Are you pro-union?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Undecided...i would love for either DAL or the IAM to present a sort of Powerpoint presentation with side-by-side comparisons of all the benefits, ie wages/vacation/sick time/401k....etc, so i can see where i stand versus my NWA-IAM counterpart.

I appreciate you wanting to take them time to vet the information for yourself.

There are a few comparisons out there. DL put one out, but it's got a few incorrect things on it, and is slanted to appear favorable to them.

If there is anything specific point you would like to see/read, please either post them here, or PM me. I will be happy to answer it truthfully (yes, really), as well as directing you to places where you can verify things for yourself.

I will say this however, it is my understanding (and please correct me if i've misspoken)that NWA ramp workers clock out exactly 8 hours into their shift, whereas DAL forces us to stay for 8.30 hours...which on the whole doesn't seem like much, but when you factor that extra 1/2 hour per day spread out over an entire year, it adds up to nearly 3 weeks MORE time on the job (without pay)than my NWA counterpart.

This is more or less accurate. The only shifts that are 8.5 hours are ones with a start time between 0559-1059. Everyone else works an 8.0 hour shift, with an inclusive lunch. I think it actually adds up to 130 hours, but may be off on that.

Maybe more importantly-at least to me- is the fact that that is 130 more hours a year I could be doing things like spending time with my kids... You can't put a price on that.

Yea, Me 2, but are you pro or con?
:lol: xUT
I would rather go non-union than to go back with the IAMAW...the way it was when they represented us at NWA in the early 90's.

However, that was before they had Richard Anderson as the CEO.

I will take any union contract over none with him at the helm.

Maybe more importantly-at least to me- is the fact that that is 130 more hours a year I could be doing things like spending time with my kids... You can't put a price on that.

:up:
I work 12hr shifts, 3 days a week for 3 weeks and a 4 day week to make up the balance of our hours. Having that extra 2 days off a week is great. Works out to an extra 100 days off a year more than an 8hr shift.

That sounds great. I'd love to have something like that.

3 13's would be nice as well (I think UPS has those???).

Delta had 13s at the Delta Hanger in DFW until the end. They added that shift for FSS when they went to 7 day coverage at the hanger. This was done to attract guys with time to work the wknd.

That sounds great. I'd love to have something like that.

3 13's would be nice as well (I think UPS has those???).

The best part of it is the OT, if you are willing to work it. I worked all of my off days last week. Thats 12OT and 36DT.

:up:
I work 12hr shifts, 3 days a week for 3 weeks and a 4 day week to make up the balance of our hours. Having that extra 2 days off a week is great. Works out to an extra 100 days off a year more than an 8hr shift.

Did your union get those hours for you ? :blink:

Did your union get those hours for you ? :blink:

Amazingly enough, no, we actually talked to our manager, proved the manpower would allow it and took a poll of all the affected mechanics. No mediation required. :up:

Amazingly enough, no, we actually talked to our manager, proved the manpower would allow it and took a poll of all the affected mechanics. No mediation required. :up:

That's great you guys can go to your manager and make big changes that will help the company. Isn't it that part of you guys 2009 Flight Plan? While you at it, suggest that some of those ASM's with AP's with 6 to 10 years of seniority get a chance to become an AMT. You guys are a "Family" right? I think they will rather have AMT pay than ASM pay w/OT. Especially in these times we are in right now. See about helping or sharing some of that OT with the Engine Shop guys, they have nothing to do since Delta is grounding planes. With the state of the airline industry and the negative outlook by IATA, you guy will have to talk to your management a lot. Wait a minute...??? Delta MTC's never had a set budget since ATL was considered home. I think you guys beat your management to the punch on the OT situation, but you gave them some brownie points for listening to you guys :lol: DAL Mech, let me know when you guys go upstairs and suggest something again, I wanna be there. :)

That's great you guys can go to your manager and make big changes that will help the company. Isn't it that part of you guys 2009 Flight Plan? While you at it, suggest that some of those ASM's with AP's with 6 to 10 years of seniority get a chance to become an AMT. You guys are a "Family" right? I think they will rather have AMT pay than ASM pay w/OT. Especially in these times we are in right now. See about helping or sharing some of that OT with the Engine Shop guys, they have nothing to do since Delta is grounding planes. With the state of the airline industry and the negative outlook by IATA, you guy will have to talk to your management a lot. Wait a minute...??? Delta MTC's never had a set budget since ATL was considered home. I think you guys beat your management to the punch on the OT situation, but you gave them some brownie points for listening to you guys :lol: DAL Mech, let me know when you guys go upstairs and suggest something again, I wanna be there. :)

The changes helped me, thats what you union guys are all about right? It certainly isnt about helping the company. I thought you would approve.

As far as I understand it, ASMs that are qualified can bid for an AMT spot. I dont really know, it does not directly effect me.

Im sure glad you know everything. Im especially glad that you arent pro-union. :down:

Back