AMFA Organizing Drive to Replace Association

Status
Not open for further replies.
The decision has been made they are just trying to figure out how to break it to us.
Sito owns the twu.
Well, when they do, I sure hope the membership raises all kinds of hell about the one day-in person vote. Part of that is intimidation, hence the in-person part. If they stick with the one day vote, I am sure many more cards will flow in for AMFA.

Glad to see cards are still coming in at a steady pace. The goal of achieving that magic number will soon be here. Hopefully we can file, vote and rid ourselves of the dysfunctional association and those annoying Russ Dittmer looking back monthly boring updates.

Glad to see cards are still coming in at a steady pace. The goal of achieving that magic number will soon be here. Hopefully we can file, vote and rid ourselves of the dysfunctional association and those annoying Russ Dittmer looking back monthly boring updates.
I will give Russ credit...At least he's giving the appearance that he cares. Back in the day, Russ was a huge AMFA guy. Times have changed!

I will give Russ credit...At least he's giving the appearance that he cares. Back in the day, Russ was a huge AMFA guy. Times have changed!
kind of ironic that we have former amfa supporters running the twu and former twu board members advocating for amfa. its a twisted web we weave....

Can anyone involved in the AMFA drive answer a question for me concerning the IAM pension plan which still covers the Usair guys? So currently the company contributes $2.40 an hour towards the plan for each active member, which is going to increase if/when this tentative gets voted in. The question I have, as well as many others is what is the plan for that money?? If we are no longer represented by the Assoc. IAM/TWU don't believe you can still accrue pension benefits and want to know how that hourly contractual hourly payment is going to be handled. Need FACTUAL answers not BS opinions.

Last edited:
kind of ironic that we have former amfa supporters running the twu and former twu board members advocating for amfa. its a twisted web we weave....
They promote the former AMFA supporters in order to shut them up about supporting AMFA. Just like they did with Gary Peterson when they brought him into the International level. Never heard another peep out of him about AMFA now did we?

They promote the former AMFA supporters in order to shut them up about supporting AMFA. Just like they did with Gary Peterson when they brought him into the International level. Never heard another peep out of him about AMFA now did we?
He sold out for a quarter milion dollars a year and a very big TWU International pension package...……

Hopefully they wont need him when we vote AMFA in …...

Last edited:
Can anyone involved in the AMFA drive answer a question for me concerning the IAM pension plan which still covers the Usair guys? So currently the company contributes $2.40 an hour towards the plan for each active member, which is going to increase if/when this tentative gets voted in. The question I have, as well as many others is what is the plan for that money?? If we are no longer represented by the Assoc. IAM/TWU don't believe you can still accrue pension benefits and want to know how that hourly contractual hourly payment is going to be handled. Need FACTUAL answers not BS opinions.
That is a good question, my guess is that everyone would revert to the 401k. Just my guess. Is there someone from amfa that can answer this factually?

I sent the same question to AMFA international yesterday. To early for a reply, but if I get one I will post.
Just out of curiosity would you be ok with the 9% match on the 401k?
What you have vested in the iam pension they CANNOT take away. Do not let them bullshit you.

Not sure if that can be answered without knowing the final contract language. Will the 2.40 an hour continue or will it be replaced by the 5% 401 money? Will you get both the 2.40 an hour and the 5%. If it’s replaced by 5% of the 9% 401 money then it would go to your 401 plan if they kick you out of the failing pension. If your are getting both 2.40 an hour and 5% the contract language will cover what happens to the hourly contribution. It’s not like you will ever see full value on either contribution or both once it is flushed down the iamnpf toilet.

When we left the IAM at NW, our contributions stopped, but our vested benefits stayed just as they were. We're still Plan Participants, but it's as if the clock stopped 10 years ago. We were all moved to the same 401k plan PMDL employees had.

Just out of curiosity would you be ok with the 9% match on the 401k?
What you have vested in the iam pension they CANNOT take away. Do not let them bullshit you.

I don't have a problem leaving the plan for an equal contribution into my 401K. I've been around long enough to see thru any BS. My concern is to not lose any $$ due to me. I understand how the plan works when you are fully vested and know that anybody who is vested doesn't lose anything already accrued.

When we left the IAM at NW, our contributions stopped, but our vested benefits stayed just as they were. We're still Plan Participants, but it's as if the clock stopped 10 years ago. We were all moved to the same 401k plan PMDL employees had.

Thanks for your input. I know i'm going to hear a bunch of belly aching, but the way I see it for the minority on the Usair side, and IMO everybody is IF the TA passes it really is no benefit for us to switch to AMFA until the year before the new contract expires.That way if there isn't a bridge to not lose the pension contributions, we don't give away $$ back to the company for several years for free. I also feel it would be better for the current union to monitor the billable hours and administrating of the contract language that they are already familiar with. Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of IAM reps I would love to see come back to the ranks and work as mechanics like they were hired to do, but what everyone needs to understand is it's going to be up to the rank and file to step up into all the new union positions to make the new union work for all of us. I know that most of the people pushing for the change have no interest nor are capable of doing any of these jobs.

Thanks for your input. I know i'm going to hear a bunch of belly aching, but the way I see it for the minority on the Usair side, and IMO everybody is IF the TA passes it really is no benefit for us to switch to AMFA until the year before the new contract expires.That way if there isn't a bridge to not lose the pension contributions, we don't give away $$ back to the company for several years for free. I also feel it would be better for the current union to monitor the billable hours and administrating of the contract language that they are already familiar with. Don't get me wrong, there are PLENTY of IAM reps I would love to see come back to the ranks and work as mechanics like they were hired to do, but what everyone needs to understand is it's going to be up to the rank and file to step up into all the new union positions to make the new union work for all of us. I know that most of the people pushing for the change have no interest nor are capable of doing any of these jobs.

TMTTQ, When you say no benefit to switch until this contract is about to become amenable sound as though you are thinking of just yourself. That is exactly what the IAM/TWU are doing they thought of the dues so the association got formed. You'll make more money if we get rid of the association and you get the 9%401k plan like everyone here on the LAA side. Like you said if you're vested then why are you willing to lose 4 yrs of 401k money into a multicompany plan. Makes No sense at all. On top of that the others forced into the plan lose as well. So if you really want those reps to come back to the floor because they are scamming. This is the Time to sign a card get a Vote and Bring AMFA Here.

You guys had a vote with the IBT, what did the IAM say to you about your PF then? You guys there got a Vote that is what we want a chance to VOTE, if AMFA gets in then OK, but if NOT the membership has had it's say and there should be NO Crying about it.

It will be the rank and file from all the companies that AMFA represents who will be able to put in for the Top positions. The best for the job will prevail.

Status
Not open for further replies.