Are you pro-union?

Well?

• Yes

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
That's great you guys can go to your manager and make big changes that will help the company. Isn't it that part of you guys 2009 Flight Plan? While you at it, suggest that some of those ASM's with AP's with 6 to 10 years of seniority get a chance to become an AMT. You guys are a "Family" right? I think they will rather have AMT pay than ASM pay w/OT. Especially in these times we are in right now. See about helping or sharing some of that OT with the Engine Shop guys, they have nothing to do since Delta is grounding planes. With the state of the airline industry and the negative outlook by IATA, you guy will have to talk to your management a lot. Wait a minute...??? Delta MTC's never had a set budget since ATL was considered home. I think you guys beat your management to the punch on the OT situation, but you gave them some brownie points for listening to you guys :lol: DAL Mech, let me know when you guys go upstairs and suggest something again, I wanna be there. :)

Err...............engine shop guys are working the hanger as we speak, moving man-power around where needed...................with all the OT they want ! :blink:

Best union for AMTs is the IAM.
WORST union for flight attendants-ask any stapled former TWA f/a you can-though after 10/01 not one will still be employed at AA thanks to the IAM with help from their friends at apfa-4,1000 to 0-that's unionism at its best!

....and there you have it, WorkinG! Charaf and his crew exploit the hell out of "as long as it does not directly effect me".

I do not work directly with any ASM's so I have no working knowlege about their situation.

That is what was meant with that statement.

Are you trying to say that they shouldnt be able to bid an AMT job if they are qualified?

....and there you have it, WorkinG! Charaf and his crew exploit the hell out of "as long as it does not directly effect me".

That's one of the reason why they don't have to worry about a union 2blacknblue. They are selfish and not aware of the company they hold trust in. "Delta Family" <_< You guys got the nerve. Just let it be known DAL MECH that you are for yourself and you don't care what happen to the guys you work with when you go into work. I guess I'll just pick on you or something. How is the 757 push coming along DAL MECH?

Err...............engine shop guys are working the hanger as we speak, moving man-power around where needed...................with all the OT they want ! :blink:

So that's what Tony mean by being "flexible"? <_< Shop don't want to be out there anyway. They didn't have a choice Southwind. Delta signed a CONTRACT for 20 years to work on contract engines and the JT8's. They also signed a contract to in-house replacement parts for the contract work that will be going on in the shops. Ooops! I said too much :eek: Southwind, did you go to www.opensecrets.org and see how much of lobbying Delta did for 2008? You can also see how much NWA put in for lobbying also. If a CONTRACT will not help you, then why spend so much in campaigning to remind you? If it is that obvious why use Delta money on DVD's and flyers etc.... If you can explain Southwind, I will be all ears.

That's one of the reason why they don't have to worry about a union 2blacknblue. They are selfish and not aware of the company they hold trust in. "Delta Family" <_< You guys got the nerve. Just let it be known DAL MECH that you are for yourself and you don't care what happen to the guys you work with when you go into work. I guess I'll just pick on you or something. How is the 757 push coming along DAL MECH?

BrOkEn record.

Charaf and his crew exploit the hell out of "as long as it does not directly effect me".

If I can wade in here for a second...

This is an interesting point. I notice the "it doesn't effect me" mindset a lot from DL folks, not only on here, but on other sites as well. ACS, Inflight, TechOps; all have the same mentality.

What gives? Aren't you (we) all in it together?

This is an interesting point. I notice the "it doesn't effect me" mindset a lot from DL folks, not only on here, but on other sites as well. ACS, Inflight, TechOps; all have the same mentality.

I explained what I meant in my post.

Of course we are all in in it together, well not me (of course), because I dont want a union. Obviously people that want a union are better than those that do not, at least thats what some here think.
:rolleyes:

Not all, but most have this mentality. This is why they are not any unions at delta besides pilots and dispatchers. The guys are way selfish and that how tony and anderson want to keep it. Kev they coming after the NWA employees this go around in cuts. They want the Delta Mentality with the NWA management and money. When its all said and done, Delta will be back to the same head count prior to Merger

I explained what I meant in my post.

I understood what you (specifically) meant in your post, but my point stands.

Of course we are all in in it together, well not me (of course), because I dont want a union. Obviously people that want a union are better than those that do not, at least thats what some here think.
:rolleyes:

No, we're all in it together, be it pro or anti union. The end.

99% of the time, the sanctimonious attitude- be it on here, other sites, or in person- is from anti union DL folks...

...And, no, that is not directed at you personally...

I understood what you (specifically) meant in your post, but my point stands.

No, we're all in it together, be it pro or anti union. The end.

99% of the time, the sanctimonious attitude- be it on here, other sites, or in person- is from anti union DL folks...

...And, no, that is not directed at you personally...

DAL MECH doesn't understand contract or the company he works for, so explaining what he said would make his head hurt. Kev3188 you are better off talking to a potato with a delta cap on it. At least the potato will not speak back non-sense. I know this guy, he is all the way in the dark about life

IMHO I would rather talk to a potato with a Kool-Aid stained Delta hat,than a turd with an IAM bootprint stomped in it.

IMHO I would rather talk to a potato with a Kool-Aid stained Delta hat,than a turd with an IAM bootprint stomped in it.
A union win could also affect broader labor relations at Delta and lead to stronger support for unionizing other groups such as mechanics.

“You don’t want to be the one group that’s not unionized because the wage increases and work rules that go for the unionized group will be taken from the nonunion group,â€￾ said Gary Chaison, professor of labor relations at Clark University.

Keep drinking.........even your avatar is full of it (kool-aide).

DAL MECH doesn't understand contract or the company he works for, so explaining what he said would make his head hurt. Kev3188 you are better off talking to a potato with a delta cap on it. At least the potato will not speak back non-sense. I know this guy, he is all the way in the dark about life

You know me huh? In the dark about life? You dont know what the hell you are talking about.

Latest posts

Back