April/May 2013 IAM Fleet Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sisters and Brothers,
Just spent the day saying goodbye to my son who is shipping out to United States Marines BasicTraining. He believes in this country and the democracy it represents. Enough so that he feels an obligation to serve to protect the liberty and freedom our democracy represents. A freedom and liberty we all enjoy. Our freedom, liberty and right to voice our opinion are granted by those who have and are currently serving in the armed forces. Many who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Many take this freedom for granted. I ask all to keep the men and women serving and my son in their thoughts and prayers as they defend our country and constitution.
ORGAC... i wish your son all the best and all the best of luck as he begins his military training and career... may God Bless Him and thank him and all of the USA military service members for all of their efforts to keep us safe and enjoy our freedom..
good luck to him

Reactions: 2 people
Sisters and Brothers,
Just spent the day saying goodbye to my son who is shipping out to United States Marines BasicTraining. He believes in this country and the democracy it represents. Enough so that he feels an obligation to serve to protect the liberty and freedom our democracy represents. A freedom and liberty we all enjoy. Our freedom, liberty and right to voice our opinion are granted by those who have and are currently serving in the armed forces. Many who have paid the ultimate sacrifice. Many take this freedom for granted. I ask all to keep the men and women serving and my son in their thoughts and prayers as they defend our country and constitution.

Cargo-- I wish your son the best... the USMC is the point of the spear... toughest of the tough as far as troops go... Semper Fi!

On immigration, I would like your opinion... Feet Service is not threatened by undocumented workers, as they would need to pass extensive background investigations to obtain CIDA. Further, Immigration Reform would allow for a mechanism that would encourage the vast majority of illegals to document themselves, allowing for the US Government to begin a process that would provide revenues, as well as identification of an otherwise invisible millions of people that are impossible, and too costly to locate otherwise.

And one last thing... I agree that we have fought and died for freedom... but we must ensure that Democracy is not replaced by Plutocracy. We are free to do this through the democratic process, but the Plutocrats are chipping away at that freedom with legislation like Citizens United, GOPACS, and Special Interest Lobbyist like the Kochs have billions to augment these efforts. These observations DO, and HAVE had a direct affect on Fleet Service. The NRTA is just the latest in this onslaught brought by GOP Special Interest Groups that will undermine the middle-class worker-- Especially if you are a member of a Organized Labor Group!

About the IAM pension just for timmie and freedom

Sleigh said the fund's 2012 return was 16%, compared with 13.4% for the S&P [background=transparent]500[/background]. "We look at comparisons to our peers and we always rank in the top 5%," Sleigh said. "You're not going to totally beat the market, but we've done somewhat better. Over the last 30 years we have averaged above an 8% return. We have great trustees from the union and from employers."

Reactions: 1 person
Cargo-- I wish your son the best... the USMC is the point of the spear... toughest of the tough as far as troops go... Semper Fi!

On immigration, I would like your opinion... Feet Service is not threatened by undocumented workers, as they would need to pass extensive background investigations to obtain CIDA. Further, Immigration Reform would allow for a mechanism that would encourage the vast majority of illegals to document themselves, allowing for the US Government to begin a process that would provide revenues, as well as identification of an otherwise invisible millions of people that are impossible, and too costly to locate otherwise.

And one last thing... I agree that we have fought and died for freedom... but we must ensure that Democracy is not replaced by Plutocracy. We are free to do this through the democratic process, but the Plutocrats are chipping away at that freedom with legislation like Citizens United, GOPACS, and Special Interest Lobbyist like the Kochs have billions to augment these efforts. These observations DO, and HAVE had a direct affect on Fleet Service. The NRTA is just the latest in this onslaught brought by GOP Special Interest Groups that will undermine the middle-class worker-- Especially if you are a member of a Organized Labor Group!
Roa,
Out of respect I will present my opinion on the need for immigration reform; even though I believe we have once again been sidetracked by certain posters. This country was founded and formed by immigrants from other countries. Despite this... the country grew to being the most prosperous and strongest nation of all. Our country represented a beacon of light and hope to the oppressed citizens of other nations. This is what our nation was founded on. Now... immigrants are the cause of all of our problems? In the recent couple of decades capitalism, corporate greed, special interests and a broken political process have brought this country to where we are now. Our country is evolving into a Plutocatic nation. A government ruled by the wealthy governing class. The belief that immigration reform will solve the problem... is similiar to one believing by cutting the dandelion at the flower you will eliminate the weed. Shortsighted approach that does not address the root of the problem. Welcome to economic globilazation. The country will eventually join others as third world status while corporate america will reep huge profits. This is not what our country was founded on. My son chose to serve based on what this country was founded on. He despises politicians and CEOs alike. Proud of him!

About the IAM pension just for timmie and freedom
That's great that they averaged over 8% over 30 years, so why did they rob us of our benefit schedule? lol Look 700, they pimped us good. Bottom line. I just don't think it is wise to trust them so much to toss in more company increases into the IAM pension hands. We have no control at all over it and it defeats the '3 pronged approach' which is seen as the most reasonable, especially with union funds being suspect and social security also. regards,

Roa,
Out of respect I will present my opinion on the need for immigration reform; even though I believe we have once again been sidetracked by certain posters. This country was founded and formed by immigrants from other countries. Despite this... the country grew to being the most prosperous and strongest nation of all. Our country represented a beacon of light and hope to the oppressed citizens of other nations. This is what our nation was founded on. Now... immigrants are the cause of all of our problems? In the recent couple of decades capitalism, corporate greed, special interests and a broken political process have brought this country to where we are now. Our country is evolving into a Plutocatic nation. A government ruled by the wealthy governing class. The belief that immigration reform will solve the problem... is similiar to one believing by cutting the dandelion at the flower you will eliminate the weed. Shortsighted approach that does not address the root of the problem. Welcome to economic globilazation. The country will eventually join others as third world status while corporate america will reep huge profits. This is not what our country was founded on. My son chose to serve based on what this country was founded on. He despises politicians and CEOs alike. Proud of him!
I agree 100% ... thanks for your reply. You made my point exactly... people like Freedom are few and far between. The majority of America knows how we got to where we are today-- Plutocracy!

U r a liar roabily or you are just losing your mind. Go over the pages on here, starting with 2003 and see if you can find one post positive about the iam pension. What you will find is that i was very upset about the $47 million concession it was to our "up to 10% 401k. I told folks that the high multiplier was not guaranteed.
At any rate, even those who got hoodwinked by 700 and the iam, now realize its very risky putting our money into the iam pension hands. I just hope they dont whack future benefit schedules a third time. Yikes!

Hoodwinked?

Sorry dude I had nothing to do with Fleet and its negotiations.

And we didnt even use the IAMNPF as a tool when we organized fleet in 1995.

Your own negotiating committee and your own fleet services members negotiated and approved participation into the IAMNPF.

Dont let the facts get in your way.

Be seeing you soon.

I agree 100% ... thanks for your reply. You made my point exactly... people like Freedom are few and far between. The majority of America knows how we got to where we are today-- Plutocracy!

I know exactly how we got here .... me I'm always thinking about how we can get OUT of where we are today ...i'm just a simple baggage handler , but even I know that our fellow American's simply cannot out compete illegal immigrants who are willing to live 8 to a house in order to save money and who will take whatever is given ..

you on the other hand don't seem to think millions of low wage workers who will accept any condition or employment term suppress wages for blue collar workers of America...

oh well what does it matter , i'm sorry I even brought the topic up .

Status
Not open for further replies.