who have worked for NWA for 20, 30, or even 40 years, yet still do nothing but complain about how horrible it has ALWAYS been. Why work for so long for a company you hate? Why not take the initiative and work your way up the chain of command untill your in a position to make more positive changes. I understand why you may reply that that is what unions are all about, making changes for the better, and in some cases, in the first part of the last century, I would agree. But I believe, in modern times, that approach wont work anymore. The change we need is the replacement of management with LEADERS! Men will follow a true LEADER to hell and back, simply because they believe in him! They wont whine and say "Thats not in my contract". They wont hide behind contractual legalese. They will give 110 percent, instead of "just enough to get by". They will take on all challenges and will not except failure as an option.
On the flip side of the coin,a LEADER will be out there with the troops in the mud, the blood, and the beer. He wont ask anything of his men that he is unwilling to do himself. He WILL LEAD BY EXAMPLE! He will except all responsibility for the actions and failure of his crew. He will give all credit for success to his men. His priorities will be mission accomplishment, the welfare of his troops, and his own well being...IN THAT ORDER!
So the question remains.....why didnt these 20-30 year employees replace inept management, step up to the plate,and become LEADERS?
:blink: shows how little u know about the worst. many have tried, all failed. unless u conform to their management style your history. countless good mechs went in with this idea. they only keep the inept and backstabbers. ask stupid bob sevitt.

Management is a failure of LEADERSHIP!

Management is by definition, leadership.
This statement makes no sense to me.

management gets the union it deserves, AND unions get the management THEY deserve.

The ‘worker bees’ did not choose their management but did choose their union.

Neither side holds the monopoly on ineptitude, corruption, greed, and inefficiancy.

With this, I agree.

The PRIMARY responsibilities of a leader are mission accomplishment, and troop welfare. In the event of a direct conflict between the two, mission accomplishment takes precedence, with all due consideration given to the well being of workforce.

Well, IMHO, you are confusing theory with realty. Mission accomplishment to you and I is different than the mission as defined by our task masters. Get the product out ‘on time’ and ‘under budget’ is the ‘goal’. If it can be performed safely, then kudos to that part of the operation. If you haven’t noticed, all airline maintenance programs have been extended and/or revised because ‘historical’ analysis has shown that we replace parts on a time cycle (either number of to/landings or time) that have been costly and have not proven their value (ie… No Crash/or acceptable DPRM). I’m sure the ‘Tombstone Agency’ is watching this and already have their canned response typed and available at a moments notice.

For the life of me, I cant figure out why this is such a difficult concept to grasp by EITHER side of the debate.

One side cares, one side doesn’t. Can you tell the different sides, or do you need help?

B) UT

Welcome to the airline ‘culture’.
Many of my peers attempted to do exactly as you state only to be beaten down to follow a dysfunctional culture that has been a scourge to the industry. Old school mentality and superiority complexes proliferate in this industry. The people that ‘should’ move up have the intelligence to see that the ‘culture’ would not allow them to make the necessary changes and the stress/self sacrifice to attempt to move a mountain with a hand truck is not worth the effort.

Been There/Done That/No T’shirt…………..
B) UT

Latest posts

Back