August/September 2013 Fleet Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Witnessed the 08 revolution first hand. A true example of the results a solidified membership can achieve. There are some posters on here who have little faith or hope in the IAM achieving an industry leading contract. They predict nothing better than what AA got under bankruptcy with a MOU. I'm sure the company wishes the majority of our membership had such low expectations. I have to believe one who sets the expectation bar so low would vote for any sub par agreement; then turn around and blame it on the union and the NC. Luckily, IMO... members such as the fore mentioned are a minority. I remain convinced the vast majority of the membership has had their fill of sub par concessionary contracts. I remain convinced the vast majority will wait it out and do whatever is necessary to achieve a respectable contract. The NC is only as strong as the dogged determination and solidarity of the members they represent. Let's learn something from the 08 election of District Officers and our Sisters and Brothers at UA.
Cargo,

Your opinion mirrors mine. I would like to add one more observation... the F/A's voted down at least two Tentatives, using this same resolve strategy. The company depends on guys like freedom that will take whatever scraps they toss on the ground, even if it means compromising other members!

The Industry is poised for an unprecedented era of world growth, and profits. Accepting an agreement that does not reflect this... would be foolish for Fleet!

Bin salad is not good......
One or two late bags before out time, but when the load comes in mixed, that's a problem on a quick turn.

What is the ground objective for a "quick turn"? "Quick turn" is a term employed by the company, and everybody else that works here, from the crew of the aircraft, to the FSA's, that actually does not exist in company policy. The company gives us ground objectives, or turn times, to SAFELY work that particular flight on that aircraft type. NOWHERE, in the GOM, Safety Manual, or policy and procedure manuals, are there ground objectives for "quick turns"! Use the gound objective to work safely, and know that there truly is no such thing as a quick turn according to policy.

What is the ground objective for a "quick turn"? "Quick turn" is a term employed by the company, and everybody else that works here, from the crew of the aircraft, to the FSA's, that actually does not exist in company policy. The company gives us ground objectives, or turn times, to SAFELY work that particular flight on that aircraft type. NOWHERE, in the GOM, Safety Manual, or policy and procedure manuals, are there ground objectives for "quick turns"! Use the gound objective to work safely, and know that there truly is no such thing as a quick turn according to policy.
Well stated PJ. Let's focus on a respectable contract before we start 'quick turning" aircraft. If qiuck turning aircraft compromises safety or company policies it should be strongly discouraged. Of course we all know how that goes. The practice of compromising safety and company policy is OK until someone gets hurt or something goes wrong. Then they throw the book at the affected employee. How many times have we seen that happen?

well said pj and orgac just way way too many weve seen that.. in decs there is a time such as 45 or so and from what ive been told that is typically the turn time given at any particular flight. depending on the aircraft type and the arrival n departure times etc everyone needs to do it safely

jfk hear ya on that in my station thats typically how we do it and many times we took longer then expected esp to turn the phx plane bec usually its one clp agent 1 person for the bin and one to do the lav (though some of us call it a diaper change) and the water... while the 4th person runs say as many as 150 bags from the plane so there we are short and if anyone calls out sic our mgmt rarely ever covers that so we get short big time

jfk hear ya on that in my station thats typically how we do it and many times we took longer then expected esp to turn the phx plane bec usually its one clp agent 1 person for the bin and one to do the lav (though some of us call it a diaper change) and the water... while the 4th person runs say as many as 150 bags from the plane so there we are short and if anyone calls out sic our mgmt rarely ever covers that so we get short big time
not sure about the hub stations... but in the outline stations no coverage of sick calls seems to be the norm. we're expected to work short, work harder and quick turn flights running late. Seems like a one sided agenda to me. Personally... I'm getting a little sick of these expectations at my sub par wages, contract and working conditions. It's time the company antes up. It's time for an industry leading contract. Rest assured... when this merger runs full cycle the shareholders and company executives will be reaping industry leading profits and benefits. In the meantime; IMO...we stand united and get our fair share of the pie. Until then; there will be labor unrest with this merger. Something the shareholders have been sold will not happen and company leadership fears. Here-in lies our leverage and input regarding our collective futures.

Youre absolutely right orgac and as you said i believe its always been a 1 sided policy but God forbid you get hurt bec your busting your arse to get that plane a quick turn... no sir way i wont get hurt trying to do a quick turn when we are short they bring it upon themselves for their failure to check the phone line the voice mail and their failure to cover the sick agent

is that for fleet? i definitely am not shocked nor surprised either given the company's stall tactics

If what was posted is true regarding Fleet negotiations it should come as no suprise. The company has chosen to test the resolve, solidarity and patience of the NC and the membership they represent. The question to all members on this forum is how do we respond to the company's posture? I ask that you submit the question to your co workers and fellow members in your respective stations. IMO... as stated earlier, until the company proposes a fair and equitable contract proposal to the US Fleet there will be labor unrest with this merger going forward. Time to lock and load Brothers and Sisters. The question to the District Leadership and the NC is do they have the same resolve as the membership? If not... we could see the same results we witnessed with the UA TA.

It is true, heard it from someone in the loop at 141, they ended yesterday I believe.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back